Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I still think a healthy and whole Bulls team w/ Rose is at least the second best team in the East, but I gotta see how Brooklyn plays first. Still too many questions about them that need to be answered.

PP and KG were 1 and 2 in Boston. They are 4 and 5 options in Brooklyn. That's a huge upgrade for the Nets. This is nothing like adding KG and Ray to the 2007-2008 lone-star PP Celtics. This is like adding Ginobili and Duncan to Durant, Wesbrook, Ibaka. They have to do less, with less pressure, but they're still mightily skilled and just so experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    They had a great offseason. Must be nice for the fans to have a multibillionaire Russian who doesn't care about spending whatsoever. Still find the Kirilenko deal a bit "Odd". Anyways, while they are built for the playoffs, and I expect a deep run, I wouldn't call them favorites, though It's clearly a four team race with Miami, Chicago, and Indiana all vying for a trip to the Finals.
    Nets deserve Proky after years of Ratner

Quote Originally Posted by DitchDat View Post
    PP and KG were 1 and 2 in Boston. They are 4 and 5 options in Brooklyn. That's a huge upgrade for the Nets. This is nothing like adding KG and Ray to the 2007-2008 lone-star PP Celtics. This is like adding Ginobili and Duncan to Durant, Wesbrook, Ibaka. They have to do less, with less pressure, but they're still mightily skilled and just so experienced.
    lmao wut

not only are they not the favorites, but i see them as the 4th best team in the east alone behind heat, bulls, pacers...

on paper they are contenders. But we need to see them play first, and see if that roster holds up health wise. I still don't think they can beat Miami, or OKC for instance though, in a 7 game series.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

this is one of the worst posts i've ever seen lol, dude look at what you just typed and think for a second.

On paper they are anyone who denies it is delusional... That team is stacked the nets and clippers are the on paper champions

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

My only concern would be the ability of the Nets to play at Miami's pace. You think Lopez, Garnett, Pierce, etc. all can run the floor for 40+ minutes a game? Not a chance. Joe Johnson is the Nets' second youngest star at 32 years old. Terry is 35, Pierce is 35, and KG is 37. I'm just skeptical of them playing at Miami's pace for a 7 game series is all. They'll be legit, and maybe even the 2 seed in the East if they mesh well. It's obvious that making Miami a half-court team is the way to beat them, but I can't see the Nets taking 4 of 7 against the Heat right now.

We'll see how the season plays out, but right now Miami also clearly has the advantage in bench play. I'm not sure who Brooklyn can bring in to play good minutes against a Miami team besides Terry, and maybe Kirilenko. Blatche had a great year, but could be hit or miss. That could be the difference. I think Brooklyn is right there with the Indiana and Chicago group right under Miami, though.
    Last edited by Yanks All Day; 07-19-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Miami can't guard Lopez and Garnett, and pierce plays his best against the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    My only concern would be the ability of the Nets to play at Miami's pace. You think Lopez, Garnett, Pierce, etc. all can run the floor for 40+ minutes a game? Not a chance. They'll be legit, and maybe even the 2 seed in the East if they mesh well. It's obvious that making Miami a half-court team is the way to beat them, but I can't see the Nets taking 4 of 7 against the Heat right now. We'll see how the season plays out, but right now Miami also clearly has the advantage in bench play. I'm not sure who Brooklyn can bring in to play good minutes against a Miami team besides Terry. That could be the difference. I think Brooklyn is right there with the Indiana and Chicago group right under Miami, though.
    they do have ak47 off the bench as well.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    no because theres that team called the heat. they arent too bad
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Not favorites, but I do think they could very well be somewhat legit contenders. Gotta see them play first.
    Well as a Nets fan I actually think we match-up better against the Heat than the Pacers.

East as of right now:
    Heat
    Pacers/Nets
    Nets/Pacers
    Bulls
    Knicks

When you have each starter ranked in the top 5 at their position, its hard not to think so. But the reality is the Heat are the heavy favorites to win it all, but its not going to get any easier for them. They could be looking at 7-game series' starting in the second round next season.

Soooooooooo........
    D Williams = Westbrook....ok I guess
    B Lopez = Ibaka....... ok I guess
    K Durant = Joe Marcus Johnson born 06-29-81.... FOH, trip yourself

They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast