Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Most seem to think this pick is a total flop. And the pick that we traded away seemed to be a good solid player. Why am I not surprised?

Greece is in Group A of the tournament.

10\7 - Greece vs. Serbia 18:00 est (5 p.m. cst)
    11\7 - Greece vs. Germany 13:00 est (Noon cst)
    12\7- Greece vs. Georgia 15:45 est (2:45 cst)
    13\7 - Greece vs Lithuania 13:30 est (12:30 cst)
    Might have to watch some of these.

The latest first-round pick of the Milwaukee Bucks has a special skill set.

Remember Paul Pressey as a point forward with the Bucks under coach Don Nelson?

New Bucks coach Larry Drew may have someone to revive that role in Giannis Antetokounmpo, the 18-year-old from Greece and the 15th overall pick in Thursday's draft.

The 6-foot-9 Antetokounmpo and second-rounder Nate Wolters were introduced at a news conference Friday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

"In watching Giannis play I think you would classify him more as a point forward," Drew said. "I was very shocked in watching his games, just how well he moved with the basketball in his hand.

"He's a terrific passer; he's a very unselfish passer which makes him very unique. I got a chance to watch quite a bit of him. A guy that size, a guy who handles the ball that well, he has the ability to play on the top of the floor.

"He has the ability to run a fast break. He makes his teammates better. When you find that combination of having the ability to maneuver in the open floor and to make the right plays, it's a very unique talent."

Sitting in the audience at the news conference was Giannis' 20-year-old brother, Thanasis, who also plays professionally in Greece for Filathlitikos.

"He works all day," Thanasis said of his brother. "Everyone knows it. He works on basketball; he's not lifting weights. It's our sport. It's our love.

"I think he's unselfish. He can take it off the glass and run."

Giannis also was accompanied by agent Alex Saratsis.

"I am very excited to get drafted No. 15," Antetokounmpo said. "I will give 100% for the team. When the coach calls me to play, I will give everything."

Antetokounmpo will not play for the Bucks in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July due to a commitment with Greece's Under-20 national team. The Greek team is playing in the U-20 European Championships from July 1-21.

"It's a part of the process," Hammond said. "It's not uncommon in dealing with international players. We look at him as a future piece and I'm sure the Greek national team does also.

"We'll always respect their wishes and try to work with them and I know they try to be fair with us also."

Hammond said the plan will be to bring Antetokounmpo and his family to Milwaukee.

"Hopefully before September," Hammond said. "I don't know when it will be. But what we would like to do is have it all happen at once. Have him here and his family here so that support system begins here from Day One."

The young player was in New York for the draft, only the second time he has been out of his home country of Greece.

"In the beginning it will be the culture," he said of his greatest challenge. "It will be a little bit difficult but I will have my family together with me, and it will be easy."

Both brothers said they have followed the NBA. Thanasis said the players they have watched the most are LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant.

"The NBA is popular. In Greece it is too much popular," Antetokounmpo said. "A lot of people watch (on TV)."

He said he is confident handling the ball.

"I can play the point guard position," he said. "I can handle the ball pretty well. But the thing that makes me special in the game is being an unselfish point guard. And if the team needs to score, I'm there to score."
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/213553501.html

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/213592491.html

In the video Charles Gardner gave our draft a grade of a B.

I actually like the pick a lot. TON of upside for the #15th overall pick.

Hammond definitely seems to be loading up with athleticism and length on the defensive end.

This guys really has all the tools. He needs to get stronger and more polished across the board, but he has the potential to be a lot like Luol Deng, but with a more complete offensive game.

AthanasiosAdetokunbo ‏@Adeto_kouboS 2h
    Milwaukee Arena... Me and my bro giannis_adeto .... http://instagram.com/p/bi3NQRMEfx/

Retweeted by Giannis Adetokunbo

http://u20men.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_...eamID_291.html

Here are his stats from the Under-20 Championships so far. I haven't seen any videos to go along with these stats, but it seems like a good sign of potential.

Giannis played yesterday and got 25 minutes.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/gianni...e-beat-croatia

Doesn't show much of him. But got the link off of twitter say highlights of Giannis in the win.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/gianni...e-beat-croatia

Doesn't show much of him. But got the link off of twitter say highlights of Giannis in the win.
    It doesn't show much! Besides this level of competition is weak! This guy have to really to get up to nba game speed!

You have to remember he is like a kid coming out of high school. Don't expect a whole lot until we get him in and start the strength/conditioning program.

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'm by no means a great basketball player, but some of those players make me believe I could actually compete on that level.

For god sakes one play the offensive player bobbled the ball and backed the opponent down. It seriously reminded me of watching little kids play it was so bad to watch.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

I should be in the NBA. My skyhook would be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'm by no means a great basketball player, but some of those players make me believe I could actually compete on that level.

For god sakes one play the offensive player bobbled the ball and backed the opponent down. It seriously reminded me of watching little kids play it was so bad to watch.
    I can agree!! I hope the Bucks are not trying find a sf on purpose because they think this kid is the 2013-2014 savor!! Although, it would be nice if he can pan out but that is too risky this year. So we should go after a good sf and let the kid learn from him!!

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel 27 Jul
    Hearing the "Greek Freak" is Milwaukee bound and will be signing his contract soon.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast