Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1611
    I have a sneaky suspicion the Hawks will use JT ( most likely) or DS to get a late lotto pick and draft Skal Labissiere..... Disappointing season for him but he dose have the versitile skill set coach Bud seems to like in his bigs. He is the boom or bust pick!

On that note..... What would you Gus think of trading JT for a late lotto pick and drafting Skal then drafting Maker with our own pick knowing we would likely be sending both to the D-league?

That should create enough cap room to sign Al ( if he doesn't want the max) and go after Barnes.

Horford is fantastic.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-21-2016 at 07:35 AM.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

One team that could make a move on Al that no one is talking about could be the T-wolves. Horford already has a relationship with Towns and they look like a young team getting ready to turn the corner. I have often compared Al to a bigger better Horace Grant, his mid range shot and all around game would seem to fit in very nicely with Towns and Wiggins. Sort of how Grant fit in seamlessly with Shaq and Penny. Im not begging for it to happen, just a thought. At least they have a few assets to make a S&T interesting.

We have several good players but no one close to a Lebron or a Curry. We need that one superstar if we are ever going to win a title in Atlanta. Let's hope these owners are willing to spend some serious cash and get that one player.

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    We have several good players but no one close to a Lebron or a Curry. We need that one superstar if we are ever going to win a title in Atlanta. Let's hope these owners are willing to spend some serious cash and get that one player.
    Been saying we need a super star for years! However it's not the willingness to spend, Rick Sund over paid everyone and made Joe one of the highest paid players in the NBA. It's spending on the right player, drafting the right player, and taking the right chance.

We need to make drastic changes. I'm so done getting swept every year by Lebron. Rebuild this entire roster.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    We need to make drastic changes. I'm so done getting swept every year by Lebron. Rebuild this entire roster.
    I agree, but will coach Bud? Remember they gave him all the power.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I agree, but will coach Bud? Remember they gave him all the power.
    Guess we shall find out after we get swept on Sunday and head into free agency.

Im not for doing what the Braves did at all. They will suck for years.

I am for adding somebody who is a great player, preferably a C or PF. We could use a SG and get rid of Korver, he's useless now.

I am for adding somebody who is a great player, preferably a C or PF. We could use a SG and get rid of Korver, he's useless now.
    I know you don't want to, but how do we get that great player? Big name free agents have been reluctant to come to Atlanta. As of now we are to good to get a good pick and not good enough to have a real shot. Heck we couldn't be LBJ and his bench last season. I'm not saying we shouldnt give LBJ or Kevin a call to judge interest before we do so, but after that and the likely no thanks, blowing it up has to be an option.

The 2018 draft is being called the deepest since 2003 with superstar talent. Only Det in the top 5 failed to land one. I vote we stock pile unprotected 2018 picks, if we can't get one of the big names.

I know you don't want to, but how do we get that great player? Big name free agents have been reluctant to come to Atlanta. As of now we are to good to get a good pick and not good enough to have a real shot. Heck we couldn't be LBJ and his bench last season. I'm not saying we shouldnt give LBJ or Kevin a call to judge interest before we do so, but after that and the likely no thanks, blowing it up has to be an option.

The 2018 draft is being called the deepest since 2003 with superstar talent. Only Det in the top 5 failed to land one. I vote we stock pile unprotected 2018 picks, if we can't get one of the big names.
    I'm okay with dumping the biggest contracts just not dumping evreybody like the Braves did. You don't get better by blowing up, you get worse with no guarantees.

I say we keep all the tolerable contracts, just dump Horford and whoever else is over paid.

Definitely we keep Milsap. He just keeps getting better and better. I like Bazemore, Sefolosha, Muscala and Humphries. Teague, Korver and Horford can be traded for good players in return or to make space for the superstar we need. Durant, DeRozan and Conley would be my targets.

I'm okay with dumping the biggest contracts just not dumping evreybody like the Braves did. You don't get better by blowing up, you get worse with no guarantees.

I say we keep all the tolerable contracts, just dump Horford and whoever else is over paid.

Definitely we keep Milsap. He just keeps getting better and better. I like Bazemore, Sefolosha, Muscala and Humphries. Teague, Korver and Horford can be traded for good players in return or to make space for the superstar we need. Durant, DeRozan and Conley would be my targets.

I hate to give you bad news, but Milsap has a player option after this season. We will be in the same boat again with him after the season and could face the fact of loosing Jim for nothing.

DS is my favorite Hawk! However he and Milsap likely carry the most value for a maximum return.

If Boston said to have interest in Milsap is willing to part with BKs 2017 & 2018 1rst round picks it has to be strongly considered.

If Philly who have already made a sting offer for DS are willing to part with Noles and the height of their two first in 2018 it has to be considered.

If Orl who has shown interest in nearly every Hawk is willing to part with the two 2018 picks they have, we have to think about it.

I hate to say it, but this Hawks team has reached its ceiling. No need to prolong the inevitable.

I hate to give you bad news, but Milsap has a player option after this season. We will be in the same boat again with him after the season and could face the fact of loosing Jim for nothing.

DS is my favorite Hawk! However he and Milsap likely carry the most value for a maximum return.

If Boston said to have interest in Milsap is willing to part with BKs 2017 & 2018 1rst round picks it has to be strongly considered.

If Philly who have already made a sting offer for DS are willing to part with Noles and the height of their two first in 2018 it has to be considered.

If Orl who has shown interest in nearly every Hawk is willing to part with the two 2018 picks they have, we have to think about it.

I hate to say it, but this Hawks team has reached its ceiling. No need to prolong the inevitable.
    Getting rid of every player who is any good is never, never the answer. You always need to keep some players you can build around or have them build around a superstar.

Heck, we are just a superstar away from a NBA title. Truly. Blowing up a team that won 60 games last year makes zero sense and is always the wrong answer.

Getting rid of every player who is any good is never, never the answer. You always need to keep some players you can build around or have them build around a superstar.

Heck, we are just a superstar away from a NBA title. Truly. Blowing up a team that won 60 games last year makes zero sense and is always the wrong answer.
    That was last season, this season we won 48, do see the direction it's headed. Again if you pay Al the max, you can't pay a superstar. If you let Al walk, outside of possibly Howard, a superstar comin via free agency isn't likely. It's a no win situation. Do you keep them together, watch them age and become what BK became?

Without a major trade, we can't get better! I know it sucks, but it's true. Right now I'd bet JT or DS are traded during the draft.

Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast