Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Stanton is a pipe dream.

I'd offer Doubront, Webster, JBJ, Middlebrooks, Coyle and Brentz for him and Cishek though.

Jessie Crain & Boone Logan both intrigue me as bullpen additions. Neither are linked to compensation picks either as far as I know.

What are the Yankees thinking letting a legitimate 28 year old lefty just walk? Brain fart by their upper management if you ask me. Too much Robinson Cano on there minds I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    I don't know, but I would expect it to be terrible. Teams interested in him would just be trying to buy low on him.
    Disagree. A young 3B with power is worth a lot more than terrible.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I hope we chase Brian McCann, David Wright is my pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Stanton is a pipe dream.

I'd offer Doubront, Webster, JBJ, Middlebrooks, Coyle and Brentz for him and Cishek though.
    Funny when Cabrera was on the table in Miami, I mention giving the farm for him ppl laughed at me..............I think I won that one

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Funny when Cabrera was on the table in Miami, I mention giving the farm for him ppl laughed at me..............I think I won that one
    Depends what the it would have taken.

Also, I don't think wife beaters and drunks get away with as much in Boston as Detroit.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Disagree. A young 3B with power is worth a lot more than terrible.
    WMB is worth a lot more than he would fetch. I doubt anyone would be high on him. I would much rather just ride him out this year and hope he can keep a hot streak going throughout the year, then we can deal him+ for Stanton or something if he is available.

Im meh on Brian Mccann & his price is going to be high so thats a no for me.

But im looking forward what Ben does this offseason!
    Last edited by Celtic AL; 11-04-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

What do people think about selling high on Lackey? He's earned his contract but is also only getting older. Would a deal centered around him make sense in acquiring, say, Matt Kemp? I'm thinking Lackey + mid-level pieces MIGHT be enough since Kemp has a huge contract? I don't know, just playing around with ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Norieaga View Post
    What do people think about selling high on Lackey? He's earned his contract but is also only getting older. Would a deal centered around him make sense in acquiring, say, Matt Kemp? I'm thinking Lackey + mid-level pieces MIGHT be enough since Kemp has a huge contract? I don't know, just playing around with ideas.
    Not a fan of Kemp - his future is behind him. IMO Lackey is worth more than Kemp as is.

The way to handle Lackey is to give him a one year extension (like say $18M) so that year we get him for the min doesn't stick in his craw, but not yet - say Aug '14.

If they can get Doubront to stay in shape and stay focused, I wouldn't trade him. If they can't, he's a candidate.

Buchholz will never add the 12 lbs of muscle he needs in the right places and will always be a tease - he's my pick to click for the basis of a Stanton deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Norieaga View Post
    No freaking way. Kemp deal is an albatross. Why not re-sign Ellsbury?

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not a fan of Kemp - his future is behind him. IMO Lackey is worth more than Kemp as is.

The way to handle Lackey is to give him a one year extension (like say $18M) so that year we get him for the min doesn't stick in his craw, but not yet - say Aug '14.

If they can get Doubront to stay in shape and stay focused, I wouldn't trade him. If they can't, he's a candidate.

Buchholz will never add the 12 lbs of muscle he needs in the right places and will always be a tease - he's my pick to click for the basis of a Stanton deal.
    I wouldn't give Lackey anything. He burned us the first 3 season. Remember the last time they did something stupid, give Lowell a contract extension, that didn't work out. $18M annually for Lackey sounds nauseating to me, especially if they could be on the market to get Tanaka. The posting system is different now, as Tanaka could pick one of the top 3 bidders to go to. I would imagine they have the resources to be one of the 3.

Salty no QO according to mlbtr

This raise his stock a bit.

The only reason I was advocating for Kemp was because he brings power. I feel like we'll need some slugging either in the OF corners or infield corners.

Kemp just had shoulder surgery, you don't know if that will sap his power

Trading high on Lackey does make sense. The Angels would probably be interested, they were interested last year. That league minimum final year should interest the smaller clubs as well.

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast