Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1611
    This all might not matter as there is rumors of a Monroe - Ryan Anderson swap. NO could have Davis, Asik and Monroe.

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

Just say no to Monroe. There is no need for him. You may think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't mind making a run at Stephenson.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Just say no to Monroe. There is no need for him. You may think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't mind making a run at Stephenson.
    I'm open to Stephenson as well. Monroe is interesting as he is young and has size, but a center that doesn't play defense, no thanks. I wish we had Drummond.

But yeah, back to Stephenson. I like players who gets underneath the skin of opposing players on defense (Lance) and guys who are monsters on the glass (Love). Which is why I want those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Debating Horford vs Monroe, Horford is alot closer to Monroe offensively (Horford even averages more points) than Monroe is to Horford defensively. Monroe is bad on defense, as a center with no shot blocker next to him, to me you might as well keep the Horford/Millsap duo. Monroe has potential to be better but I don't think he takes this team any better than what we could have been last year with a healthy Horford alongside Millsap.

Also if people like to say Love's production is because of him playing on bad teams, what about Monroe, who doesn't have anywhere near Love's production but both on bad teams (also opposing teams would more likely focus more on stopping Love on a bad team than Monroe)? Both are bad defenders, but Love is the best rebounder in the league, as well as averaging 11 more points than Monroe. Getting Monroe shouldn't be top priority IMO, as we need to grab someone who is an upgrade over anyone on our team. Horford shouldn't be our best player after talking big the last 2 off-seasons on trying to get a star.

Heat and Bulls trying to get better, we have no chance if Deng or Monroe is our catch this off-season. Now Monroe added to the 'catch' in the form of a better player (Melo + Monroe, Love + Monroe, which both of those would make our defense horrible btw, just examples), then I would feel better.
    Monroe is a big that plays in the post and demands a double team, which should theoretically open up the floor for others. Al is pick and pop. Monroe is better offensively because he can create his own offense. Where as Al is somewhat limited in that department. No Monroe isn't anything special defensively, but he's not Kevin Love on defense either!

Monroe would provide something we have had not had here in a longtime now. Monroe wasn't the focal point of that offense ( He should have been though), like Kevin is in Minn. So while Kevin's numbers somewhat succeed the actual value that we put on them, I don't feel the same way about Greg's. He only avg like 12 shots a game. That number is not jumping when they are up or down.

I'm not saying dude is the be all end all. Just that he adds a wrinkle that we don't have. Outside of LBJ, I think he is the FA that helps our team the most on the court.

Fan of sap but if the deal is milsap for Monroe, im taking it...If they were the same age it would be a different story but reality is, Monroe is on the front 9 and milsap is on the back 9..Metaphorically speaking..lol

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Fan of sap but if the deal is milsap for Monroe, im taking it...If they were the same age it would be a different story but reality is, Monroe is on the front 9 and milsap is on the back 9..Metaphorically speaking..lol
    So why in the world would the pistons , who are no where close to winning anything, make that trade?
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

So why in the world would the pistons , who are no where close to winning anything, make that trade?
    They might not but getting back something is better than letting him walk free..Plus millie an allstar and his money comes off the books next year.

I don't know that they would. But hypothetically speaking..... The Hawks should have the room to sign him outright, so Det if it can't match, may take what they can get for him.

Hey guys, been a while.

Been seeing some reports saying that the Cavs view Wiggins as a SG, not a SF, which would make Dion Waiters available. Would anyone of you all want him on our team? I think it'd be a nice addition, lots of talent and I think he compares favorably to a James Harden.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121 View Post
    Hey guys, been a while.

Been seeing some reports saying that the Cavs view Wiggins as a SG, not a SF, which would make Dion Waiters available. Would anyone of you all want him on our team? I think it'd be a nice addition, lots of talent and I think he compares favorably to a James Harden.
    They are also trying to sign Gordon Heyward, so it does look as if he's available. It depends on what they want in return.

How many of us would welcome Lance to the team?

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

What about looking at Evan Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Cord916 View Post
    What about looking at Evan Turner?
    That's what I keep saying! He can do a little of everything, plus he's a very good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    How many of us would welcome Lance to the team?
    Not against Lance, But I do worry about his antics around our young players.

Looks like we have Sefolosha now. I still expect a big move though (trade most likely, with the logjam of PFs we have, Salmons contract period being extended, and the cap space we still have).

Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast