Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I think if the Thunder had any ideals of trading Jackson they would do it this offseason. His value is at the highest it will be. with 2 years at a rookie contract. I agree Buycks need a shot but look at his number last year in France 18pts and less then 3 assist a game while being the league MVP. Dwight has shown the ability to pass the ball and score and i would pick him over Liggins. I think Liggins has a battle on his hands because Orton wants to stay as he is playing very good basketball.

Consider the setting, in summer league you take certain aspects with a grain of salt and others you dont. Summer League is so much different then an actual NBA game because nobody has a scouting report so nobody plays people differently. You couple that with every single person on the floor trying to impress individually and it's a lot of ugly play. The ball get's swung some possessions and towards the end of the clock it comes back to the most talented guy with 10 eyes on him and he has to make a play. Im not totally excusing RJ because i saw at least 2 passes i thought were too aggressive but i also think they are passes he wouldnt try in a regular season game.

Bottom line is this, Jackson and Lamb specifically will be playing with KD and Russ. Those guys attract an extreme amount of attention there for much more space to operate. Im more concern with them playing off of those guys then i am that they play well statistically in a summer league game.

For Lamb it's a lot more simple then people are making it out to be. 1. Hit open shots 2. Compete defensively 3. Adjust to the way your being played and act accordingly. Being a UConn fan i've watched a ton of Lamb, he's just an all around naturally gifted and smart offensively player. He has to just play his game, take the lumps he's gonna take while getting experience and keep playing.

For RJ 1. continue to improve his spot up jumper 2. continue to play his game. In the playoffs in 33 minutes per he averaged 1.9 turnovers per game. Im paying a lot more attention to that then 1 summer league game. He's gonna be really good this season and probably will be the 6th man and counted on to produce more then he has in the past. The playoffs showed he's ready for that i expect him to build on that.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

I'm not as worried about Jackson as much as I am about Lamb. I think the kid is super talented but I just don't think hes ready to be productive with the 2nd unit. He is shooting god awful so far through the first two games (28% fg and 23% from 3). I understand that its summer league and all but taking it into effect with what we saw last year in his limited playing time I just don't think he is even close to being the eighth man in our rotation. Maybe the game winner will raise his confidence and he'll come out and light it up tomorrow but as of right now I think that our bench is in trouble.

FYI Olynyk and Plumlee both have me eating a bunch of crow so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    I'm not as worried about Jackson as much as I am about Lamb. I think the kid is super talented but I just don't think hes ready to be productive with the 2nd unit. He is shooting god awful so far through the first two games (28% fg and 23% from 3). I understand that its summer league and all but taking it into effect with what we saw last year in his limited playing time I just don't think he is even close to being the eighth man in our rotation. Maybe the game winner will raise his confidence and he'll come out and light it up tomorrow but as of right now I think that our bench is in trouble.
    You have to think about it in the right context. People see KMart gone and they wanna know/see Lamb average 15 ppg and be that guy. The Thunder and Lamb need this year for him to get his feet wet. Lamb has gotten more iso's in the first two games of this summer league then he'll have all season with the Thunder lol. I'm not worrying about his percentage in this setting. Hit his open shots, get out in transition(something KMart didnt really do that Lamb will)learn from his mistakes in season, adjust to how he's being played once teams get a scouting report on him. He's gonna have some bad games but i think he's absolutely ready to be the 8th man. We obviously arent adding anybody if they arent veteran min. or close to it so the success of this season imo hinges on getting Lamb and to an extent PJ3 thru the ups and downs of being NBA rotation players so that when the playoffs come they are ready to contribute. I think for those 2 guys specifically once they are able to play regularly the player you see in October will pale in comparison to the guy you see in May.

I do think we need more shooting but i'd feel that way regardless of my confidence in Lamb, we'll find one or two guys to help in that regard eventually once guys are more willing to take vet minimum deals.

The biggest thing is because we dont have the luxury of having a proven double figure scoring on the floor Scotty is gonna have to change the sub pattern. I dont he can go with those all bench stretches, KD or Russ is gonna need to be on the floor with them. Whoever we bring in a shooter, Lamb and Jackson will benefit from that and specifically whatever vet min. shooter we bring in will steal minutes by canning open shots even though the rest of their game might not offer as much.

Orton out of tomorrow's game with a mild concussion.

LJ! I really wish we had taken olynyk or plumlee! both are tearing it up right now! Either of them could have beaten out perkins for starting C before the season. But o well, cant dwell on the past! Just got to focus on what we have now! And from what im seeing, its pretty good!

Everyone who is hating on lamb should just stop, he is missing shots but look what he is doing, he is handling the ball a lot and initiating the offense a lot it seems. When he is on the court with Russ and KD, he will be running off screens and catching and shooting! lot less pressure!

Orton looks great to me! Easily could and should win the back up C role! we'll see though, maybe this will light a fire under thabeet. Adams will have to enjoy the season from Tulsa, cause he has no chance beating out thabeet or orton!

And Buyks looks amazing, sign him for a cheap contract if we can! Love to have him as a 3rd PG or possibly 2 if we end up trading Jackson.

And last but definitely not lease is Jarrett, dude looks beast mode, if he had stayed in college another year, easily could have been a 1st rounder. Hope we keep him on the roster this season.

Basically out of the summer league crew, I see us REALLY keeping Orton, Lamb, PJ3(by default), and Jarrett. Sorry to liggins but no room. I see Roberson and Adams playing in Tulsa most of the year with Roberson coming to the team at some point, possibly if we trade PJ3 (which I think we will if Jarrett plays well consistently). All in all I am very excited for the season!

Roberson is so good.
    after one quarter he has as much rebounds as the entire pistons team.
    including 3 offensive rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC View Post
    Roberson is so good.
    after one quarter he has as much rebounds as the entire pistons team.
    including 3 offensive rebound.
    He's gonna be a good one, finishes very well around the rim with either hand. Once he refines that jumpshot he's gonna be a very valuable 3/4 in our rotation. He's gonna get those 50/50 balls, putbacks, and transition buckets. I cant wait to see a already lethal transition game with Roberson, Lamb and PJ3 in it.

reggie showing heart right now
    love it

Reggie putting on a show

Im on the Bucyks for 3rd pg bandwagon

Orlando summer league record 35 points for Reggie Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Im on the Bucyks for 3rd pg bandwagon
    I'am on that bandwagon too. he was the French League MVP scoring 18 per. He showing he can run the offense and the ability to hit shots. Why go get someone when they arent going to play much. sign Buycks and let him learn from RW and RJ.

Jeremy Lamb!!! cant believe nobody else wrote about his game yet haha. 32 points and incredibly efficient from the field! If we just ask him to catch and shoot, he will be money this year!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast