Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    grant jarret beasting

Grant Jerrett is a beast!!!!! 15 pts (5/7),4 reb, 3 blocks,1 steal

Miles Plumlee looks good for Indiana. Dwight Buycks is earning the 3rd PG roster spot for the Thunder.

buycks out of nowhere seems like a legit nba player

Liggins: 2 pts, 3 board, 3 assists, 1 steal in 21 minutes. Bad game and was overshadowed by all the fresh blood on the roster. Doubtful that we keep his contract unless he improves.
    Jarrett: 17 pts, 4, boards, 3 blocks, 1 steal in 27 minutes. Holy **** we might have gotten a steal here. 4/5 from beyond the arc and held his own defensively. Had 6 fouls but I can handle that coming off the bench.
    Orton: 15 pts, 4 boards, 2 blocks, 2 steals in 19 minutes. Pretty good game for the big guy. Not a great rebounder but had a nice offensive game and decent defender.
    Lamb: 14 pts, 6 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal in 30 minutes. Really disappointed by his game. 5/16 from the field. He better improve or we have to make a move for this season.
    Buycks: 12 pts, 2 boards, 13 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers in 25 minutes. Kids a hidden gem. Ran the offense damn near flawlessly and showed some skills finishing at the rim.
    Adams: 2 pts, 6 boards, 2 blocks, 2 to's in 20 min. He is definately a project player that is a few years away. Showed some nice skills defensively, ran the court well and actually surprised me on his rebounding.
    Roberson: 2 pts, 2 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal in 17 minutes. Really good first half didn't do much in the second. Active perimeter defender that could be Sepoloshas replacement.
    Others: Taylor and Anderson I think will stay in the d league and didn't really see much of them. The Kuric kid showed a nice stroke from beyond the arc finishing 2/3 with 8 points.

Orton is not gonna be easy to cut

Bucyks looks really good, looks like a future 3rd pg for us, maybe even this year

Jerrett can really shoot it, maybe even too good for us to try to cut and get thru waivers to send to Tulsa

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

I cant wait to see Orton vs. Thabeet in training camp, Orton wants to finish everything with a dunk, i really wanna keep this guy around.

Bucyks again looks super solid, has to be pushing for that 3rd point guard job

Oh btw, Tibor Pleiss is on the Thunder bench with a Thunder tee on taking instruction from Mark Bryant with Steven Adams.

Pleiss not gonna play in summer league but he's there to practice with the team

Pleiss has already said that he isn't coming over this year and he has 2 year's on his contract after it.

Lamb!!!! what a shot

Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    Pleiss has already said that he isn't coming over this year and he has 2 year's on his contract after it.
    He does have a buyout in his deal though, good to see he's working this closely with the Thunder. If i had to guess i think he comes over 2015 when Perk is off the books and honestly i think we are gonna need him, hate to be so negative on the guy but in 2 years i dont think Adams is gonna be ready to be our starting center.

Lamb just did Harkless in! lol

Reggie Jackson? What a bust of a game. Seven turnovers in just over 2 quarters. The offense absolutely stunk with him running the team and Dwight Buycks absolutely blew him away. There is no other way to put it, Dwight Buycks, right now, is a better PG than Jackson. As far as I am concerned a PG's sole purpose is to make his team better, Buycks did, Jackson didn't. Just guessing, but in about 2/3 of the playing time, I bet Buycks had 3 times as many assists and that after taking over an offense completely on its heels after a pitiful performance from Reggie.

I am impressed with Grant Jerrett. Period. As far as I am concerned, he is everything promised with PJ3 but was never delivered. It's a shame about that oral infection, I would love to compare them side by side. Jerrett exhibits none of the tentativeness with saw with PJ3. He bangs, he rebounds, he scores AND has better shooting range.

Roberson is beginning to get his feet under him. Has a knack for sniffing out rebounds and man, can this guy jump! That hard foul late on Harkless was.... awesome!

I think we are beginning to see Daniel Orten, now that his knee is 100%, show what he is capable of. If it comes down to a choice between Liggins and Orten, I think it is a no brainer.

Jeremy Lamb? I remember a Summer League not to long ago when a young James Harden couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and he worked out pretty good. I think Lamb showed his youth when he kept forcing up the long shot but that is something that can be easily corrected as we found out with Harden and there is no way to put it other than "clutch" when you consider his last shot. And it wasn't just a catch and shoot, the kid may have found his go-to when the 3 isn't falling. That move was sweet.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

Good points SR, w/Jackson i think he got caught between not wanting to fit in and no step on the other guys toes and playing his type of game. He's at his best when he's aggressive but you gotta think he's been coaching these guys up so to speak then he get's on the floor with them and doesnt wanna dominate the ball/shots, etc. I have no concerns about him whatsoever, i think when the year is finished he'll have ascending to being one of the top backup point guards in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Good points SR, w/Jackson i think he got caught between not wanting to fit in and no step on the other guys toes and playing his type of game. He's at his best when he's aggressive but you gotta think he's been coaching these guys up so to speak then he get's on the floor with them and doesnt wanna dominate the ball/shots, etc. I have no concerns about him whatsoever, i think when the year is finished he'll have ascending to being one of the top backup point guards in basketball.
    I don't know Carey, you would think after 2 years in the league he would be able to take better care of the basketball, especially in the Summer League. Maybe he just doesn't give a **** about this summer league, but that, by itself, is a problem in my book. They may not have any bearing on next years standings, but these games are definitely being played with some guys that he is going to have to lead in the very near future. Now would be an excellent time to earn their respect while they are busting their ***** off trying to make the roster. As far as I'm concerned, today was an excellent opportunity for Jackson to show these young guys how to be a pro and he blew it, big time.

One trip down the floor, in particular, summed it all up for me. Jackson crossed half court and missed throwing the ball away and giving up a runaway dunk for Orlando by an eyelash. Got the ball back and dribbled it off his foot and then laughed it off. I swear, the best thing he did all day was bash heads with Orten and exit stage left.

If he thinks he is a finished product and can just blow off these two games, I'm sorry, he has another thing coming. As far as I can see, Buycks has been the most consistent player in both the first two games. I have to admit, when he took the floor yesterday I thought "oh ****", here goes the Dwight Buyck's show and all he did was shock the hell out of me and almost set the Orlando Summer league record for assists. Something tells me that after last summer he was told if he wanted to have a shot at making our roster he better learn to get his teammates involved more and he came back this year and showed he learned that lesson big time. Brooks claims to be a big supporter of hard work and hustle, I say prove it and give this kid a shot, he's earned it.

I would put Buycks in the same position Jackson was behind Maynor last year and just dare Reggie to throw the ball around like he did today. I am a huge believer in that you play like you practice and if today's performance is any indication, Jackson is trade bait in my book.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast