Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 160
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138

    B-Easy heading back to South Beach ?

    Can any of you guys name a player better than Beasley at the minimum salary? We all saw what he could do with the wolves. Put him in Miami, where he enjoyed playing with Wade. I don't think he's done. How can you say that when he's only 24? Doesn't make sense. As for the roster spot, Miami stuck it out with Juwan and Jarvis. I don't think the roster spot is the issue here.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,105
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Neither Juwan nor Jarvis played at all last year and the Heat added Oden. Heat loose nothing because they have already gained defense and rebounding that they didn't have last year. Offensively they were kind of dismal at times when wade and bosh struggled. Would of been nice to have another scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Can any of you guys name a player better than Beasley at the minimum salary? We all saw what he could do with the wolves. Put him in Miami, where he enjoyed playing with Wade. I don't think he's done. How can you say that when he's only 24? Doesn't make sense. As for the roster spot, Miami stuck it out with Juwan and Jarvis. I don't think the roster spot is the issue here.
    It'd have to be a non-guaranteed contract for sure if you're going to use your last roster spot on Beasley otherwise you are unable to address issues that might arise with injuries over the year. Additionally, Beasley has not been able to stay out of trouble off of the court. Is it worth the bad press and potentially distracting other players for what Beasley brings?

    Oden is hardly any sort of improvement or solution until he actually shows he can stay healthy 3 years since being on the court. It's also a hard sell to say that the second highest offensive rated team in the league needs more offense.

    Finally, why do you need another SF/small-ball 4 when you have Battier and Jones to go with Lebron and some sort of expectation to play a bit bigger if Oden is healthy i.e. more Bosh at 4 and Lebron at 3? Jones has barely been used the last few years but is a 39.9% 3pt shooter on volume shooting which certainly trumps anything Beasley brings while keeping the ball moving with Lebron and Wade's usage not being cut into.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,630
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    It'd have to be a non-guaranteed contract for sure if you're going to use your last roster spot on Beasley otherwise you are unable to address issues that might arise with injuries over the year. Additionally, Beasley has not been able to stay out of trouble off of the court. Is it worth the bad press and potentially distracting other players for what Beasley brings?

    Oden is hardly any sort of improvement or solution until he actually shows he can stay healthy 3 years since being on the court. It's also a hard sell to say that the second highest offensive rated team in the league needs more offense.

    Finally, why do you need another SF/small-ball 4 when you have Battier and Jones to go with Lebron and some sort of expectation to play a bit bigger if Oden is healthy i.e. more Bosh at 4 and Lebron at 3? Jones has barely been used the last few years but is a 39.9% 3pt shooter on volume shooting which certainly trumps anything Beasley brings while keeping the ball moving with Lebron and Wade's usage not being cut into.
    Beas does everything else better than James Jones. I guess when you start saying James Jones is better than Beas then I see how far apart we are. We will just let time tell. Hopefully he signs with Miami so one of us has a chance to be right.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,630
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many time Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    8,224
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Beas does everything else better than James Jones. I guess when you start saying James Jones is better than Beas then I see how far apart we are. We will just let time tell. Hopefully he signs with Miami so one of us has a chance to be right.
    Beasley isn't good at anything. Why do people make stuff up?

    And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,581
    my opinion - if they use him to spell someone for 4-5 mins at a time it's a good move. if he becomes a bigger part of the team than that it's a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Beas does everything else better than James Jones. I guess when you start saying James Jones is better than Beas then I see how far apart we are. We will just let time tell. Hopefully he signs with Miami so one of us has a chance to be right.
    Beasley isn't good at anything. Why do people make stuff up?

    And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.
    Do you know what a scorer means? A scorer is someone who can put the ball in the basket through multiple wqys. Beasley can do that. Chucker? His only bad season was last year with the phoenix and that was when he was the 2nd option. If he was the 5th option on Miami, you better watch out for him. I think you have been misinformed. A chucker is J.R.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,630
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Beasley isn't good at anything. Why do people make stuff up?

    And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.
    As a rookie he scored more efficiently than Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady ever have in there entire careers. You need to stop making up stuff.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,035
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops:27016713
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Beasley isn't good at anything. Why do people make stuff up?

    And what is this word "scorer"? Beasley is not a scorer. He is a chucker. Scorers put the ball through the basket efficiently. Any 3 in the NBA can score given enough shots. Just Bc a guy scores by taking a bunch of shots does not make them a scorer, it makes them bad for their team.
    As a rookie he scored more efficiently than Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady ever have in there entire careers. You need to stop making up stuff.
    Its more likely you don't know much about efficiency, especially if youre relying on plain ol fg%

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,540
    LoL at folk who thinks a 24 year old person that smoke weed lost their skills. The only way he is done in the NBA is if teams dont want a weed smoker on their staff. Dude been smoking weed before he hit foot the NBA. He just need to figure out how to be a saint. Cause the Law will let a Killer provoke shoot and Kill a human become a Hero but lock a man up for 3 joints and label him the scum of the earth. Some law we got. Is weed still illegal and while alcohol and cigars remain a social substance.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-08-2013 at 11:41 PM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its more likely you don't know much about efficiency, especially if youre relying on plain ol fg%
    Your right, Im fine with saying that Beas shot a better fg% as a RC than Kobe and Mcgrady ever have in there life. The fact that the stat changed doesn't make it any less remarkable.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,035
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops:27017555
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its more likely you don't know much about efficiency, especially if youre relying on plain ol fg%
    Your right, Im fine with saying that Beas shot a better fg% as a RC than Kobe and Mcgrady ever have in there life. The fact that the stat changed doesn't make it any less remarkable.
    Actually it makes it exponentially less remarkable. Why would anyone care about fg% in place of efficiency?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg:27017302
    LoL at folk who thinks a 24 year old person that smoke weed lost their skills. The only way he is done in the NBA is if teams dont want a weed smoker on their staff. Dude been smoking weed before he hit foot the NBA. He just need to figure out how to be a saint. Case the Law will let a Killer stand his ground to become a Hero but lock a man up for 3 joints and lable him the scum of the earth. Some law we got.
    Laws are a changing

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,540
    Beasley is not as bad as he is being lable his crimes are very minor. Point is he can ball. If he goes to the heat he will increase their talent level. They will not sign Beasley and all of a sudden they suck. That makes 0 sense. When this dude got his game face on he can ball with the best of them.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-08-2013 at 11:53 PM.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    I don't like Beasley. But this is a low risk deal, they don't need him and they don't really lose anything by taking him on. If it works out and Lebron and co can keep him level headed, it could be very beneficial.
    I think you are or were an A student.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •