Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1611
    We need a significant upgrade not these 2 star players that other team didn't want, and again we keep saying next year next year wait to free agency to sign more of the same players that play the same position. I hope I'm not the only fan that feels that every year the same BS. We have 5PF's and 6 SG/SF it makes no sense to me get a legit line up to throw on the floor so we can compete for more than a playoff as whipping SMH

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    We need a significant upgrade not these 2 star players that other team didn't want, and again we keep saying next year next year wait to free agency to sign more of the same players that play the same position. I hope I'm not the only fan that feels that every year the same BS. We have 5PF's and 6 SG/SF it makes no sense to me get a legit line up to throw on the floor so we can compete for more than a playoff as whipping SMH
    I'm with you, gets tiring.

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

I was reading 'Atlanta Hawks Rumors: Greg Monroe, Lance Stephenson could be targets' on FanSided for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too. http://fansided.com/2014/07/14/atlanta-hawks-rumors-greg-monroe-lance-stephenson-targets/

AT this point t looks like we'll be banking on the Nets sucking and taking there pick to find our star. Which is a reason to make the play-offs so the have one more team to beat out. I'm still in favor of signing Monroe, Turner, and Randolph to see if we can finally get that untapped talent out of him. Not as high on Lance because of the antics, but I do agree he is a player that could be a fringe star if he can ever get it together. Monroe is the only one I would sign for more than 10 mil per and more then 2 years..

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    AT this point t looks like we'll be banking on the Nets sucking and taking there pick to find our star. Which is a reason to make the play-offs so the have one more team to beat out. I'm still in favor of signing Monroe, Turner, and Randolph to see if we can finally get that untapped talent out of him. Not as high on Lance because of the antics, but I do agree he is a player that could be a fringe star if he can ever get it together. Monroe is the only one I would sign for more than 10 mil per and more then 2 years..
    but my question is were do you play him do you bring Milsap off the bench and play Monroe at center or what again it's the same thing we get all of these tween er type guys to play on are team it seems crazy. It's like were stuck in that type of team build from when we drafted Sheldon Williams to Marvin to Al now Payne all guys who are realy just PF who you try to play in other positions oh and forgot JSmoove. And i will say i'm not mad at the thought of lance because we need that guy who can create and get to the bucket to get that slash and pass offense going like the spurs
    I Bleed BLACK & GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by D-Cord916 View Post
    I was reading 'Atlanta Hawks Rumors: Greg Monroe, Lance Stephenson could be targets' on FanSided for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too. http://fansided.com/2014/07/14/atlan...enson-targets/
    I want either one at this point. Starting giving them offers Ferry!

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    but my question is were do you play him do you bring Milsap off the bench and play Monroe at center or what again it's the same thing we get all of these tween er type guys to play on are team it seems crazy. It's like were stuck in that type of team build from when we drafted Sheldon Williams to Marvin to Al now Payne all guys who are realy just PF who you try to play in other positions oh and forgot JSmoove. And i will say i'm not mad at the thought of lance because we need that guy who can create and get to the bucket to get that slash and pass offense going like the spurs
    I do believe Monroe is a center that can play the 4 as he did last season ( Ala Tim Duncan). No I'm not saying he is Tim, but he can do some of the same things Tim does. So I would be very comfortable with him at the 5.

It is my belief with a Monroe signing that Al or Paul will be traded. If not remember Paul is only signed through this season, so it's not really blocking anyone to me. And Monroe can actually score when Sheldon could not.

Last Ferry cleared that cap room with someone mind. If it wasn't LBJ, Melo, or Bosh and the Hawks didn't have conversations with any of them to my knowledge, do you think Deng was the only plan? I think he still has a move left and I do believe it's Monroe.

Now this new Boozer rumor.......

I know he went to Duke and be effective in a smaller role for the Hawks . However of we are not making a trade, I don't see where he fits.

Boozer is useless to the long term (why not develop Payne instead of wasting another 1st round pick?), unless like you said, a trade follows. Millsap's future to the team needs to be figured out soon. Does the Hawks want to pay him and pretty much tie up the cap space on Teague/Horford/Millsap or do they want to lose him for nothing? Need to trade him now for highest value.

We still need a starting wing IMO. Also hopefully Dennis is our long term PG, but is Teague who we go with at PG now? Horford still at C, and if so, we still need depth there just in case Horford gets hurt again. So many questions still needing an answer (on top of it all, still need the franchise player), so the team isn't anywhere near contender.

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

I'm just confused. Why not make parsons an offer? The worst he can say is no. I still don't understand the need / want for Monroe. If Heyward gets a max, then Monroe will be getting very close to a max. I don't see the hawks opening the piggy bank for a need that we don't need at the moment. We might as well save the money for next year.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I'm just confused. Why not make parsons an offer? The worst he can say is no. I still don't understand the need / want for Monroe. If Heyward gets a max, then Monroe will be getting very close to a max. I don't see the hawks opening the piggy bank for a need that we don't need at the moment. We might as well save the money for next year.
    Parsons has signed.

Monroe won't get the Max. He's a low post scorer, how long has it been since we've had one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Parsons has signed.

Monroe won't get the Max. He's a low post scorer, how long has it been since we've had one of those?
    I realize that I'm confused as to why we didn't offer him a contract.

And it's not really farfetched that Monroe will get a max deal. I'd be surprised if he didn't. Parsons got 45 and Heyward got 63. Monroe will get 63 or somewhere in between 45 and 63. Ferry doesn't seem willing to spend big money.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

I realize that I'm confused as to why we didn't offer him a contract.

And it's not really farfetched that Monroe will get a max deal. I'd be surprised if he didn't. Parsons got 45 and Heyward got 63. Monroe will get 63 or somewhere in between 45 and 63. Ferry doesn't seem willing to spend big money.
    From what the article says...... ferry is reluctant to give a player he doesn't see as a star over 10 mil per. I like Parsons a lot, but I don't think he's a star, so once Parsons got to the 15 mil range, it was not in line with what the article said.

I do think Moneoe can be A fringe star. He's a big that can post and demand a double team. However he is not a star right now! I personally would not go to 15 mil per unles it's front loaded to get Det not to match. 15 the first season and going down from there is doable ( that's what I mean by front loading) but per is not for me and I don't think he will get that. Missed in all the talk around the NBA about lack of low post scores, is the fact that you have to have a system that allows for that. We have that system! Det like other teams do not.

I wonder if that 'Ferry won't pay someone 10+ mil unless they are a franchise player' will be fact when the Hawks' treadmill self faces Millsap's free agency. Can't wait to see what happens, will we go back to becoming the 'we love our core' Hawks and try their best to spin Millsap as a 'franchise guy' or will they grow a set and improve the team by saying 'pass'?

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I wonder if that 'Ferry won't pay someone 10+ mil unless they are a franchise player' will be fact when the Hawks' treadmill self faces Millsap's free agency. Can't wait to see what happens, will we go back to becoming the 'we love our core' Hawks and try their best to spin Millsap as a 'franchise guy' or will they grow a set and improve the team by saying 'pass'?
    Very good question. IDK, maybe that only applies to players fro other teams?

Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast