Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Offseason Ideas

This likely wont happen but... Signing Parra to a 2 year deal then trading him and Bailey to the Dodgers for Paco Rodridguez would just be sick. That totally frees up Chapman to go into the rotation. Aside from letting Arroyo go to get Cingranni into a starting role I would otherwise not touch the pitching staff at all.

Ill have to think about offense and defensive players..

I had a idea for a trade that might work for both teams. Nats and Reds could hook up and make a trade send BP and his contract to the Nats for Span and T-Clippard! Clip is going to make about 6 and span makes about 7 that will off set the money where both teams address needs and keep down the payroll. The Nats have no answer at 2nd. Rendon will move to third Zimmerman to 1st base and BP and 2b. The Reds can move Chapman to the roatation and make Clippard the closer. Span would obviously play CF and give Hamilton time to grow in the minors or move to right. Luddy could be moved in a trade or the 4th outfielder. I don't think it would be needed but I would send a mid level prospect as well to complete the deal. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I had a idea for a trade that might work for both teams. Nats and Reds could hook up and make a trade send BP and his contract to the Nats for Span and T-Clippard! Clip is going to make about 6 and span makes about 7 that will off set the money where both teams address needs and keep down the payroll. The Nats have no answer at 2nd. Rendon will move to third Zimmerman to 1st base and BP and 2b. The Reds can move Chapman to the roatation and make Clippard the closer. Span would obviously play CF and give Hamilton time to grow in the minors or move to right. Luddy could be moved in a trade or the 4th outfielder. I don't think it would be needed but I would send a mid level prospect as well to complete the deal. Thoughts?
    Not a bad idea, but the Reds would probably have to include a top notch prospect to get that done. Possibly even Billy Hamilton who would be seen as Span's replacement in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    No way the Nats would do this trade. The Reds would have to include Hamilton just for some consideration.

I don't know if it would be a upgrade but you think Hanigan is something theyd be interested in. I don't want to give up Hamilton. I'd do about any prospect minus Stephenson and Hamilton. Cingrani in my opinion is not a prospect he might be technically though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234