Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1611
    I'm really not a fan of getting Deng, trading to help Cavs get Lebron, or signing the Bazemore level players. We need impact players in our starting line-up. Hard to find a franchise player while discussing deals with players coming from a tanking Lakers squad, or listening to the demands of a 30+ year old wing player, or discussing trade ideas to help make other teams title contenders. Then again, that's the Hawks.

But seriously, does anyone else have that sinking feeling with this team? Like you could trade away the entire roster, start from scratch, and feel we would be pretty much in the same situation? I would trade this entire roster for a franchise player and a new start in the right direction. Getting really frustrated.

I'm at the point where I would be most excited if we signed Lance, after hearing all the other rumors.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-07-2014 at 07:47 PM.

I really like everything that Ferry has done. He's built a good team with lots of flexibility to make a trade for someone when it arises. He hasn't given anyone a bad contract, and like SB said, he likes to stick to his guns on what he thinks a player is worth. No superstar is signing here, unless we trade for him and he re-signs. So I'll take a good team with cap flex to make that trade any day.

I'd be open to helping the Cavs shed cap if they want to trade Waiters.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

That's the problem with the nba. 9 teams have won the last 27 championships. So basically a few teams have all the fun. The nba is not really doing so hot for that reason. Most fan bases have absolutely no hope.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Today is the day....

I think we make Monroe an offer.

Also with news that the Bucks are still interested in JT.... Would you offer JT for the Greek Freak and a pick? Not A star, but he does have a chance of developing into one in the mold of Paul George.

Mack/ Schroeder
    Korver/ Jenkins
    Freak/ Milsap/ the rookie
    Horfod/ Milsap/ the rookie
    Monroe/ Art

Wow the Greek Freak is gonna be special. I think it would take way more than Jeff Teague to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Wow the Greek Freak is gonna be special. I think it would take way more than Jeff Teague to land him.
    I like the Freak and like what I have seen of him, but he hasn't proven much yet. JT should have been an AS, so the risk is all on ATL.

Also Freak and Parker will ultimately end up playing the same position.

I think now with Parsons getting an offer from the Mavs, we need to strike on Lance before Lakers, Pacers. I would rather overpay a younger, more talented, and still potential player instead of overpaying Deng/Ariza.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I like the Freak and like what I have seen of him, but he hasn't proven much yet. JT should have been an AS, so the risk is all on ATL.

Also Freak and Parker will ultimately end up playing the same position.
    The freak could turn into the next Durant. That's his ceiling. It doesn't matter if he actually does, but potential is everything to teams like the bucks and hawks. The bucks would be silly to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I think now with Parsons getting an offer from the Mavs, we need to strike on Lance before Lakers, Pacers. I would rather overpay a younger, more talented, and still potential player instead of overpaying Deng/Ariza.
    Well I'm disappointed the hawks didn't make him an offer. I'm not sure why the hawks are pushing so hard for deng when there is a younger, better version of deng that could cost only slightly more.

Pistons appear to be putting together a 5/60 deal for Monroe so cross him off the list.

Parsons got way too much if that 3yr $46mil is the deal. $15mil/yr... No thank you. Ferry keeps proving he won't overpay. The Greek Freak would be interesting, lots of star potential and might be worth the risk of seeing if he can tap in to it.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

The freak could turn into the next Durant. That's his ceiling. It doesn't matter if he actually does, but potential is everything to teams like the bucks and hawks. The bucks would be silly to trade him.
    Again, I like the kid...... But his ceiling is no where in that stratosphere.... I'm surprised you would say that, KD is the 2nd best player in the NBA, Greek Freak does not have that type of talent. Paul George is his ceiling.

Parker's ceiling is a lot higher and he doesn't have KD talent or ceiling. I can except you don't think the Bucks will do the trade...... But do you honestly think his talent is on par with KD?

Well I'm disappointed the hawks didn't make him an offer. I'm not sure why the hawks are pushing so hard for deng when there is a younger, better version of deng that could cost only slightly more.
    I like Parsons, he was one of my top hawks targets. However..... 15 mil per with a player option.... I would not have done! Parsons is good, however the price was to high IMHO.

From the reports I've read DF's only offering Deng 10 per for 3.

Pistons appear to be putting together a 5/60 deal for Monroe so cross him off the list.
    I'd do 12 per....... I don't think he's off the list. It would depend on how the Hawks structured it..... If they front load it, Det may have a hard time matching it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121 View Post
    Parsons got way too much if that 3yr $46mil is the deal. $15mil/yr... No thank you. Ferry keeps proving he won't overpay. The Greek Freak would be interesting, lots of star potential and might be worth the risk of seeing if he can tap in to it.
    I agree!

Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast