Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You almost have to think Delgado would be included because the FO wanted him badly in the Dempster deal.

as random pieces I'd really like to see them grab Lamb and Blair

Something like - Skaggs, Trahan, Lamb, Blair for Shark
    Last edited by gaughan333; 11-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

I'd take Delgado + Skaggs + Trehan for Smardzija + Russel.

Aaron Blair and Braden Shipley would have to be PTBNL in any trade with the Diamondbacks, but I doubt they give either guy up after just drafting them.

Kevin Towers always keeps me entertained.

No trade would shock me.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    Kevin Towers always keeps me entertained.

No trade would shock me.
    This.

I get a chuckle out of folks proclaiming this trade or that trade will never happen. There are a few major head-scratchers every year. And often Kevin Towers is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    This.

I get a chuckle out of folks proclaiming this trade or that trade will never happen. There are a few major head-scratchers every year. And often Kevin Towers is involved.
    This. when fixates on someone its over with..

I guess then let's just hope he's fixated on Shark and we don't back down from Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    I think Shark is a solid major league arm. I don't think he's a traditional ace, but I don't think many guys are. He's got low mileage on his arm, and is a fiery competitor. He turn 29 in January, so he's just entering his prime. We have 2 more years of control over him, which I think is key.

My position on him is simple. We either need to sign him to an extension this offseason or trade him. Period. It looks like he's less then interested in signing an extension, so for me personally, he has to be dealt. I can clearly remember the whole Matt Garza charade, and want to avoid that whit Shark.

I want to get back the best haul we can for Shark, don't particularly care who we deal with. But people need to come down from the whole "If Bradley isn't involved, I'm not interested" bit. Diamondbacks have a slew of interesting names besides Bradley. Skaggs and Delgado are guys who are ready to join the big club. Chaffin and Holmberg are guys that would give us much needed lefty arms with ML potential. Davidson would give us a ML bat. Owings would be valuable, especially if they decide to move Castro and aren't in love with Baez at SS. Trahan would immediate give us an actual catching prospect. And a guy like Barrett could join our pen.

Out of those guys you could build a more then respectable package for Shark. Obviously Bradley is the prize, but you could get a solid package if the Diamondbacks really are interested. I'd do a Skaggs, Delgado, Trahan and Holmberg for Shark and Russell / Lake.
    No doubt about it. That's a ton of upside there. If Skaggs' velocity comes back, we could be looking at a TOR arm there.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

whenever I trade a Shark I buy a Tanaka.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    In my eyes anything under Bradley is selling low and all it says is how pathetic of a state our FO is right now finically. I don't think we've even seen the peak for Shark at this point.
    Generally agreed, though I think you could have ended the first sentence a word earlier.

I wish the Blue Jays would poke their heads in.

....I'd rather we give shark a contract.

Goldschmidt for Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Generally agreed, though I think you could have ended the first sentence a word earlier.

I wish the Blue Jays would poke their heads in.
    I'm sure they will (apparently tried a year ago, too), I just don't know that they'd have enough they'd be willing to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I'm sure they will (apparently tried a year ago, too), I just don't know that they'd have enough they'd be willing to give up.
    They certainly do. Stroman and Sanchez are good arms for sure. Osuna and Norris are interesting as well. Nolin looked good until he hit the majors as well. Then you guys have a mess of other arms that could be potential 3rd or 4th pieces to any deal. I'm sure Russell could be packaged as well to add two good ML pieces.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast