Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

TIL: Big Ben only player in NBA history with more blks > PF & stls > TO

I was always a big Ben Wallace fan, but I never realized he had accomplished this, and I saw this posted on Reddit the other day.

Wallace retired with more blocks than personal fouls AND more steals than turnovers!

The fact that, as shot blocker, he didn't rack up a lot of fouls is incredible. A lot of shot blockers get 2 fouls for ever block (or more) and as for turnovers, big men are not known for taking care of the ball (I guess it helps that they never really gave Ben the ball on offense lol).

Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I was always a big Ben Wallace fan, but I never realized he had accomplished this, and I saw this posted on Reddit the other day.

Wallace retired with more blocks than personal fouls AND more steals than turnovers!

The fact that, as shot blocker, he didn't rack up a lot of fouls is incredible. A lot of shot blockers get 2 fouls for ever block (or more) and as for turnovers, big men are not known for taking care of the ball (I guess it helps that they never really gave Ben the ball on offense lol).

Thoughts?
    mmm you sure?

hasnt manute bol or Mark Eaton done so?
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    mmm you sure?

hasnt manute bol or Mark Eaton done so?
    Manute Bol had more blocks than fouls (2086-1457), but not more steals than turnovers (126-451)

Mark Eaton had more blocks than fouls (3061-2955), but not more steals than turnovers (368-1293)

The steals to turnover part is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

Thoughts?
    Amazing. If only he had an offensive game to go with his killer defense. 6ppg career average is god awful.

Big Ben, he was such a joy to watch, blocks flying everywhere with that man around.

TIL: Big Ben only player in NBA history with more blks > PF & stls > TO

He was so fun to watch on that end of the floor. Absolutely dominant and at only 6'9

one of my fav players. undrafted aswell....

I miss the characters we had in the early 2k era. Fear the fro and all. I miss Starbury too

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Manute Bol had more blocks than fouls (2086-1457), but not more steals than turnovers (126-451)

Mark Eaton had more blocks than fouls (3061-2955), but not more steals than turnovers (368-1293)

The steals to turnover part is the difference.
    Now i remember the thing with Bol is he had more blocks than points.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I miss the characters we had in the early 2k era. Fear the fro and all. I miss Starbury too
    you know I don't

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Ahh the old 2K era

He was a force in Detroit.

Underrated. Hed be the best center today if he played. I always thought he was the most intimidating interior defender in his prime.

Really miss early 2k players. Its not nostalgia or generation bias to say the players that came in then were A LOT more talented then the young gunz today. Its because the expectations were to replace the 90s and MJ void. The fact you still see half the early 2k players still playing and starting today just proves how good they were..you won't see guys like griffin having a16 year career while still playing a good role

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Now i remember the thing with Bol is he had more blocks than points.
    That he did lol
    Last edited by kdspurman; 08-02-2013 at 02:36 PM.

I don't see attachment to players nowadays either. You still see tons of Iverson, Kobe, tmac, Vince, shaq, ray, etc fans today no matter their role.

I think the personalities were just so good in that era. Kids nowadays just seem kinda awkward and won't still be getting all star votes as soon as they decline like many old vets do now days. If shaq came back and played 1 min a game he'd still get votes. I miss Yao a lot too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast