Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 199
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan222 View Post
    really? so what criteria should be set for someone to be considered a top 3 player in the league?
    I dont know man, we all have our ways. All I know is that you're being extreme when you speak in absolute truths devoid of context. You can be the best player in the league and miss out on the playoffs, much less advance past the first round "regardless of teammates".

    i understand a top 3 player can not win a championship himself, but geez, how about getting past the freaking 1st round on a consistent basis?
    You need to understand the above fact. You can be the best player in the game and miss the playoffs. Much less out of R.1.

    you are supposed to elevate your team if you are a top player in the league, and i am sure the clippers with the team they have now minus chris paul, can get eliminated in the 1st round just like they do with him.
    Sounds like you dont follow us much. Clips dont make the playoffs without CP3, IIRC since he became a Clipper the raw dropoff in team efficiency without him has been higher than any other playoff team minus their best player. So hes more than elevated the squad, how else do you explain such a dropoff?

    Context matters, CP3 led his teams offense to perfection against a superb defensive team, its not his job to anchor the paint (Which is why LA lost) nor can he magically cure his injured teammates ailments. Durant didn't do any better of a job vs the same team that CP3 lost to. Isn't Durant the 2nd best player in the league? Why expect more from CP3 than a superior player?


    stop making excuses for him.
    Why? When the alternative is blind ignorance, Ill take context aka excuses any day of the week.

    he is very limited, he does not have size, does not have explosiveness, these things hold him back from being a top 3 player in the game, and its not that the clippers dont have enough talent, because you can make the argument that they are one of the more well balanced teams in the nba, but chris paul needs another top 10 player in the nba to play along side him to win a title, because he can not be the number 1 guy on a championship team.
    You have said absolutely nothing to back any of these assertions. Go ahead and argue whatever you wish, lets stick to FACTS this time tho.

    lets see if he proves me wrong this year, doubt he will.
    CP3 doesn't need to, I can handle your argument on my own.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I dont know man, we all have our ways. All I know is that you're being extreme when you speak in absolute truths devoid of context. You can be the best player in the league and miss out on the playoffs, much less advance past the first round "regardless of teammates".


    You need to understand the above fact. You can be the best player in the game and miss the playoffs. Much less out of R.1.


    Sounds like you dont follow us much. Clips dont make the playoffs without CP3, IIRC since he became a Clipper the raw dropoff in team efficiency without him has been higher than any other playoff team minus their best player. So hes more than elevated the squad, how else do you explain such a dropoff?

    Context matters, CP3 led his teams offense to perfection against a superb defensive team, its not his job to anchor the paint (Which is why LA lost) nor can he magically cure his injured teammates ailments. Durant didn't do any better of a job vs the same team that CP3 lost to. Isn't Durant the 2nd best player in the league? Why expect more from CP3 than a superior player?



    Why? When the alternative is blind ignorance, Ill take context aka excuses any day of the week.


    You have said absolutely nothing to back any of these assertions. Go ahead and argue whatever you wish, lets stick to FACTS this time tho.

    CP3 doesn't need to, I can handle your argument on my own.
    im sorry, but in the nba, that is not true.

    in the nfl, yes you can have a great qb is a top guy in the game, or a top rb like peterson for example, who can only do so much.

    in the nba, u play both sides of the ball, and u can have the ball in ur hands during each and every possession.

    there is a lot more freedom in the nba to take control of a game than in any other sport out of all the other major sports.

    in the nfl, the qb can only pass the ball, he can not catch it, he can not block for himself, and he can not play defense.

    in the mlb, the best player in the game can only bat 1 out of every 9 times, meaning he can only control what he does, he can not hit for others and make sure that others get on base for him.

    in the nhl, the best player, as does everyone, plays in shifts, and with the speed of hockey, a guy although technically he can, its not realistic for a guy to have the puck on his stick the whole time and just skate. im sure u know what i mean if u watch hockey.

    in the nba, a guy like chris paul touches the ball every single time he is on the court. how often do top players in the nba either continuously miss out on the playoffs, and when they do get eliminated in the 1st round?

    i understand he can not win a title by himself, and no one is asking him to, but when ur a top 3 player ( i dont think he is but way to many people do ) you must take control of the game and be more aggressive, and do more.

    dirk nowitzki just a couple of years ago beat the big 3 in the finals. he did not have any ''superstars'' by his side. he was the only legit offensive weapon on that team for the playoffs.

    yes kidd was solid, but he was not jason kidd from his prime by any means, tyson chandler was a great defender but hes not scorer, terry was good, but in this situation you had a superstar player who stepped up through the entire playoffs and carried his team all the way to a title, with less talent than chris paul has around him, but the difference is nowitzki stepped his play up and made the plays while chris paul has not so far.

    you do not need an all star team to win a title, let alone get past the 1st round. truth is i should not be talking title for paul until he gets past the 1st round on a consistent basis.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    66,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Cano View Post
    I don't care what you say.

    The Clippers have surrounded him with an immense amount of talent. Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, Crawford, role players such as Ryan Gomes.

    CP3 can't do it when it matters. He let his home town lose by 50 in a playoff game, are you ****ing kidding me. He is a average point guard with great players around him to make his stats look nice.

    If I was starting a team and could have any PG in the league, I would take
    - Westbrook
    - Rose
    - Parker
    - Rondo
    - Williams
    - Irving

    All over CP3.
    Come on now. How can you justify this?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    18,951
    So the OP has listed Gomes and Gordon as great player CP3 has played with. Where does that rank as far as bad posters? Bottom 1%?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    He's a troll. PSD needs to close this thread.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan222 View Post
    im sorry, but in the nba, that is not true.

    in the nfl, yes you can have a great qb is a top guy in the game, or a top rb like peterson for example, who can only do so much.

    in the nba, u play both sides of the ball, and u can have the ball in ur hands during each and every possession.

    there is a lot more freedom in the nba to take control of a game than in any other sport out of all the other major sports.

    in the nfl, the qb can only pass the ball, he can not catch it, he can not block for himself, and he can not play defense.

    in the mlb, the best player in the game can only bat 1 out of every 9 times, meaning he can only control what he does, he can not hit for others and make sure that others get on base for him.

    in the nhl, the best player, as does everyone, plays in shifts, and with the speed of hockey, a guy although technically he can, its not realistic for a guy to have the puck on his stick the whole time and just skate. im sure u know what i mean if u watch hockey.

    in the nba, a guy like chris paul touches the ball every single time he is on the court. how often do top players in the nba either continuously miss out on the playoffs, and when they do get eliminated in the 1st round?
    You said alot about nothing. Yes its true in the NBA. You can be the best and miss out on the playoffs, as many greats have done. Kareem and Wilt can tell you all about it. LOL why speak out of your ***?

    A guy like KG was FAR more dominant than CP3 ever was, and even he missed the playoffs. So WTF are you talking about? Do you really want me to rundown a list of Top-3 or Top-5 players to have missed the playoffs?

    i understand he can not win a title by himself, and no one is asking him to, but when ur a top 3 payer ( i dont think he is but way to many people do ) you must take control of the game and be more aggressive, and do more.
    False, you simply have to hold your end of the bargain, he led an elite offense yadda yadda yadda refer to my last post.

    dirk nowitzki just a couple of years ago beat the big 3 in the finals. he did not have any ''superstars'' by his side. he was the only legit offensive weapon on that team for the playoffs.

    yes kidd was solid, but he was not jason kidd from his prime by any means, tyson chandler was a great defender but hes not scorer, terry was good, but in this situation you had a superstar player who stepped up through the entire playoffs and carried his team all the way to a title, with less talent than chris paul has around him, but the difference is nowitzki stepped his play up and made the plays while chris paul has not so far.
    I dont believe a word you said. Dirk has played better in defeat than he did in success that year. His help showed up and I dont see why you are downplaying Chandlers defense when that ingredient was exactly what was missing from Dirk's championship equation, lest we forget his struggles against inferior teams before.


    you do not need an all star team to win a title, let alone get past the 1st round. truth is i should not be talking title for paul until he gets past the 1st round on a consistent basis.
    Cool story bro but you have convinced me you dont know much about NBA history so why should anyone abide by your rules?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You said alot about nothing. Yes its true in the NBA. You can be the best and miss out on the playoffs, as many greats have done. Kareem and Wilt can tell you all about it. LOL why speak out of your ***?

    A guy like KG was FAR more dominant than CP3 ever was, and even he missed the playoffs. So WTF are you talking about? Do you really want me to rundown a list of Top-3 or Top-5 players to have missed the playoffs?


    False, you simply have to hold your end of the bargain, he led an elite offense yadda yadda yadda refer to my last post.


    I dont believe a word you said. Dirk has played better in defeat than he did in success that year. His help showed up and I dont see why you are downplaying Chandlers defense when that ingredient was exactly what was missing from Dirk's championship equation, lest we forget his struggles against inferior teams before.



    Cool story bro but you have convinced me you dont know much about NBA history so why should anyone abide by your rules?
    alright whatever you say, just keep making excuses for chris paul time and time again.

    is his team this upcoming season good enough, or you dont want to say anything yet in case his team flops again this season?

    i am just curious if you believe the clippers have a good enough team surrounding him this season?

    and also, i love how you bring up kareem and wilt. ya chris paul is in that category, lol. also, those guys actually have rings, and even when they did not have rings, they were still able to get past the 1st round.

    dont put paul in the same sentence as kareem and wilt, those guys are legends.

    i cant wait for this season so you can say how overrated your clippers are once again.
    Last edited by sportsfan222; 07-20-2013 at 07:55 AM.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    HI
    Posts
    803
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    I am not sure you realize how unimportant he was to that team that won a ring. It would be like saying SCALABRINE, ONE RING BABY. ELITEAS****

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    13,868
    Anyone who is only using the rings argument is totally a tool and doesn't know anything about basketball.

    Efficiency, overall stat accumulation, averages and advanced stats is a huge indicator of the player's performance. Plus their overall basketball skill and abilities - i.e. can they shoot, pass, rebound well? How can you be the best "basketball" player at any position if you don't possess above average skills in terms of basketball? I believe the ring argument should be only used as the last resort b/c rings are the work of the team results overall.

    Anything that deals with team results should be used after personal stats and accolades to determine a player's worth and the "best positional player" or "best player"



  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,742
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Anyone who is only using the rings argument is totally a tool and doesn't know anything about basketball.

    Efficiency, overall stat accumulation, averages and advanced stats is a huge indicator of the player's performance. Plus their overall basketball skill and abilities - i.e. can they shoot, pass, rebound well? How can you be the best "basketball" player at any position if you don't possess above average skills in terms of basketball? I believe the ring argument should be only used as the last resort b/c rings are the work of the team results overall.

    Anything that deals with team results should be used after personal stats and accolades to determine a player's worth and the "best positional player" or "best player"
    That's probably right.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,845
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan222 View Post
    alright whatever you say, just keep making excuses for chris paul time and time again.
    So long as facts trump ignorance, I will always side with valid excuses. You can keep pretending to intimately know a game you have already proven not to tho.

    and also, i love how you bring up kareem and wilt. ya chris paul is in that category, lol.
    LMFAO you're only making my case stronger. If players that are SUPERIOR to CP3 dont abide to your unsubstantiated rules then why should anyone expect it from an inferior player? That they are better players and still missed the playoffs is why your theory was truly LOL worthy.

    also, those guys actually have rings, and even when they did not have rings, they were still able to get past the 1st round.
    You can stop pretending bro, I already know you dont know jack about their careers. How else could you explain the ignorance you spewed?

    dont put paul in the same sentence as kareem and wilt, those guys are legends.
    Follow your own advice, stop expecting something from CP3 that players FAR superior have proven unable to attain.

    i cant wait for this season so you can say how overrated your clippers are once again.
    I really dont know what you are hinting at, so long as you know your rules about stars were BS and that you have learned something about NBA history, Im good.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,428
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan222 View Post
    those guys actually have rings
    Yeah because we all know the best way to judge individual talent is to see how many rings they've got. John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, David Thompson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Webber, Bernard King, Alex English, Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Dave Bing, Steve Nash, Nate Thurmond, Karl Malone, Elgin Baylor.

    What a bunch of scrubs.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    my new sig quote this is gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Yeah because we all know the best way to judge individual talent is to see how many rings they've got. John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Charles Barkley, Tracy McGrady, David Thompson, Dikembe Mutombo, Chris Webber, Bernard King, Alex English, Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Dave Bing, Steve Nash, Nate Thurmond, Karl Malone, Elgin Baylor.

    What a bunch of scrubs.
    who the heck said anything about these guys being scrubs? also, i never said chris paul was a scrub, hes a good player, hes just not a top 3 player in the league. the main point of this argument is that chris paul is not top 3 in the nba like everyone makes him out to be, no one is saying he sucks, or is not a good player.

    its that simple. anyone who actually watches the game of basketball and does not just sit on their computer and look at the boxscore, can clearly see guys like derrick rose, Russel westbrook, are better players than chris paul just to name a few.

    to each his own though.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •