Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1611
    Thabo is nothing special but I understand we need a solid wing defender..We still need to make a big move somehow some way...Fan of sap but hes the one id use as a trade chip.

If I were ferry my top targets would be..

1.Bledsoe(Max Offer/4yrs)
    2.Stephenson(10mil/4yrs)
    3.Deng(10mil/3yrs)

Need a wing who can score in the worst way..

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Looks like we have Sefolosha now. I still expect a big move though (trade most likely, with the logjam of PFs we have, Salmons contract period being extended, and the cap space we still have).
    Not a bad signing. He's a guy who can knock down the open 3 and defend his *** off.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Thabo is nothing special but I understand we need a solid wing defender..We still need to make a big move somehow some way...Fan of sap but hes the one id use as a trade chip.

If I were ferry my top targets would be..

1.Bledsoe(Max Offer/4yrs)
    2.Stephenson(10mil/4yrs)
    3.Deng(10mil/3yrs)

Need a wing who can score in the worst way..
    I would not offer Bledsoe the MAX and I really like him as a player. He's only 6'1 and not a pure point by any stretch of the imagination. A back court of him and JT would get abused defensively. Unless you are planning on trading JT and bringing in a point forward, I don't see the fit for the Hawks. Stephenson and Dengs contracts are fair IMHO.

Don't let the height fool you on Bledsoe..He's a great defender, which is why he was the starting 2 on the suns...Plus he can create his own shot and is on his way to being a star

A Few guys I would like: Bledsoe, Lance, Love (my #1 want), even Thomas (though that means the end of Teague here, which means another trade for something else). Of course anybody would welcome Melo or Lebron, but back to reality.

I'm not sold on Deng coming here, assuming he gets a 10+ a year deal. Teague/Korver/Deng/Millsap/Horford doesn't scream championship to me, so locking up Deng like that, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Don't let the height fool you on Bledsoe..He's a great defender, which is why he was the starting 2 on the suns...Plus he can create his own shot and is on his way to being a star
    It's not that I don't like him, cause I do. He's a baller! But he's a two trapped in a ones body. If you can get a bigger point that can guard the two's, cool. But you can't coach height! And I saw PHX get hurt with that VS bigger back courts last year, I don't want to see that happen night after night to our Hawks.

why are we being linked to deng and not parsons? If Melo or Bosh ends up in houston, parsons may be obtainable. I feel like he'd be perfect in our lineup. Sign Parsons this year, get Osik next year.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    why are we being linked to deng and not parsons? If Melo or Bosh ends up in houston, parsons may be obtainable. I feel like he'd be perfect in our lineup. Sign Parsons this year, get Osik next year.
    Only thing I can guess is our boi Parsons would require more of a commitment ( years and money). It's still early though. I don't expect the Hawks to do to much until LBJ, Melo, and Monroe have signed.
    Last edited by SB75; 07-04-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spell check is a *****

I think Parsons is the fall back plan for everyone that doesn't get LeBron or Melo. I think he's the guy that someone is going to overpay for this Free Agency. He'd be an excellent fit on our team and, besides the previously mentioned, would be the guy I'd want first. But, I don't see us paying what I think it will take.

As unexciting as Deng is, his style of play fits in very well with our system and he is a team first player. He's also good friends with Thabo and Kyle going back to their Bulls days. I wish he were younger, but I don't have a problem signing him. I think our only way of getting a star is by taking a chance on a potential star through trade, and drafting Payne made both Paul and Al available in the right deal.
    Last edited by bmac_121; 07-04-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

I think Parsons fits what this teams likes to do like a glove. No Parsons is not a super star, but he is a young talented player that has room to get even better. People always hollering about getting a superstar..SHUTUP ALREADY. Everbody is trying acquire a "superstar" and it aint like the league has an excess amount of them. Good GM's focus on acquiring talent and maintaining roster flexibility and when a situation presents itself, then push your cards forward to acquire elite talent (ala Houston Rockets).
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

Plus if we had parsons we'd be the hottest team in the league. Parsons, korver and al would bring the *****es in. No homo tho.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Do you guys know if Mike Scott has gotten any looks from anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson4Heisman View Post
    Do you guys know if Mike Scott has gotten any looks from anyone else?
    Nothing yet that I have seen.

Luol Deng is apparently sticking to his desire for $12MM per season, notes Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio (Twitter link). Deng has spoken with the Heat who are unsure about how much cap space they will have until LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade make their decisions, and the Hawks who are currently unwilling to pay that amount, according to the tweet. Deng’s best chance might be with the Mavericks who he is scheduled to meet with soon, opines Amico.
    Ferry seems to stick to his guns on what he thinks players are worth.

July 7, 2014 Updates

Kent Bazemore met with the Hawks in Atlanta Monday. However, no deal is imminent for the free agent. Bazemore has reportedly drawn interest in several other teams and has additional visits scheduled. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Kent Bazemore
    Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Ken Berger: Atlanta is among the teams the Cavs have recruited to take Marcus Thornton from Nets in deal that would unload Jarrett Jack, source says. Twitter @KBergCBS

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, Trade, Jarrett Jack, Marcus Thornton

Ken Berger: Cavs engaged Hawks in trade talks about a week ago, source says. Clearing Jack's $6.3m salary is key to opening max slot for LeBron. Twitter @KBergCBS

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, Trade, Jarrett Jack, Marcus Thornton

Ken Berger: The Hawks, also in the mix for Bulls free agent Luol Deng, have not shown much interest in taking on Thornton's contract, source says. Twitter @KBergCBS

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, Free Agency, Trade, Luol Deng, Jarrett Jack, Marcus
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/atla....uGl1qPDr.dpuf

If the Hawks moved Lou to create more salary cap space, why take Thorton?
    Last edited by SB75; 07-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast