Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have a feeling that Backstrom wouldn't have gotten the extension if Harding didn't get MS. Unfortunately, it looks like we don't have very much young goalie talent to bring along now that we got rid of Hackett.
    Last edited by natelpete; 10-05-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Gustafsson and Kuemper are nice prospects, but yeah, they can't play now. We had to bring Backstrom back, and a three year contract is about right. One of the two goalies can probably be brought in next year as Backstroms backup, then in year three of Backstrom's contract, get a little bit more playing time, then hopefully be able to take over the following year.

Harding by the way has two more years left on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Gustafsson and Kuemper are nice prospects, but yeah, they can't play now. We had to bring Backstrom back, and a three year contract is about right. One of the two goalies can probably be brought in next year as Backstroms backup, then in year three of Backstrom's contract, get a little bit more playing time, then hopefully be able to take over the following year.

Harding by the way has two more years left on his deal.
    I would be happy if one of those guys could turn in to something but I haven't been impressed with what I've seen out of either so far. Hopefully you're right and one of them can develop by the time Backstrom's contract is done. Maybe that Belanger kid will surprise us.

Fontaine has looked alright tonight, Granlund has looked better than Thursday and Scandella is getting abused out there.

Edit: Nevermind what I said about Granlund, he's still getting taken off the puck rather easily and when he controls it he tries to do too much and loses it (or makes a terrible pass). I know he worked hard this offseason but Zucker can't be any worse than him.
    Last edited by natelpete; 10-05-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Jesus, this conservative strategy is pathetic. We have more than enough talent to win and I can't help but think Mike Yeo is holding the team back. I know we're only two games in so I don't want to overreact, but this is exactly what we saw last year, and it's the reason we can't make it deep in the playoffs. I'm not saying he should be fired, but he needs to start making some major game planning adjustments, or it will be a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Jesus, this conservative strategy is pathetic. We have more than enough talent to win and I can't help but think Mike Yeo is holding the team back. I know we're only two games in so I don't want to overreact, but this is exactly what we saw last year, and it's the reason we can't make it deep in the playoffs. I'm not saying he should be fired, but he needs to start making some major game planning adjustments, or it will be a long year.
    It wasnt conservative play this time. It was Backstrom.

Backstrom gave the other team a point in game one, and he cost us a point in game two. I hope to see Harding next game.

To relate what has happened through 2 games this season to football, Backstrom is Ponder. So much talent around him, and the team outplays the opponent, and all Backstrom has to do is make a play or two for the team to win, but he does not succeed.

We should have 4 points right now, which is the bright side. We have outplayed the opponents in both games, but the downside, is we have only two points.

LA and Anaheim...in foresight, you look at those two teams, and you think that two points would be nice. In hindsight, we should have 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    It wasnt conservative play this time. It was Backstrom.

Backstrom gave the other team a point in game one, and he cost us a point in game two. I hope to see Harding next game.

To relate what has happened through 2 games this season to football, Backstrom is Ponder. So much talent around him, and the team outplays the opponent, and all Backstrom has to do is make a play or two for the team to win, but he does not succeed.

We should have 4 points right now, which is the bright side. We have outplayed the opponents in both games, but the downside, is we have only two points.

LA and Anaheim...in foresight, you look at those two teams, and you think that two points would be nice. In hindsight, we should have 4 points.
    I was watching the Duck's stream and even their announcers were commenting on how conservative our approach was in the third and OT. But you're also right about Backstrom, he hasn't looked good at all so far.

@Nashville tonight 7PM

Just turned on the third period. We look sloppy and slow. Frustrating

This is sad. Same **** as before. Granlund looks terrible and Heatley looks like he's 45. Dump it let them break out, dump it let them break out.

Umm I dont think Granlund looked terrible at all tonight, you said you turned in in the third, he was probably the wild's best player outside of the first line and maybe Nino the entire game. Sold out to save a goal on a block, was creative and created space. He did well, and I also think the first 2 games he has done well...not great but well. He put on about 10 ish (or so they say) lbs this off season and you can tell he is stronger on his skates. Nino needs to be up on that second line and Heatley on the third. Heatley is a ghost and Nino the last two games has been a force. He is still a young small player. Zucker lacked energy and pretty much everything else tonight, he was even replaced on the PP by Fontaine at one point. Ballard had a very well terrible game while Scandella looked much better. Harding was great in relief, didnt see much and most of what he did see was easy but he played well and saved a couple tough one and was in place for Wilson's shot that just missed the net in the third on a desperation save.

To be honest the Wild have looked better their first three games then Detroit has...and now the Wild are 0-1-2 and Detroit is 2-1 so I dont see it being very long till this team turns it around and starts putting up W's.

The Wild pretty much dominated the entire game up to the last 8 mintues btw as well. Our puck possession was fantastic, we out shot them and had a lot more scoring chances. They got 2 PP goals, one of which was unstoppable by any goalie, and Harding had to come in in relief and stop a penalty shot before getting any game time. So all in all while its still a L, the Wild played very well.

Lines going forward really should be
    Parise-Koivu-Pomin
    Nino-Granlund-Zucker/Fontaine
    Cooke-Brodziak-Heatley
    Mitchell-Zenon-Whomever isnt on the second.

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Umm I dont think Granlund looked terrible at all tonight, you said you turned in in the third, he was probably the wild's best player outside of the first line and maybe Nino the entire game. Sold out to save a goal on a block, was creative and created space. He did well, and I also think the first 2 games he has done well...not great but well. He put on about 10 ish (or so they say) lbs this off season and you can tell he is stronger on his skates. Nino needs to be up on that second line and Heatley on the third. Heatley is a ghost and Nino the last two games has been a force. He is still a young small player. Zucker lacked energy and pretty much everything else tonight, he was even replaced on the PP by Fontaine at one point. Ballard had a very well terrible game while Scandella looked much better. Harding was great in relief, didnt see much and most of what he did see was easy but he played well and saved a couple tough one and was in place for Wilson's shot that just missed the net in the third on a desperation save.

To be honest the Wild have looked better their first three games then Detroit has...and now the Wild are 0-1-2 and Detroit is 2-1 so I dont see it being very long till this team turns it around and starts putting up W's.
    Maybe I should have clarified, Granlund looked absolutely terrible with the puck on his stick; he just turns the puck over and falls down. I heard he worked hard this offseason and put on some weight but he still looks like a child out there. Maybe the first two periods were different, but that was a terrible third. You're right about Nino though, from what I saw he looked nice.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    This is sad. Same **** as before. Granlund looks terrible and Heatley looks like he's 45. Dump it let them break out, dump it let them break out.
    Granlund looked nice.

**** Backtrom. I am so ready to move on from that guy, but unfortunately, we signed him to a three year deal.

As pidg said (and man, I have been wondering where you have been, I always love your input), Heatley needs to be moved to the third line. Heatley isnt necessarily bad, but the only asset he has left, is his shot, which is best suited for the third line, where Cooke, and Brodziak's physical play can set his shot up. The second line is full of skill, Heatley kills puck movement and opportunities on that line.

As much as Zucker was praised last year for his hustle and effort, I am so disappointed in his debut this season. Last year he seemed hungry to crack the NHL roster...this year not so much.

The money line has been great the last two games. I was a proponent of splitting the money up between the top two lines, as Koivu, Pom, and Parise are all known for their hard work and leadership, so I want some of the young guys to skate with one of them...but how good that top line has looked the last two games, that thought may be dead. If it did come time to switch it up, I think Koivu on the 2nd, and Coyle on the first would make the most sense...a switch also separates all the youth and inexperience.

So unfortunate Coyle is out. I feel the first game, he was the best forward on the ice, and the 2nd game was looking no different until he went out (okay, Parise was a stud in game two, but Coyle was right behind him).

Two straight great showings from Parise now. We need that consistency from him, Koivu has stepped up as well....I am still waiting to see Pominville step up to all the hype that he has garnered since the trade.

I was a game away from knocking Konopka for always picking fights when our team has possession, at least tonight, that was different.

I have no idea what kind of player Fontaine is. Can someone shed light as to what he is to me?

Wild have been the best team in all three games, yet, no wins...Backstrom!!!!

Also, **** Backstrom. So done with that guy. The difference in all three games has been goaltending. the opponents had a goalie who could steal a win...we have a goalie that costs us wins.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-09-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast