Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    silver...... While I wouldn't lobe it (trading into the top 5 to get him), I'd be okay with it. The kid does have talent. I also would give him a shot at the 2 first, but our roster may make it necessary for him to play 3. As if now we have 2 2's on the roster( Lou and John).

He still has star potential and we need that. I would gamble on Shabazz if we move up without a doubt. Not really sold on the PGs (but I can see Ferry liking Burke), nothing that stands out center-wise to move up for. So I only see us moving up for a wing, like Shabazz or Oladipo (who might go as soon as #2).

I doubt Shabazz goes Top 5 because he's not an elite athlete and the NBA is fast becoming an uptempo pick and roll dominated league now. Shabazz has some star power, but players with his skillset are being phased out in some ways, so he'll likely slip in the Draft and become a steal if a team can work some magic with him. Maybe it's us, who knows.

Some people have Shabazz falling to us so I would be pretty disappointed if we used our 2 first rounders to trade up and get him.

The Harden comparisons are off IMO because he's nowhere close to as efficient a scorer as Harden is.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    The Harden comparisons are off IMO because he's nowhere close to as efficient a scorer as Harden is.
    Moves like Harden, not comparing the games. They have a slow, awkward, stiff-like dribble and drive.

Not questioning Shabazz' talent, but I don't think I've heard a single positive thing about his attitude. Everything I've seen and read says he selfish player who cares more about Bazz than the team. Can't believe everything you read but I don't think that's one of the foundations for the future I'd want. I would draft him if he fell to us because, like I said, you can't deny his talent. But I wouldn't trade up to get him.

This is just one of the things I've seen:

http://www.businessinsider.com/shabazz-muhammad-celebrate-ucla-buzzer-beater-2013-2
    Last edited by bmac_121; 06-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    Some people have Shabazz falling to us so I would be pretty disappointed if we used our 2 first rounders to trade up and get him.

I believe you are exactly right based on what we saw at UCLA. But the thing is, the coach was a bad match for Shabazz. Howland struggled adapt to this new era of college bball -- he became a lame duck coach who couldn't get his guys to play any defense, that's why the Bruins were so inconsistent. If Shabazz played for a coach with more job security (a great defensive mind like Pitino, one who can handle big egos like Calipari, etc), we might have a better view of who he is as a player, for good or bad. The instability in Westwood makes it's tough for me to dismiss SM, but he's certainly one of if not the biggest gamble in this draft and needs the right environment. IDK if that's us since Ferry just hit the reset button.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2013 at 07:55 AM.

It seems to me that Shabazz has an alpha-dog mentality, but he's lacking an alpha-dog's talent (freakish athleticism & other tangibles). I felt when healthy the ball should have been in L.Williams hands during crunch-time last year. There were many times the Hawks looked lost when it came to figuring out who was gonna take the big shots. One thing about Shabazz, he gonna take the shot. His game may be more suited for the league, than college though. If he's available depending on who else is on the board, I guess you have to take him. Shabazz & Plumlee would b a decent haul. Depending on who's on the board, I doubt Shabazz gets pass the T-Wolves..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Draft day is here, I'm curious to see what type of GM we have in Ferry..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR
    It seems to me that Shabazz has an alpha-dog mentality, but he's lacking an alpha-dog's talent (freakish athleticism & other tangibles). I felt when healthy the ball should have been in L.Williams hands during crunch-time last year. There were many times the Hawks looked lost when it came to figuring out who was gonna take the big shots. One thing about Shabazz, he gonna take the shot. His game may be more suited for the league, than college though.
    Mostly agree with this. Lou's injury, the fact that LW was taking way more 3-pt shots this past season instead of driving to get to the FT line, and the constantly changing backcourt rotation all contributed to the demise of that plan for him to be 'the guy' for us late in games. His defensive awareness also fell off a cliff like JT's did. Another example of Drew's mismanagement. Hopefully Bud is more upfront and consistent with players about their roles.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Thursday, June 27 2013

Howard plans to meet with Dallas, Houston and Atlanta before meeting with the Lakers once teams are allowed to contact free agents beginning July 1, a source said. It appears that the teams will visit Howard in Los Angeles. ESPN.com

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers, Free Agency | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
    Well at least he will meet with us!

Yeah thats all he's going to do. I think were out of it, and he's just meeting with us to humor us. I would luv to have him in ATL, but being realistic we should move on and focus on some othre people like ellis, jefferson, bynum, iguodola, maybe even J-Smove if he could change his attitude. We just need to use are assets that we have right and everything else will fall in to place. Like we need to get this draft thing right with 4picks we can't miss atleast i hope we don't miss, but DF seems to be on point and BUD should be ready to lead us to the promise land.

Is it for sure CP will resign with Clippers? I never saw him say it directly other than "he would like to play for River...". I mean if that's all there is to it then how do you know he and DH def still not on in teaming up together somewhere? Correct me if there are other proof for sure he'll resign with Clippers...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Is it for sure CP will resign with Clippers? I never saw him say it directly other than "he would like to play for River...". I mean if that's all there is to it then how do you know he and DH def still not on in teaming up together somewhere? Correct me if there are other proof for sure he'll resign with Clippers...
    I think he was just giving his opinion. The Dream did take a serious blow with the Clips getting Rivers. However if their is A 1 percent chance, we should not close the door on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I think he was just giving his opinion. The Dream did take a serious blow with the Clips getting Rivers. However if their is A 1 percent chance, we should not close the door on it.
    What I was thinking but maybe more than 1% chance. A good bit more. Reason why I say that bc Atlanta pretty much only team logically able to sign both, which greater our chances of both coming here. Wouldn't one say that the Hawks would be a contending team? Of course a few more moves would be needed, such as resigning Korver or another outside shooter and tweak up the bench. With a "chance" of them still talking about teaming up here, how could one be so sure CP will be returning to Clippers?

Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast