Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

#1 pick Anthony Bennet still looking for first NBA basket

He looked good in preseason, rough start though
    Cavaliers rookie Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 pick in the 2013 draft, has yet to make his first NBA field goal.

"I just feel like thereís a lid on the basket,'' he said quietly after the Cavs' 89-74 loss to the Pacers on Saturday night at Bank Life Fieldhouse. "Three games and no shots went in, but I just have to keep working.''

Late in the third quarter, he had what looked to be his best chance, when he stole the ball from Luis Scola and raced toward the other where Indiana's C.J. Watson was the only thing between him and a wide open layup -- good -- or dunk -- even better.

But he missed it. Asked what he was thinking the closer he got to the open goal, Bennett said, ''If it happens, [if] the opportunity comes, Iím going to try to dunk it. Other than that, I just have to work on my team, get rebounds, defend.''
    He looked good in preseason, rough start though Anthony Bennett has yet to make his first NBA basket.

"I just feel like thereís a lid on the basket," said Bennett. "Three games and no shots went in, but I just have to keep working."

Bennett is now 0-for-12 from the field and 0-for-6 on three-pointers.

"Never," said Bennett when he was asked if he's ever had a stretch like this. "I also went through surgery and stuff. This is all kind of new to me. Basically this is my 11th game coming back off of surgery, havenít played the whole summer. Itíll come to me."
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....and_caval.html

No big deal.He's just so bad.

Really goes on to show how weak that draft was. MCW and Oladipo are about the only ones that's looking good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Really goes on to show how weak that draft was. MCW and Oladipo are about the only ones that's looking good so far.
    I don't blame the Cavs for not drafting MCW since he was sort of a question mark in the draft, but they should have drafted Oladipo.

Also, Alec Burks is playing very well.

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

Cavs should of traded that first overall

Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    I don't blame the Cavs for not drafting MCW since he was sort of a question mark in the draft, but they should have drafted Oladipo.

Also, Alec Burks is playing very well.
    Burks isn't a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Burks isn't a rookie.
    Oh my mistake. Thought he was for some reason. :/

"He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell

Give him time. I thought Bennett had the most talent in the draft but had bust potential (like everyone else in this year's class) and I wanted the Sixers to nab him at 11. Little did I know the Cavs would pick him first! But he does have an incredibly unique skillset and reminds me of a stronger more athletic Jamal Mashburn.

Hopefully he'll pan out but we'll see.

"Bennett missed all three of his field goal attempts and opposing beat writers were particularly brutal about his weight and conditioning. Though we saw flashes of offensive potential during the preseason, it's a bit disappointing that a No. 1 pick is taking so long to get his feet underneath him." -yahoo
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 11-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.

That must really suck the confidence out of you. This guy needs to get in the paint and score something before his streak continues!

Trade him to the Raptors you can have anyone but JVal.

Didnt like the pick I wulda traded down.or traded for a firat in the nxt dradt and a player...but this was an extremely weak dradt,

Well see how he pans out no biggie yet not every number one pick will adapt lkke lebron even tho he was already a monster

Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Oh my mistake. Thought he was for some reason. :/
    ur probably mistakening him for Trey Burke, who's injured

that sounds pretty frustrating for a dude.

Here's my post from 10/17:

I could not believe this guy went no. 1 in the draft. He'll be remembered as one of the worst #1 overall picks in nba history, alongside guys like Olowokandi and Kwame Brown.

3 games is obviously too soon to say that he IS a bust, but it's obviously an embarrassing start, particularly for a no. 1 overall pick.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast