Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

PSD Religion Forum Check In

1. Location
    2. Current religious affiliation?
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any?
    4. What sports teams do you follow?
    5. Anything else you care to share?
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Thought maybe this might allow posters to identify other posters religious affiliation and discussion (like posters with common beliefs can discuss) can be started this way.

If this is a bad idea, feel free to delete it.

1. Location: Sterling Heights, MI
    2. Current religious affiliation? Catholic
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Nope
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Detroit Red Wings, Lions, Tigers, Pistons, and Michigan Wolverines.
    5. Anything else you care to share? I don't usually talk about religion because it gets hostile and childish but I am very interested in learning about others beliefs, practices, and general history behind their religion. You can never have too much knowledge regarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    1. Location
    1. NYC
    2. Atheist
    3. Catholic
    4. Knicks, Yankees
    5. I was kind of forced into being Catholic. My parents sent me to a Catholic school for nine years and would force me to go to church every Sunday. Started going my own way during high school.

1. Location: Arvada, Colorado
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Had brief thoughts before, but stayed/staying true
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Red Wings and Notre Dame
    5. Anything else you care to share? I am not a staunch Catholic and I don't care to push my beliefs on anyone. I do think it's awesome they're allowing us to speak of it again. I just hope both sides of the realm (religious/atheist) can interact respectfully without trying to demean one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    1. Location: Arvada, Colorado
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Had brief thoughts before, but stayed/staying true
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Red Wings and Notre Dame
    5. Anything else you care to share? I am not a staunch Catholic and I don't care to push my beliefs on anyone. I do think it's awesome they're allowing us to speak of it again. I just hope both sides of the realm (religious/atheist) can interact respectfully without trying to demean one or the other.
    Right on, brother!

1. Location? England
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? N.A
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Birmingham City Football Club, Broncos, Nuggets, Notre Dame
    5. Anything else you care to share? Kind of a lapsed Catholic. Still believe in God but sometimes I just really can't be arsed to go to Church.

1. Location: Virginia
    2. Current religious affiliation? None
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Raised Catholic
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Broncos, Red Sox
    5. Anything else you care to share? I look forward to discussing religion every once in a while. If you have any questions about the actions of others in this forum, please feel free to message me. I'm more than willing to help out and I will do my best to not allow my personal beliefs to cloud my judgment.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

1. Location: Iowa
    2. Current religious affiliation: Agnostic
    3. Former religious affiliation: Also raised Catholic (Catholic school my whole life)
    4. Sports teams I follow? I love Chicago teams... Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks, and I follow Iowa Hawkeyes as well.
    5. I just hope we can keep this place civil... and I'm glad it's back... I look forward to having some good conversations in here.

1. Location: earfff
    2. Current religious affiliation? none
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? jewish... mother's a rabbi and father's israeli
    4. What sports teams do you follow? see sig
    5. Anything else you care to share? RAmen!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

1. Location Chicago IL
    2. Current religious affiliation? Jewish
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Very Jewish (black hat white shirt type)
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Blackhawks, and Longhorns.
    5. Anything else you care to share? As a Jew, I grew up being taught that every other religion is wrong and evil and I can't have anything to do with them. I now believe that every religion has it's own way of thinking and nobody is wrong.

1. Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    2. Current religious affiliation: None...very firmly so
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any: Was raised Episcopalian, but not obsessively
    4. What sports teams do you follow: Magic, Gators, Sox, Pats...proud member of the Pirates bandwagon
    5. Anything else you care to share: I am happy this is here! Religion is my favorite thing to discuss. I'm not as bright as many people here, like nate, dbroncs, etc. so I enjoy picking their brains as well as picking the brains of those who think unlike me. Religion is amazingly fascinating in my eyes.
    HELLO

1. South Carolina
    2. Christian - Presbyterian
    3. None
    4. Carolinas teams, Clemson, Chicago Cubs
    5. 'Merica **** yeah

1. Location: Canadian in Michigan
    2. Current religious affiliation? Roman Catholic
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Nope
    4. What sports teams do you follow? You already know but Leafs and Jets are the most important of the bunch.
    5. Anything else you care to share? I love reading about religions and different point of views moreso than discussing them. Reading some discussions actually has significantly changed my views on many things in the past that I previously decided upon because of how I was raised/my religion. So your posts do matter.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 07-06-2013 at 01:26 AM.

1. Location: Vancouver,B.C.
    2. Current religious affiliation? None but attend church on Christmas(with family)
    3. Former religious affiliation, if any? Raised Catholic
    4. What sports teams do you follow? Canucks,Bengals,LSU Tigers, Oregon Ducks, Yankees
    5. Anything else you care to share? Nope

1. Location? South Carolina
    More Atheist than anything, but unsure tbh
    Grew up catholic. (Portuguese and Mexican parents)
    Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Real Madrid.
    I havent really been convinced of anything religous wise, but leaning toward atheism.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast