Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Week 1! How are you watching?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drunk

11 39.29%
  • Surrounded by screaming lunatics in my family room

7 25.00%
  • Jetlife Stadium while trying to figure out how to do a Jets Chant

4 14.29%
  • Not watching because I don't want to see Revis in another uniform 7000 different times

1 3.57%
  • We already won. No point of watching.

5 17.86%
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    The Bucs will be without Carl Nicks at LG. They have a nice OLine but will miss him, especially in the running game. Leonard Johnson starts at CB opposite Revis. I expect the Jets to test Revis a little bit as he may have been rushing this rehab. Turn Holmes loose a bit on him and see what he has but throw safe passes only. Mostly though, they will attack Johnson who will get safety help and Kerley will draw banks and abuse the rookie as most vets can't handle him.

Luke Stocker doesn't scare anyone at TE and our man pressure will be sticky on Vincent Jackson with Mike Williams drawing Milliner. With the middle not commanding attention with TE's, the safeties can afford to help Milliner if needed. Can the Jets slow down Davd Wilson? That's a key.

We'll see the league's #1 rushing defense and see how good they are with the Jets looking to establish the run. Teams didn't choose to run since passing was so easy. How good is that run defense? We will see.
    Pretty sure you mean Doug Martin not David Wilson.

Cool fact -

Mark Sanchez averaged an interception every 30 throws at USC, while Geno Smith averaged an interception every 69 throws at WVU. Some of you expect nothing from this kid because of his poor showing against the Giants, but ALL WE NEED HIM TO DO IS BE AVERAGE. If Geno is a middle of the pack quarterback we are a playoff team this year, book it.

We have something that we have never had before - a smart offensive coordinator in Marty M, a top 10 offense maker in Philly to compliment our top 10 defense. If the players produce, we are a playoff team.

Geno played in an Air Raid offense, so any QB with NFL talent (Sanchez/Geno) would have a lower INT% in that offense most likely.

As for this game, I am surprisingly confident. But that's because I have a lot of faith in Geno. This is a game where he is going to have to throw a lot of passes. We simply don't have a consistent running back that can go up against Tampa Bay's line (Which was the best line against the run in the league last year). Underwhelming against the pass though, which is why Geno will have to have a good game for the Jets to have a chance at winning. Also the Jets know better than any other team in the league, AVOID Darrelle Revis!!!

If the Jets could go this whole game without throwing at Revis more than 3 times, it will be a successful gameplan.

our man pressure will be sticky on Vincent Jackson with Mike Williams drawing Milliner.
    Can the Jets slow down Davd Wilson? That's a key.
    If Geno is a middle of the pack quarterback we are a playoff team this year, book it.
    We have something that we have never had before - a smart offensive coordinator in Marty M, a top 10 offense maker in Philly to compliment our top 10 defense. If the players produce, we are a playoff team.
    haha delusional
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Great insight...thanks for sharing.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

haha delusional
    Explain...

Given that he chose to point out some of the more reasonable points made I doubt you get a great explanation above piss and vigor.

Explain...
    Your man coverage on Vincent Jackson will be sticky....lol ok cuz it's just that easy

Doug Martin not David Wilson...you guys don't even know who our TOP 5 RB is

If Geno is middle of the pack you're a playoff team....If every team besides the Jets lost their starting QB for the entire year, you still wouldn't make the playoffs. This is a team with Top 5 pick written all over it.

Apparently you have a Top 10 offense to go with your top 10 defense.....more like 30th offense with your very average defense.

Basically you guys are fighting for Jadeveon Clowney. You traded for the Saints 4th RB and before ever seeing him on the field gave him a contract and starting job. LOL Geno only one the job because Sachez is hurt/completely incapable. He's not ready. He's surely not ready for Darrelle Revis, Dashon Goldson, Mark Barron, Lavonte David, Gerald McCoy and Adrian Clayborn. In terms of talent and skill positions on offense the Jets have the worst, by far. Most players on the Jets O wouldn't even start on other teams.

I don't if you guys all got wrapped up in start of the season hope, and I hate to bring you guys back to reality. You know the Jets are a mess and a bad team. We are a borderline team with elite talent and key positions on both sides of the ball. EASY BUCS WIN
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Your man coverage on Vincent Jackson will be sticky....lol ok cuz it's just that easy

If Geno is middle of the pack you're a playoff team....If every team besides the Jets lost their starting QB for the entire year, you still wouldn't make the playoffs. This is a team with Top 5 pick written all over it.

Apparently you have a Top 10 offense to go with your top 10 defense.....more like 30th offense with your very average defense.

Basically you guys are fighting for Jadeveon Clowney. You traded for the Saints 4th RB and before ever seeing him on the field gave him a contract and starting job. LOL Geno only one the job because Sachez is hurt/completely incapable. He's not ready. He's surely not ready for Darrelle Revis, Dashon Goldson, Mark Barron, Lavonte David, Gerald McCoy and Adrian Clayborn. In terms of talent and skill positions on offense the Jets have the worst, by far. Most players on the Jets O wouldn't even start on other teams.

I don't if you guys all got wrapped up in start of the season hope, and I hate to bring you guys back to reality. You know the Jets are a mess and a bad team. We are a borderline team with elite talent and key positions on both sides of the ball. EASY BUCS WIN
    Thanks for the delusional explanation.
    I don't know how you will be able to explain a Bucs loss to such a lowly, pathetic team as the Jets.
    I would axe how /why you see the Jets having not improved from last year's team but that would be axing too much. Granted, we lost Revis who didn't play all last season and replaced him with Milliner while keeping Cromartie - that position is improved. DLine improved with the addition of Sheldon Richardson. LB improved with the replacement of Davis for Scott. Holmes was out all last year - he returns with Hill in his 2nd year who missed nearly all of his rookie season - improved position. TE - we return Cumberland and replace Keller with Winslow. Keller also missed most of last season. That position is deeper and improved. Our OG's are improved with Ducasse winning his job alongside Colon - position improved. RB's are far deeper with the addition of Ivory. And don't try to tell me he's untested. He was their #1 guy last year. That's a seriously delusional statement from you. RB position improved with the replacement of Shonn Green. QB - did you see the success the rookies had last year? To state that Geno CAN'T succeed would be naive. And our OC has finished in the top 10 every year he has coached. That's an improvement over Sparano.
    But you can choose to ignore any or all of this and harp along with the mindless, unjustified rhetoric streaming from the media. If you do, please place your money at Vegas.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 09-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Well for one, Cromartie IS one of the best corners in the league. I don't think V-Jax will do much against him, he surely won't dominate.

He made a simple mistake, but the point is still clear. If we contain DOUG MARTIN, we have a good chance of winning. Lets not forget that the Buccs QB situation isn't the greatest either... On terms of talent, Geno is right up there with Freeman

Lets not forget now that this is still the Jets team that made two straight AFC Championship games, in which many people said that if we had just an AVERAGE QB (Over Sanchez), we may have won a superbowl or two. So I think it's fair to say that if Geno is a middle of the pack QB, that along with our top10 defense, is possible for a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

Considering Clowney is the consensus #1 draft pick this year, it's kind of laughable to think the Jets would be in the race for him. You bucs fans are cute, you would think we're playing a team that actually made the playoffs last year.... The way I look at it: You guys are in the same boat as the Jets, now that you guys have a little bit of talent..... you guys get SO cocky! Good luck this week, and I'll surely be back when the JETS dont make this an EASY BUCS WIN!

Let the buc fan talk, everyone writes off the jets. To be honest I wouldn't have it any other way, love the underdog role.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

The bucs secondary is scary good, geno will have to play mistake free for us to win.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Don't get me wrong, the Bucs have two players that none of our players can touch. And that is V-Jax and Doug Martin. Those guys are very talented and have the ability to dominate a game from their positions.

But, Vincent Jax isn't going anywhere this game. Cromartie showed he can be that no. 1 corner and shut dudes down. Though he did give up a couple of bad touchdowns last season. I more worried about MIke Williams against the rook. But we also have Josh Freeman in our favor. Kid has gotten worse and worse each season. He's going to fold under the pressure this season and continue the downward spiral he's already in. Plus their line has gotten worse especially if Carl Nicks can't play. Even if he can will he be 100%?

The main guy we have to key on is Martin. He's explosive and can score from anywhere on the field. If we do not set the edge against him it's going to be a long day. But if the line can't open wholes for him then that MIGHT help. But he has the talent to still get the job done.

I don't think the Jets will be nearly as bad as some think. The offense will be improved. How much? I'm not sure. But last season was historically bad. We had an OC that never coordinated anything in his life. He didn't have experience with installing plays and teaching the playbook to his players. The offense looked out of sync and disorganized all year long.

This preseason you can already tell Marty has these guys way ahead of where they were last season. The players at least seemed to know the game plan and where they are supposed to be/going on every play. Last season it was a struggle to get a first down and we didn't even score a TD until the last preseason games with our backups. This preseason has been has been a different story. They have shown, whether starters or backups, to move the chains and put some points on the board. It doesn't mean much in the big picture but at least there are encouraging signs.

And our defense is younger and faster but lost a lot of experience due the the roster moves. But it's still a Rex Ryan coached unit and will play pretty well I think and will probably keep us in games. I'm a little concered about our secondary. Is Milliner ready to step up? I'm not in love with our safeties. Landry is decent. Allen and Jarrett haven't grabbed hold of the other spot. Hopefully Kyle can go there and become that ball hawking FS type we all have been dying for.

It should be a good game and fairly unpredictable. We have know idea how Geno will fair or which Freeman shows up. So any fan of either team talking **** and bragging before game should probably hold off.

Follow me on Twitter @The3rdFerd

Nicks is out for game 1.

Nicks is out for game 1.
    See. Freeman's already in trouble.

Follow me on Twitter @The3rdFerd

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast