Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I hate all the NBA superstars want to play together

I do not like it because it leaves u watching boring games on tv half the time

Did you just start watching? It's been going on since the 90s and even earlier..

Diff is back than gms made moved now players are.

I know but now it is getting out if hand don't u agree tho

As long as I get to see good quality basketball from at least one team, I'm fine with it

Yeah I'm not too fun of it either but the NBA changes in different eras. It really sucks for small market teams though, they get these lotto picks then after the players become elite and well recognized they demand trades or go sign with a big market. Its a business first and these teams will deal them too for the best of their organization so.

I think it puts a whole lot pressure on teams to draft well. I mean, look at small markets like OKC. If they hadn't drafted well, there's no doubt KD is out of there first chance he gets. Now, nearly no chance he leaves because they have a very solid core. Tim Duncan wouldn't have stayed in SA all those years had he not been put together with 4 other Hall of Famers.

Either way, like it or not, the new CBA is penalizing teams that draft too well, ala OKC. We'll see a whole lot more 1-2 superstar teams now.

Yeah, look what just happened with Bargnani going to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Menn! View Post
    Did you just start watching? It's been going on since the 90s and even earlier..
    I can't agree with this statement superstars wanting/forcing to join together have not been going on since the 90's and earlier. Only two-three superstar players come to mind that did it in the 80's & 90's, Clyde Drexler & Barkley at age 32 & 33 teaming up with Hakeem and Moses Malone teaming up with Dr. J. I could also add Wilt, Baylor and West to the list because Wilt did force to be traded to a western team(Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Diego).

Other than those situations you rarely seen superstar franchise players force their way to play with other stars like today players. All I could say is that the league is changing and I hope we see twice as more superstar caliber players come out of college.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

Guys, it's not that all the NBA stars want to play together. There are just way too many stars in NBA because the talent pool is getting bigger and bigger. To beat the best, you need your own squad, that's what it's become now.

Quote Originally Posted by TraVaughnb View Post
    I do not like it because it leaves u watching boring games on tv half the time
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menn! View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess, but these two accounts belong to the same person (or they know each other).

I love Super Teams! If Howard can find his way onto the Clippers or OKC, I would really like that; and that huge *** elephant in the room that everyone pretends not to see, as they nonchalantly walk around it, yeah his/her name is contraction.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess, but these two accounts belong to the same person (or they know each other).

I love Super Teams! If Howard can find his way onto the Clippers or OKC, I would really like that; and that huge *** elephant in the room that everyone pretends not to see, as they nonchalantly walk around it, yeah his/her name is contraction.
    heat fan lol

Quote Originally Posted by TraVaughnb View Post
    I know but now it is getting out if hand don't u agree tho
    How old are you 10?

Was the NBA boring when the Pistons had Isiah Dumars Rodman Laimbeer?

When the Bulls had Jordan Pippen and Rodman?

When the Celtics had Bird Parish and McHale?

When the Lakers had Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis?

Or heck is the NBA boring now with LeBron Wade and Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by --23-- View Post
    I can't agree with this statement superstars wanting/forcing to join together have not been going on since the 90's and earlier. Only two-three superstar players come to mind that did it in the 80's & 90's, Clyde Drexler & Barkley at age 32 & 33 teaming up with Hakeem and Moses Malone teaming up with Dr. J. I could also add Wilt, Baylor and West to the list because Wilt did force to be traded to a western team(Seattle, Los Angeles, or San Diego).

Other than those situations you rarely seen superstar franchise players force their way to play with other stars like today players. All I could say is that the league is changing and I hope we see twice as more superstar caliber players come out of college.
    It's not exactly the fault of the players.

Back in the day, the game was far more physical. That led to dirty plays, hard hits, and players genuinely hating each other.

In today's day and age with the social media and all that, players on opposing teams befriend each other.

Essentially, you're saying you hate players that want to play with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    How old are you 10?

Was the NBA boring when the Pistons had Isiah Dumars Rodman Laimbeer?

When the Bulls had Jordan Pippen and Rodman?

When the Celtics had Bird Parish and McHale?

When the Lakers had Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Rambis?

Or heck is the NBA boring now with LeBron Wade and Bosh?
    One of these things is not like the other...

It is what it is in the league but this hasn't happened before where guys in their prime have openly maneuvered to get to play with the certain players they want to play with. I'm not saying its bad but I hate when people take these older examples where not one of these players you mentioned was signed as a free agent. This hasn't been happening and I hate when people say that. Yes there have been lots of great teams and player combos but it happened through drafting, player development, and good team building from the front office to coaching.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast