Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Too bad because dipshit Herb Kohl doesn't believe in total rebuilding. If he did so, we would have started after Ray Allen, Sam Cassel and Glenn Robinson departed. I have absolutely no faith in the Bucks management and ownership.

Listen up, we've been burned once already on these foreign kids.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

I like the pick and I like the strategy of shooting for the moon with a really raw prospect with a very high upside. With that said, I think he should play one year in Spain before he comes over to the NBA
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by ValuePick View Post
    I like the pick and I like the strategy of shooting for the moon with a really raw prospect with a very high upside. With that said, I think he should play one year in Spain before he comes over to the NBA
    I agree but both sides say he's coming over right away. He won't even play in summer league. Larry Drew even said that the players who have skills will get playing time so that's kind of refreshing we'll get to see how he is.

Wow what a surprise OC hates a Bucks move.

In all honesty it's a pretty good pick IMO. No the safest but we didn't need safe, we need a star and I hope this kid with some time can develop into that.

He moves like Kevin Durant, just doesn't score like him...
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

"He moves like Kevin Durant, just doesn't score like him..."

The teams over there don't play through only one player. The system is way different so no one has any clue to what he could do with more touches. But I'm not saying he's on that level.

I guess I'm just a Bucks homer, but I couldn't be happier with this move. Fills a need at the 3, built like Kevin Durant. And if you watched the video, he can flat out posterize guys due to his length. Watch the Draft Express video long enough and you can see a couple big blocks and some really nice finishes at the rim. And he's still only 18! Can't wait to see what he can turn into

Quote Originally Posted by OC Knights #11 View Post
    Too bad because dipshit Herb Kohl doesn't believe in total rebuilding. If he did so, we would have started after Ray Allen, Sam Cassel and Glenn Robinson departed. I have absolutely no faith in the Bucks management and ownership.

We also have been burned on US players as well. What is your point?

Ersan is our 2nd best player on our team and is foreign. I don't think you understand how the lottery process works and the bad luck we have had. It's hard to rebuild when you are one of the worst teams in. The NBA and still end up with the 6th or 7th pick.
    Young Guns

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post

Ersan is our 2nd best player on our team and is foreign. I don't think you understand how the lottery processwe works and the bad luck we have had. It's hard to rebuild when you are one of the worst teams in. The NBA and still end up with the 6th or 7th pick.

We .have been burned by our front office too trading away Dirk who is foreign is an example. Not to mention Bogut played college here but he too was foreign.

I think its stupid when people bring up the Dirk situation. You pick guys and you trade guys. Sometimes you trade the wrong guy, but if you would have asked anybody in 1998 if they thought Dirk Nowitzki was going to turn into what he turned into I doubt many people would have agreed. It's a little ridiculous to still be hung up on a trade that happened 15 years ago.

But as for currently, I think this is obviously a pick for a team in rebuilding mode. I don't think you can take a chance on an 18 year old kid if you intend to win now. Ultimately we'll see, but this kid has a huge upside but he comes with equal risk. I hope for the team's sake that this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post

Ersan is our 2nd best player on our team and is foreign. I don't think you understand how the lottery process works and the bad luck we have had. It's hard to rebuild when you are one of the worst teams in. The NBA and still end up with the 6th or 7th pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by birlik54 View Post
    I think its stupid when people bring up the Dirk situation. You pick guys and you trade guys. Sometimes you trade the wrong guy, but if you would have asked anybody in 1998 if they thought Dirk Nowitzki was going to turn into what he turned into I doubt many people would have agreed. It's a little ridiculous to still be hung up on a trade that happened 15 years ago.

But as for currently, I think this is obviously a pick for a team in rebuilding mode. I don't think you can take a chance on an 18 year old kid if you intend to win now. Ultimately we'll see, but this kid has a huge upside but he comes with equal risk. I hope for the team's sake that this pans out.
    But u have admit when someone says foreign players let us down no they don't

Dirk wasn't our pick. Mavs would of drafted him out right a head of us. They were hoping we wanted to move up to get Robert Tractor Traylor before other teams snagged him. So we parted with Dirk and Pat Garrity for Traylor. Bucks management probably never scouted Dirk any way. Probably didn't even know who he was.

AthanasiosAdetokoubo @Adeto_kouboS

At apple store in milwaukee with giannis_adeto and our family Giorgos Panou... http://instagram.com/p/bH9hrBMEfD/

7:27 PM - 28 Jun 2013
    -Twitter

OK, John Hammond: Giannis Antetokounmpo is in the fold. What next?

The Milwaukee Bucks’ general manager introduced his team’s first-round draft pick Friday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. The 6-foot-9 forward is known as the “Greek Freak,” and much time was spent trying to properly pronounce and spell his name.

More troublesome are the questions facing the Bucks as the start of free agency approaches.

First, what is Hammond’s plan for the backcourt, which was anchored by Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis last season. Ellis has already declined an $11 million player option and will become a free agent while Jennings will be a restricted free agent.

Milwaukee also must figure out what to do with J.J. Redick and Mike Dunleavy Jr. Redick was obtained in a deadline deal with Orlando. Dunleavy played a key role off the bench for a Bucks squad that went 38-44 and was swept in the first round of the playoffs by Miami.

Both are set to become unrestricted free agents and will be part of an extensive decision-making process for Hammond and new coach Larry Drew

“That’s the next step,” Hammond said. “We’ve had our eye on both targets over the last few weeks, trying to figure out this draft and looking to see what would be the right fit for us on the free agent market.”

The process will begin with Hammond’s own players, and Jennings is at the top of the list. Milwaukee’s first-round pick in 2009, Jennings has struggled with his shot but was second on the team with 17.5 points per game and first with 6.5 assists.

Jennings has expressed interest in playing in a larger market, but the Bucks have remained steadfast in their desire to keep him.

After not offering Jennings an extension to his original rookie deal last summer, Hammond confirmed Friday that Milwaukee made a $4.3 million qualifying offer, giving the team the right to match any other offers.

“We can negotiate with him and if we can’t come to an agreement, we can match, and that’s what we intend to do,” Hammond said.

With just a few weeks on the job, Drew has been studying draft prep, researching free agents and getting to know his own players. The draft has taken up the bulk of his time, but he expects the Bucks to be working the phones when free agency kicks in.

“As soon as the period starts, we’re coming out of the blocks,” Drew said.

Whatever course the Bucks take, they’ll have plenty of room to operate under the cap this summer.

“John and I, we’ve tossed some names around just to get a feel of who I like and who he likes,” Drew said. “These next couple days, we’ll use them to really lock in on a player or players we feel will be the best fit for this team.”

The Bucks are hoping they addressed some of their backcourt questions in the draft’s second round. Milwaukee was part of a trade that included Philadelphia and Washington and ultimately landed 6-foot-4 Nate Wolters.

Projected by some as a possible first-round selection, Wolters carried a South Dakota State team that went 25-10 and won the Summit League with a 13-3 record before losing to fourth-seeded Michigan in a second-round NCAA tournament game.

Wolters averaged 22.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.8 assists as a senior, capping a career in which he set school records for points, assists and free throws made.

“He’s a very tough kid and he knows how to play,” Hammond said. “He’s a big point guard and can score but he’s a distributor also. That excited me. The more guys you have that are unselfish players and willing passers, the better your team will be.”

The Bucks plan to have Wolters on their summer-league roster. They view him as a player who can contribute immediately when training camp starts.

Antetokounmpo will miss the summer league because of commitments to the Greek national team. Hammond said the Bucks were aware of that when he was drafted.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...cc5_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by OC Knights #11 View Post

I agree 100%. Any Bucks fan that says otherwise is delusional.

Kohl contradicts himself though for a rebuild. Baker,Robinson and swaps of Marbury for Allen was all draft. The Baker for Hill and Brandon which led to Cassell,TT and Williams. That was a nice quick rebuild. Kohl is fooling himself.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast