Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Doc Rivers Getting Same Role With Clippers As Greg Popovich Has

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Interesting. The supposed hold up on an official announcement is that Doc is also going to run basketball operations like Pop does for the Spurs. Like the Spurs.. the Clippers will still have a GM as his boss but he will have far more roster control than the average coach. Is this a good or bad decision? Celtics fans is Doc a good talent evaluation type?

"Blake Griffin. You are nothing more than a high school bully!"

Doc was at his best w/ Coach T as his D Asst.

Doc is very poor at bringing mid season acquisitions into the regular rotations.

Outside of that, he's above average or very good. He's no Pop however.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I think doc is a real good motivater. I think he is a solid coach but yeah I agree he is no coach pop
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I think doc is a real good motivater. I think he is a solid coach but yeah I agree he is no coach pop
    Where is a Pop comparison? Just an article saying he's going to be one of two coaches to have the same GM/Coach type dual role right now.

I like the entertainment and contending status the Clippers have. I also like the deals they want to make, because they will be better, but also because they will have a much shorter window to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    I like the entertainment and contending status the Clippers have. I also like the deals they want to make, because they will be better, but also because they will have a much shorter window to compete.
    Well since the KG deal is likely to never happen now I don't think they are that old. Let's say Bledsoe for Afflalo happens.

CP3 (27)
    Afflalo (27)
    Griffin (24)
    DJ (24)

DJ may very well be moved but maybe for somebody only a couple years older since KG is out now. Point being the team has at least a 5 year window if they play their cards right. Not a very old core or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Well since the KG deal is likely to never happen now I don't think they are that old. Let's say Bledsoe for Afflalo happens.

CP3 (27)
    Afflalo (27)
    Griffin (24)
    DJ (24)

DJ may very well be moved but maybe for somebody only a couple years older since KG is out now. Point being the team has at least a 5 year window if they play their cards right. Not a very old core or anything.
    My post was made assuming they can somehow deal for KG. Which was shorten the window but improve their chances immediately.

Deal isn't likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

5 yr window is pretty good with CP3 back in the fold(DOC wouldn't ink unless he knew something)

also in the nba its always a short window, but if you re load after that window expires or right before it does then that keeps that short window flow going to contend

see la and boston for old example, and the only reason boston fell off in 90's was because of the BIAS and LEWIS deaths, they would have carried boston to some more division crowns and possibly FINALS trips

see S.A. and DAL and even POR at one time for new example of teams reloading and retooling around they franchise player to keep the team in ship contention yr in yr out

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDASYSTEM View Post
    5 yr window is pretty good with CP3 back in the fold(DOC wouldn't ink unless he knew something)

also in the nba its always a short window, but if you re load after that window expires or right before it does then that keeps that short window flow going to contend

see la and boston for old example, and the only reason boston fell off in 90's was because of the BIAS and LEWIS deaths, they would have carried boston to some more division crowns and possibly FINALS trips

see S.A. and DAL and even POR at one time for new example of teams reloading and retooling around they franchise player to keep the team in ship contention yr in yr out
    Agree 100 percent. Unless you're like OKC and lock up all your stars when they are 20 years old pretty much everybody has a relatively short window in terms of sticking with the same roster. Like you said teams like SA have just done an incredible job of consistently reloading.

It's hard to be the Spurs. It's why they are the only Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    My post was made assuming they can somehow deal for KG. Which was shorten the window but improve their chances immediately.

Deal isn't likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    I'd love the deal even if it shortens our window but with you know who in charge of the NBA and with a personal beef with KG... I think he NEVER will allow it honestly. I'm sure we may try, but likely veto'd. Remember KG was Stern's number 1 enemy in CBA negotiations when KG supposedly cussed him out and got in his face or w/e. Stern is a petty guy.

If the Clippers get Affalo or KG, I think this makes them the undisputed third best team in the west. Definitely a title contender with KG though.

Also if we get Pierce or somebody better than Butler at SF? Supposedly last month reports came out that it's LAC/Boston or bust for Pierce. Won't consider anywhere else. So if Celtics buy him out this week, I know he's ours for MLE. Hope they don't trade him before that deadline!

Guppy how about

Paul
    Afflalo
    Pierce
    Griffin
    KG

6th man: Crawford

Coaches: Doc/Gentry

You think this is a team with even a remote chance at finals?

Where is a Pop comparison? Just an article saying he's going to be one of two coaches to have the same GM/Coach type dual role right now.
    Nah I love him as a coach (doc) I just wanted to point tht out lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Also if we get Pierce or somebody better than Butler at SF? Supposedly last month reports came out that it's LAC/Boston or bust for Pierce. Won't consider anywhere else. So if Celtics buy him out this week, I know he's ours for MLE. Hope they don't trade him before that deadline!

Guppy how about

Paul
    Afflalo
    Pierce
    Griffin
    KG

6th man: Crawford

Coaches: Doc/Gentry

You think this is a team with even a remote chance at finals?
    I believe the Thunder and Spurs will remain better, this team definitely is a finals contender. Better than the Nuggets and Grizzlies.

I would say second round is a near certainty and they can compete with SA/OKC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast