Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. #1456
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    I see what Stan is up to, go into funk for Monk

  2. #1457
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    someone stole Charlie V's toilet lol

    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/char...lanueva-toilet

  3. #1458
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075

  4. #1459
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    77,020
    Demarcus Cousins signs with the Warriors. Yeah I know he won't be back until the mid point of the season but still, this is adding an all star center to an all star roster (if healthy). This league is ****ed lol.

  5. #1460
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Demarcus Cousins signs with the Warriors. Yeah I know he won't be back until the mid point of the season but still, this is adding an all star center to an all star roster (if healthy). This league is ****ed lol.
    I was joking with my friend that this is a sign the Pistons will win

    15 year anniversary of the lunch pail pistons taking on the hall of fame loaded Lakers of Shaq, Kobe, GP, Malone, and however many other hall of famers they had. Pistons had none of that, and history loves to repeat!


  6. #1461
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,426
    Okay I'll be the first person to say it (I'm sure I'm not, Twitter is weird)...we should sign-&-trade for Isiah Thomas.

    Ish Smith for IT... Get him on a 1yr $6-7mil prove it deal. Honestly idk why LA would want Ish, but at the very least he'll be an expiring contract for them. IT will give us instant offense with our 2nd unit, plus he'll fit right in with Jackson and Calderon, PGs who can't play defense


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  7. #1462
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    77,020
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I was joking with my friend that this is a sign the Pistons will win

    15 year anniversary of the lunch pail pistons taking on the hall of fame loaded Lakers of Shaq, Kobe, GP, Malone, and however many other hall of famers they had. Pistons had none of that, and history loves to repeat!

    I like your train of thought!

  8. #1463
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Okay I'll be the first person to say it (I'm sure I'm not, Twitter is weird)...we should sign-&-trade for Isiah Thomas.

    Ish Smith for IT... Get him on a 1yr $6-7mil prove it deal. Honestly idk why LA would want Ish, but at the very least he'll be an expiring contract for them. IT will give us instant offense with our 2nd unit, plus he'll fit right in with Jackson and Calderon, PGs who can't play defense
    I think I'd actually rather have Ish lol

    although I've always wondered about an inventive way to get Isaiah Thomas "back" just for namesake

  9. #1464
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,062
    Though this would never happen:

    Port Stanley, Reggie Jackson & Leuer, 2019 & 2021 First rounder

    Det Damian Lilliard


    Funny, because without Stanley Pistons +9 wins, Port -12. With Stanley it says (per Hollinger) that you haven't affected either team's win/losses. WTF??


    Again, would never happen. The only thing it would do is allow Port to escape (possibly) lux tax a year early as Lilliard has 2 more years after this and Leuer/Reggie 1 more after this.


    Same trade with Evan Turner thrown in. Says Det needs to cut 7,013,341 from incoming value. Which is 13K shy to Boban's 7M trade exception. With the west now, Portland getting swept by N.O. & Lilliad's supposed stance, it'd be worth a call. Plus, given the cap rise following the 2019/2020 season, Lilliard may not want to resign with Portland. He'd leave a ton of money on the table, but, who knows.
    Last edited by markbutter; 07-05-2018 at 12:02 PM.

  10. #1465
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,062
    So:

    Tobias Harris turns down 4 year / 80M. Makes sense as next season the cap is to go up a bit and he'd be eligible to sign 5 year/155M (heard that on Sirius NBA channel). Or something similar. He won't get it, but nonetheless, let's say he signed for 4 years / 100M. 25M annually starting next season.


    Avery just signed for 2 years /25M, with 12 this season and 13M next season. Though he can be waived and get only 2 million if done prior to 7.3.2019.


    Say we had kept those two with resignings: Harris 20M (last year current contract) and Avery 12M this season = 32M. Combined 38M next season (25 + 13). Blake is going to make 32M this season, 34M next season. Important thing to remember is he has 2 more years after next season at 37M & 39M. The make believe Harris contract would be a minimum of 25M for three more years after next season and that assumes a 4 year deal, not 5.


    In hindsight, does anyone change their view that it was a bad trade? I still make the trade we did at the deadline for Blake. If not, what 25M player would you go out and sign next summer (assuming Harris would have stayed with us but for purposes of this discussion we take his 25M for someone else).

    I still make the trade. Make an argument why player X would sign with next summer if we didn't resign Harris at 25M and Player Y for 13M.
    Last edited by markbutter; 07-24-2018 at 09:26 AM.

  11. #1466
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    We could've just kept the pick and drafted Miles Bridges ourselves since he's the next Blake anyway

  12. #1467
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,062
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    We could've just kept the pick and drafted Miles Bridges ourselves since he's the next Blake anyway
    Tough to be Blake at 6'7" 220. He's about 3 inches and 30 pounds short. . .

  13. #1468
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Tough to be Blake at 6'7" 220. He's about 3 inches and 30 pounds short. . .
    9 years younger and rookie contract helps

    maybe he's Draymond with elite athleticism?

    I'm not even a sparty guy lol

  14. #1469
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    To play devil's advocate since it's down time in sports, the argument you make is financial. You make a solid financial point. It's better to have Blake on his deal than what Tobias and Avery would potentially get.

    The devil's advocate part is: We're not gonna win. Not with this roster, not with that roster. If we can't win now, when can we win? Well, the future of course, and what better to build for the future than a lottery pick?

    You like bringing up the financials of how the aging regressing Blake contract looks better than the combination of the Harris/Bradley contracts, but you tend to neglect the lottery pick.

    I'm all for looking at the finances, but I'm also all for wins. We can't win now, but maybe we can win later, and by removing a lotto pick it takes "later" and makes it "even later"


  15. #1470
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,075
    speaking of Blake...

    http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/24/jeff-r...endall-jenner/

    Jeff Ross gonna roast Blake this weekend

    or maybe it's a roast battle, since Blake got jokes too

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •