Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    I have no idea. Religion is like the 700 piece puzzle I once got from my Aunt when I was 12, still in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Just realized that Nate bailed when his own quotes fired against him Typical internet trolling methods of atheists vs agnostics.

Your definition comes from 1. (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) a person who holds that knowledge of a Supreme Being, ultimate cause, etc is impossible.

Mine comes from Huxley himself.

Have a good one.
    Or maybe I just realized the pointlessness of having a conversation with you.

Woot! a religion thread! Finally! and the first person I see in here is natepro. How delightfully ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Woot! a religion thread! Finally! and the first person I see in here is natepro. How delightfully ironic.
    Start at the first page of this thread and you don't see me until two and a half pages in. So... okay?

Was this the intelligent discussion you were so hopeful of?

1. Location: Maryland/D.C.
    2. Current religious affiliation? Roman Catholic
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Raised Catholic and still am
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Caps, Nats, Os, Cowboys, Wizards, D.C. United, Arsenal
    5. Anything else you care to share? Not a "strict" Catholic. I go to mass occasionally. However I do attend the Catholic University of America in the middle of D.C. It isn't a school full of seminarians lol. The slogan around here is "A drinking school with a Catholic problem". Of course we do have a bunch of people studying that are involved in devote religious life and the kids that go to mass every single day but they're the minority.
    "whoever started is a retardedd" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

"Him and Greene make like not make a mistake" - Hacob

"I love watching him, he just stands and bangs" - DIRK

I am Jewish.
    I follow Arsenal, Juventus and Maccabi Tel Aviv in soccer.

I am also a fan of the New York Mets, New Jersey Devils, Brooklyn Nets and Maccabi Tel Aviv basketball club.

Quote Originally Posted by JWalk126 View Post
    I am Jewish.
    I follow Arsenal, Juventus and Maccabi Tel Aviv in soccer.

I am also a fan of the New York Mets, New Jersey Devils, Brooklyn Nets and Maccabi Tel Aviv basketball club.
    I love the Final Fours when we both have sets of fans
    Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv is probably the healthiest basketball rivalry in Europe.

underlined basketball coz you've been naughty in football(soccer) when you came to Athens

1. Location: West Suburbs IL
    2. Current religious affiliation? Muslim Alhamdulilah
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? None
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Cubs, Bulls, Bears
    5. Anything else you care to share? Just saying hi to all my brothers and sisters in humanity. Let's keep the arguing down please, and be peaceful. I grew up on PSD so I don't like seeing fellow PSD's going at it.

1. Location: Wisconsin
    2. Current religious affiliation? Christian
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Christian
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Brewers/Bucks/Packers/Badgers
    5. Anything else you care to share?

10. 01-09-2014, 06:37 PM
    Reason
    baiting (lflol)

I dont really see the point of this post. Athiests (me included) get on religious folks for people judgemental, yet you essentially insult every catholic person on the planet in one post.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 01-14-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: edited out the deleted post

I heard church bells today and i'm pretty sure they were playing to the tune it's a grand old flag. Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I heard church bells today and i'm pretty sure they were playing to the tune it's a grand old flag. Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    it was a joke (though it did sound like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

1) Long Island
    2) None, or atheist
    3) Reform Judaism
    4) The Mets, my lifelong obsession
    5) I think the terms atheist and agnostic are too often misunderstood and misused. Back in the days when i still referred to myself as a Reform Jew (I'll always be a Jew regardless of my beliefs. That's my heritage) and I began to explore the question of whether there really was a God, i started out by calling myself an agnostic. "I don't know" seemed like a way of hedging one's bet. Probably not a believer, not sure, so yeah, I'm an agnostic. But that's wrong. Since the question of whether God exists cannot be known at this present time, we're all agnostics. But some us are believers or theists, and some of us are atheists, or non believers.

But maybe there is a word to describe someone who doesn't know whether they believe or not. Maybe we'll just call those folks "confused" which, let's face it, most of us were at one point or another.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

1. Minnesota
    2. Agnostic Atheist
    3. Christianity
    4. Twins/Wolves/Wild/Vikings

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast