115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nicks

44 38.26%
  • Burger King Knets

71 61.74%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    the knicks is back.

I'm glad both teams are relevant again and I'm looking
    Forward to some competitive basketball this season.

Lets not crown anyone king of NY till April...
    Go knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Right now, I would say Brooklyn has the better team on paper. The only thing that could be bad is the inexperience in the head coach Jason Kidd, as much as he is a hall of fame player, we will see how good of a coach he can be - answering his cell phone during a summer league game is not impressing anyone.
    i'm pretty impressed.
    i can barely hear the other end with bballs dribbling in a gym. throw in sneaker squeaking and a crowd and it's a miracle he can have a cell phone conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    i'm pretty impressed.
    i can barely hear the other end with bballs dribbling in a gym. throw in sneaker squeaking and a crowd and it's a miracle he can have a cell phone conversation.
    I'm pretty sure that call was Billy King telling him about the AK signing.. but that's just speculation. (The signing was confirmed DURING the game).

He was also not even the main coach for that game. Roy Rodgers was coaching.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    both can still easily serve their purpose. pierce can still score and is still fundamentally solid and kg still brings crazy intensity and defence.. Together they bring leadership..
    pierce couldn't hit the side of a barn in the post season.
    we'll see if it's a slump or if his career is done.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm not talking drama with headcases. I'm talking drama that stem from championship expectations with a team that isn't going to be ready for it, a rookie coach who looks baffled on the sidelines during summer league, and an owner who is shelling out historical payroll numbers and is going to expect to be the best team in the NBA this year.

We had one of the best defenses in the playoffs last season and we have defenders all over the court at different positions. You guys have two dudes in your entire rotation who can be considered good defenders, and you don't have any athletes at all on the floor. You are slow at every position (nobody outside of AK has any lateral quickness to defend their position), have a PG who thrives in a full court game and a supporting cast who wants to play half court, and a #1 option who wants to post up and take up all the space DWill needs to thrive. Nobody who has ever played off the ball and everybody who is going to need to learn how to do it.

Its not gonna work for a lot of reasons, you can choose to think it will, I'll be here when it doesn't.
    No just no. Please enlighten me. I can't wait to hear this.

All these great defenders yet last year the Nets (who had a rollercoaster ride on the defensive end had a better opponent points per shot then the Knicks and a better opponent FG%

Nets
    PPS - 1.18
    OFG% - .503

Knicks
    PPS - 1.23
    OFG% - .508

So I think the Nets are better this year on that end so where are all these great defenders you got?

Edit: Not to mention combine that with your poor rebounding.

Here's some defensive win shares from last year
    D-Will - 1.8
    Felton - 1.7

Melo - 2.2
    PP - 3.7

Lopez - 2.6
    Chandler - 2.6

AK - 2.6
    MWP - 2.6

KG - 3.8
    Shump - 1.0 (injured but was 2.5 the year before)

I mean where are all these all world defenders outside of shump who I'll give you?
    Last edited by Rockice_8; 07-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.

lol... got more athletic. by adding who? artest? bargiani?

Quote Originally Posted by skitha67 View Post
    Wow....Don't know why the Knicks are being under estimated...Again....We match up well against Brooklyn, I predicted how we would match well against Miami before last season, and a team like Indiana and Chicago would be the ones to trouble us....Again it sucks to be right...I see Brooklyn in a bad situation. They got older, plain and simple...Knicks got younger and more athletic. Lets not overlook that Tim Hardaway Jr is one of the more NBA ready rookies. Lets not forget a healthy Amare is still very effective scorer even if its only 20 mpg. Meta and Imans perimeter defense is what is gonna advance the Knicks to the Eastern Conference Finals. As far as Barnarani goes he is gonna be an offensive juggernaut. Lets not overlook the fact Andrea has had nagging injuries past 2 seasons. I predict over 15 ppg. This season for Andrea, and possibly comeback player of the year candidate. It will be a 6-7 game series, but I got the knicks taking brooklyn. Miami will fall from either knicks, nets, bulls, or pacers..basically that is the top 5 teams in east next season and everyone else should just pack it in.

Knicks staring five
    Felton PG
    Smith SG
    Melo SF
    Bargs PF
    Chandler C

Amare(6th man)
    Shumpert
    Meta
    Hardaway

1-9 we are deep as hell, just need kenyon and aaron brooks to sign, and we could challenge anybody.

Don't forget our perimeter defense cost us that pacers series, everyone overlooks the fact that signing Metta completely improves that aspect and Shumpert being 100% is gonna help as well.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    We're getting Bargs, who will be a good offensive option.
    No... no... he will NOT be a good offensive option. Novak was a FAR better shooter.... trust me, as a Raptors fan, I promise you, you will be disappointed.

As for Amare... I hope he returns to his glory days... he was a great player to watch... if that happens, NY will be great.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    People are underestimating what Bargs will do for NY.
    Underestimating Bargs? Really? If you were a Toronto fan you would not be saying that. lol
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Amare hurt's the Knicks when he play's. Knicks just don't know how to use him and the players especially melo don't know how to play with him. Bargs is a down grade from Kenyon Martin. MWP can still guard the 4 position at a high level and shoot open 3's. Amare and bargs are going to hurt the team all the way around. Nets are the better team even as high as 2nd in the east .

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    There is so much fail with this post. I love my knicks but im not delusional. I do believe we can take down the nets but it will not be easy.

oh btw shumpert is the starter Jr comes from the bench.
    Jr didn't take a paycut to come off the bench when he can start for 3/4 of NBA teams right now, your insane to think he is coming off the bench. Rumor has it he had a handshake agreement with Woodson to make him a starter or he was bolting. I don't blame him either, that doesn't mean Shumpert won't get his minutes he will obviously get some looks at PG as well, as far being delusional, which part making ECF? Hey we were 2 games short of it, team has improved, and yes Andrea will be effective, is he worth the first round picks, probably not, but he fits perfect on this team as far as his offensive abilities....he is not bad with man defense as a prior poster said, and is right, but I agree his team defense and rebounding is not up to par, but those things can be worked on.

Actually Amare was very effective wHen he was on the floor, his knees hold up Knicks will be dangerous, who says Martin wont comeback, its likely he will. Offensively Bargs is not a downgrade. A huge up grade, Martin was good for defense and lil rebounding, but his offense was nearly non existent.. We lost to Indiana becauSe we didn't have a consistent 2nd option to Melo, the though is Andrea may be that, and don't discount Amare he has lots to prove, and he can still score when he wants...

No healthy Shumpert and adding hardaway who will see mins, this kid is a freak...

Lmao.....Novak is the most one dimensional player I've ever seen, an open three that it...with the exception of Kidds during playoffs I never seen a player so non existent for multiple games at a time than Novak...thank god we unloaded him, I'd take Andrea over Novak any day of the week, Novak never ever came close to averaging 20 a game in his career, but Andrea has....so what is the basis of that remark, he shoots the WIDE open three better....ok but everything else he does blows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Right now the nets. Hopefully the Knicks make a rondo for amare trade.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast