Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Overrated or Underrated?

I am going to list some players who had great sucess on great teams, who get varied degrees of credit for their role. All you have to do is tell me if they are a product of their team, or more essential than some think. Basically, over or under rated.

Joe Dumars
    Manu Ginobli
    James Worthy
    Chris Bosh
    Robert Parish
    Lamar Odom
    Horace Grant
    Rip Hamilton

Joe Dumars- underrated
    Manu Ginobli- rated just fine
    James Worthy- rated just fine
    Chris Bosh- underrated
    Robert Parish- overrated
    Lamar Odom- rated just fine
    Horace Grant- UNDERRATED
    Rip Hamilton- overrated

Those are my picks

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The only one I'm really passionate about would be Grant. He's overlooked all the time, but was such an amazingly solid player. Never scored a ton, but he did everything else so well. A perfect 3rd or 4th best guy on a team.

I struggle with overrated/underrated talk.

Throw Zeke or Bill Russell up on that list and I'll hurl an overrated at you though.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    The only one I'm really passionate about would be Grant. He's overlooked all the time, but was such an amazingly solid player. Never scored a ton, but he did everything else so well. A perfect 3rd or 4th best guy on a team.

I struggle with overrated/underrated talk.

Throw Zeke or Bill Russell up on that list and I'll hurl an overrated at you though.
    for sure, if only because their public perception is just way too high imo as well.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    I am going to list some players who had great sucess on great teams, who get varied degrees of credit for their role. All you have to do is tell me if they are a product of their team, or more essential than some think. Basically, over or under rated.

Joe Dumars
    Manu Ginobli
    James Worthy
    Chris Bosh
    Robert Parish
    Lamar Odom
    Horace Grant
    Rip Hamilton
    Blue = Underrated

Red = Overrated

Worthy was the ultimate right place/right time guy, and I feel like sometimes he's looked at as a guy who was better than say Paul Pierce, when all things being equal I couldn't disagree more. A big game here and there when it counted does matter, I mean look at the point goose-egg Bosh puts up in the last game we all watched. But he still goes heavily overlooked as an elite PF talent now that he's joined up and lost on significant box-score #'s. Odom's another one - that guy was an integral cog to the Lakers previous run and they wouldn't have gotten there without him. Pau is overlooked, but Odom even more so. Grant was touched on, but that's another similar situation.

Joe Dumars-underrated
    Manu Ginobli
    James Worthy-overrated
    Chris Bosh-underrated
    Robert Parish-overrated
    Lamar Odom-underrated
    Horace Grant-depends on who you ask,i have seen posters severly overrate him,i've seen some severaly underrate him to an equal degree
    Rip Hamilton-underrated
    Last edited by abe_froman; 08-14-2013 at 04:52 PM.

dumars- under
    manu- just fine
    worthy- over
    bosh- under
    parish- just fine
    mchale- UNDER. just wanted to add this
    odom- just fine
    grant- under
    hamilton- just fine
    gasol- over rated

Joe Dumars - rated fairly
    Manu Ginobli - rated fairly, as years pass I'd say it leans on slightly underrated
    James Worthy - overrated
    Chris Bosh - Underrated
    Robert Parish - Underrated
    Lamar Odom - Overrated in general, underrated for his role on those 2 titles
    Horace Grant - Definitely underrated, one of the best complimentary players ever imo.
    Rip Hamilton - Overrated

if someone is being labeled underrated for multiple times, does it mean hes overrated at the end?

Example: Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    if someone is being labeled underrated for multiple times, does it mean hes overrated at the end?

Example: Bosh
    Exactly the whole underrated overrated stuff is ********, Chris Bosh was labeled as the most overrated player in the league when he was on Toronto now on the Heat everybody has him underrated....

Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Exactly the whole underrated overrated stuff is ********, Chris Bosh was labeled as the most overrated player in the league when he was on Toronto now on the Heat everybody has him underrated....
    Yeah because in Toronto people were viewing him as a franchise player, which he's not.
    In Miami on the other hand everyone looks at Lebron and Wade, forgetting exactly what this guy brings for them on a team stripped of any significant inside presence.

None of them have anything on Goran Dragic.

Underrated
    Manu Ginobli
    Horace Grant
    Lamar Odom
    Chris Bosh

Overrated
    Joe Dumars
    James Worthy
    Robert Parish
    Rip Hamilton

I don’t think James Worthy is overrated. In Game 7 of the 1988 Finals he had 36pts 16rebs 10ast on 68% shooting…he won finals MVP…honestly outside of KD and Lebron I don’t know how many players do that today