Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NBA Draft

I might cry if we get a top 5 pick. It's super early and things can change significantly until that point, but I would love any of wiggins, Parker, randle, smart or exum.

Didn't check the actually NBA standings. But on twitter a few Bucks fans said we're tied for #2 pick in draft.

If we ended up #2 after the lottery. Who would you pick if Wiggins goes #1? SF Parker? SF/PF Randle? C Embiid? PG Exum? PG Smart? Next best player or need as in pg? Or take SF and Giannis stays on the bench?

Take the best available based on need. Maybe it's Parker or Smart. I don't see us going after Randle unless Henson falls off and/or we trade Ersan.

At that point in the draft, take best player regardless of position. If you have two guys rated basically the same, then you consider position. But if you have Randle as clearly your number 2 guy ( which I'm not sure he is) you take him. You can sort out playing time for others later.

I will say that I'm starting to fall in love with the idea of exum. He has flaws, but he also has crazy upside. This team lacks an attacker and that's what he is. If he can develop a jumper, he's going to be ridiculously dangerous.

We have the tie breaker over the Wizards so were officially #2 pick.

OB (Milwaukee)Any clue where the Bucks are going at this point? Are they this bad or are the injuries the main problem?

Chad Ford (1:28 PM)Injuries are a big part of it. Three of their starters (Sanders, Ilyasova and Knight) have missed at least five games. That's a big deal on any team. The bigger picture is more interesting. Owner Herb Kohl is anti-tanking. However, a poor finish this year might be the best thing that ever happened to the Bucks. They need a star. They aren't getting one via free agency. The draft is their only hope. If I'm John Hammond, I'm sending Kohl video of Wiggins, Randle and Parker every day until he relents.
    -ESPN q&A

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE:27440375
    OB (Milwaukee)Any clue where the Bucks are going at this point? Are they this bad or are the injuries the main problem?

Chad Ford (1:28 PM)Injuries are a big part of it. Three of their starters (Sanders, Ilyasova and Knight) have missed at least five games. That's a big deal on any team. The bigger picture is more interesting. Owner Herb Kohl is anti-tanking. However, a poor finish this year might be the best thing that ever happened to the Bucks. They need a star. They aren't getting one via free agency. The draft is their only hope. If I'm John Hammond, I'm sending Kohl video of Wiggins, Randle and Parker every day until he relents.
    -ESPN q&A

Id pass on wiggins n take parker! Kid is so legit

Parker has looked awesome. Wiggins hasn't been bad though either. Being in the 2 hole and having to "settle" for whichever one doesn't go first isn't a terrible position to be in either. And in all honesty, randle could easily go ahead of either or both of them.

I know I've been skeptical of this draft in the past since we've seen can't miss guys end up not being great. I don't want to harp on Harrison Barnes, but he was a preseason all American before his freshman year and ended up disappointing to an extent. This class hasn't done that so far. They've looked very, very good so far and I'm super excited about the opportunity to maybe get a chance at one of those guys.

I think if we can get a top 5 pick I will be satisfied with whomever we get. Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, Smart...any of those guys could change this franchise around.

I want Smart of Parker.

Not a fan of Wiggins.

Seems a bit lazy, hates interacting with people. Often times comes across as arrogant or someone who doesn't go hard all the time. Not to mention the kid still can't shoot.

He has a terribly quick first step, and can elevate like not a lot of people can, however he needs to put in some serious work on his game if he wants to be a stud at the next level.

Thats why I like Parker so much. High character, local kid. Hardworking, very intelligent. His game is more refined.

The guy I want the most for this team though is Smart. I think him with Juice, Sanders, even Illy would make a nasty combo.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Plus Smart is as tough as nails.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

Its two days old. So they have us in the wrong draft spot. Were suppose to be #2.

#4 Milwaukee Joel Embiid 7-0 250 C Kansas Fr.

#34 Milwaukee Ondrej Balvin 7-2 280 C Czech Republic Intl

Not sure why they have us drafting two more centers when we extended Sanders and signed free agent Zaza long term.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

If you go by our real draft slot.

#2 Jabari Parker 6-8 235 SF Duke Fr.
    #32 Dwight Powell 6-10 235 PF Stanford Sr

I'd take Dante Exum at #2 or #3 spot. Big 6'6" PG/SG, can drive to the hoop for dunks or lay ins and can hit the 3 with ease. Could change my mind in a few months. But looks like a safe pick.

11 - Dante ExumAustralia Birthday: 7/13/95 NBA Position: PG/SG Class: International Ht: 6-6 Wt: 188 Hometown: East Melbourne, Australia High School: Australia Institute of Sport

NBA Comparison: Penny Hardaway
    Strengths: Lightning quick combo guard with a deadly first step ... Plays an incredibly controlled and smooth game, especially considering he is routinely the quickest guy on the court ... Gets where he wants to off the dribble at will; has good ability to change direction ... Very positive reports about his leadership ability, strong character, and work ethic ... An unselfish and heady player ... Has an uncanny ability to draw fouls, both in the open- and half-court...At 6'6" is more than capable of playing both guard positions; "natural" position may actually be PG... A good and willing passer... Has great length ... Can score in a variety of ways around the basket ... Has good finishing ability ... Good overall feel for the game ... One of the top prospects not just in Australia, but in the world ... Strong character kid, with strong desire to win and improve his game ...

Weaknesses: An inconsistent, but improving, shooter. Shot tends to be flat and needs more arch ... Slight build, will need to work on absorbing contact on both ends of the floor ... Although a strong on-ball defender, strength may be an issue, as he does not fight through screens effectively ... Does not currently have much of a mid range game to speak of, although it is easy to make the argument he has no opportunity to show one given how easily he gets to the rack ...

Notes: Had a dominant performance for Australia at 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship in Prague ... Has the option to declare for the 2014 NBA draft, but is likely to play NCAA ball first; Indiana University is currently thought to be atop his list ... His father, Cecil Exum, grew up in North Carolina; after winning a NCAA championship alongside Michael Jordan at UNC, Cecil moved to Australia to play professional basketball ... Currently attends the Australian Institute of Sport, where he will graduate in November, 2013. This is the same institution that produced fellow Aussies Luc Longley, Andrew Bogut, Patty Mills, and Matthew Dellavedova ...
    We could sure use a Penny Hardaway.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast