Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

NBA To Allow Time Warner Cable To Be Part Of Lakers' Pitch To Dwight

Time Warner Cable is having discussions with Dwight Howard being given his own show if he re-signs with the Los Angeles Lakers.

The NBA has no issue with Time Warner Cable being involving in the Lakers' pitch, but no extra compensation can be promised, according to a league source.

Time Warner is looking for additional content as part of their monster deal with the Lakers.

"They could simply be presenting ideas about how they plan to cover Howard and the Lakers in the future," said the source. "That's allowed"
    https://twitter.com/mcten

Mods can move this elsewhere that they seem fit if necessary. Thought it was interesting. I've never seen a T.V show being offered as part of a team going after free agents

Watch as soon as Dwight sign, Stern will block it...
    He will say something like its against the CBA
    Kings of New York

WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

Wow. That's ridiculous.

Time Warner Cable sucks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

$$$$$$$$$

what

The Lakers are telling Addidas to tell Dwight if he stays in L.A They will give him an additional $25 million. The Lakers will pay Addidas under the table with promises of future deals with the Laker.

They are also using Tine Warner Cable as well as their other connections in big industries to persuade Dwight. I thought this was illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    The Lakers are telling Addidas to tell Dwight if he stays in L.A They will give him an additional $25 million. The Lakers will pay Addidas under the table with promises of future deals with the Laker.

They are also using Tine Warner Cable as well as their other connections in big industries to persuade Dwight. I thought this was illegal.
    I'm not sure but it sure sounds like it.

So Dwight can either go to Houston to have the best opportunity to compete for a ring or he can stay with the Lakers and have his own show....choices, choices....

Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post

Don't forget the Dwight"superman" Howard statue outside of staples

Howard is not signing with the LAL.

1) He never wanted to be in LAL.
    2) He's a sidekick for Kobe.
    3) Nash/Gasol are old as hell.
    4) Kobe is injured. He might not be 100% at all.
    5) How can you turn away from the Rockets? Great location, a very decent team in Harden/Parsons.

Now that is being desperate haha but hey gotta do what you gotta do, turning down a fifth year AND 25 mil from Adidas and your own show....yea Howard is a Laker for life
    Texans Time is here!

I never talk trash about another team but if this is all true, Lakers look pretty pathetic right now.
    Texans Time is here!

Lakers are desperate. But hey, if it's allowed and if it works for them, then it's worth it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast