Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Its not only Butler setting a road block for small ball in Drew's crazy lineups. Wait till Delfino is back. Then we will be playing more small ball. Then once Ersan is fully healthy then Henson thrown to the curb which I don't want.
    Yeah, but I think you're thinking in terms of Boylan and Skiles as our coach. Hopefully Drew is a little more capable of providing some better rotations.

Also FWIW I don't really think Giannis is capable of playing more then 10 solid minutes right now anyway. He could surprise me but, and who knows maybe Drew gives him a little more time I just don't see it right now.

Henson will play his minutes this year believe you me. He's played too well all summer not to.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

-espn

That doesn't sound to promising as being #1 in all mocks so far.
    I already said he's terrible in interviews. He shows a complete lack of interest.

This is a serious question kinda aimed at time but obviously anyone can answer. If we get say the 10 pick or so, would you trade Henson and our pick to move up to 3ish and get smart.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    This is a serious question kinda aimed at time but obviously anyone can answer. If we get say the 10 pick or so, would you trade Henson and our pick to move up to 3ish and get smart.
    Going by other people I know that watch tons of college been saying they would sway more to Exum or Harrison instead of Smart. But have to see more for myself before I answer. But as of right now I wouldn't package a youngster like Henson with our own pick to move up. Henson is starting to break out. Also a pick around ten can still be good on its own. Also Henson and ten would be over kill to move up seven spots. Also Wolters been doing well so far. He's not elite but plays efficient and plays within him self.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    No. For two reasons.

1.) John Henson can play alongside Larry Sanders and I do think we trade Ers this year at some point. (may be after the season) but I have seen one thing for sure so far, John Henson can plaaaaaayyy. Now, I might be little higher on him then you or other people, but I just see a smart kid who just loves the game, which is what the Mil really lacks.

2.) I think this years class is going to be pretty strong. Like I think that there will be 4-5 point's that we could draft that can be starters (assuming they come out), so while it'd be nice to have Smart ( really like him) I don't think other guys are that bad of picks.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    No. For two reasons.

1.) John Henson can play alongside Larry Sanders and I do think we trade Ers this year at some point. (may be after the season) but I have seen one thing for sure so far, John Henson can plaaaaaayyy. Now, I might be little higher on him then you or other people, but I just see a smart kid who just loves the game, which is what the Mil really lacks.

2.) I think this years class is going to be pretty strong. Like I think that there will be 4-5 point's that we could draft that can be starters (assuming they come out), so while it'd be nice to have Smart ( really like him) I don't think other guys are that bad of picks.
    I can see Ersan dealt eventually. But some of the teams that wanted Ersan already did other trades like Wizards added a big in Gortat so means more Nene at PF. Unless Ersan gets a 6th man role there? Also Nets wanted Ersan badly but added KG,AK47 and Pierce now. Like we mentioned Lakers could use Ersan. But they have no decent assets we need. Gasol seems like a Kohl win now mandate though. But $20M is a lot and expiring and would walk. Lakers cant trade any firsts till like 2019. Also any team that wants Ersan probably wants him now to get into the playoffs not trading at draft time. But Kohl wants to win now as well. What other teams would want Ersan?

Right now in super early mocks, only 4 pgs are going in the first. Obviously these are going to be very fluid rankings seeing how early it is. Only two of those pgs, smart and Christon have a collegiate season under their belts. Freshman are always a huge question mark, so it's hard to count on Harrison for sure being in the lotto range, and the 4th an 18 year old kid playing in Australia. He's a basically a Giannis type lottery ticket who may not come out ( also possible the other guys don't come out either.)

So it's not a super deep pg class. I'm not sure smart is a franchise changing type of player, but if I can trade Henson and my first pick for a guy who might be a franchise changer (depends on his season and everything) I'm doing it. I think Henson can be really good. But I also think ersan is a good player. If we can get a major upgrade at pg (a potential position of weakness depending on knights play this year) for Henson and still have two solid starters in Larry and Ersan, I would have to strongly consider.

Obviously it's too early to call it and we'd have to see how smart (or another pg) plays this year as well as evaluate out own needs before you can really say what we should do, but I'd have to strongly consider it.

#8 Milwaukee Wayne Selden 6-5 230 SG/SF Kansas Fr.

#38 Milwaukee Alec Brown 7-1 235 C Wisconsin Gre... Sr.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

I can see Ersan dealt eventually. But some of the teams that wanted Ersan already did other trades like Wizards added a big in Gortat so means more Nene at PF. Unless Ersan gets a 6th man role there? Also Nets wanted Ersan badly but added KG,AK47 and Pierce now. Like we mentioned Lakers could use Ersan. But they have no decent assets we need. Gasol seems like a Kohl win now mandate though. But $20M is a lot and expiring and would walk. Lakers cant trade any firsts till like 2019. Also any team that wants Ersan probably wants him now to get into the playoffs not trading at draft time. But Kohl wants to win now as well. What other teams would want Ersan?
    A few teams that may want Ersan in my opinion:

Houston- Asik and Howard don't mix that well. Ersan spreads the floor and gives more shooting. Maybe we can get a first and one of the younger guys/bench players.
    Sacramento- Gives them a better option next to Cousins. We probably can get an expiring or something from
    Them. Maybe Thomas?

Not really worth it to me. In all likelihood, they are picking in the 20s range, and the youngish bench player we get is maybe someone like cannan at best. The guy we draft at 20 and the young guy will probably not be any better than Ersan. We don't need to make trades where we trade one good player for two decent, slightly lesser players. We already have incredible depth, but weak top end talent. We are the ones that need to be trading the two lesser players for one better player.

That's why I would propose the unpopular idea of trading Henson. I know everyone here will say Henson is younger, cheaper and has more upside to be better. After watching his so far this year, I think that is apparent. I'm not attempting to refute that. But you have to give up talent to get talent in this league. I'm not sure who's available or anything, but I would consider Henson if there's a top end talent available. Even if its trading Henson and our pick to move up in the draft.

Hard to say where the Bucks will be because with so many new players and players out it's hard to really know what they'll look like at seasons end.

Draft express still the same, having us take PG Andrew Harrison.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Darn they reset the order of the draft of us back at #15. Even though a loss to Miami tonight will put us in a tie with Kings and Jazz for #3. Right now Randle is #3.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

5. Milwaukee Bucks: Joel Embiid, Kansas, 7'0'', C
    Not sure I want another center unless Sanders goes in a tail spin out of control. The mock was newest I found on google where it showed team draft order. Draftexpress doesn't show teams just lists kids top to bottom. nbadraft site is down for a upgrade. But bleacher report has us picking Embiid at #5. Not a fan of bleacher report. But figure its been quiet on the mock drafts lately.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-season/page/6

Man, as bad as this team has looked so far we might actually have a shot at a top 5 pick...

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast