Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1611
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

One strong candidate for that $15M-plus of fresh salary cap space in Atlanta, league sources tell Yahoo: Free agent forward Luol Deng.

He's a solid starter, above average defender and can knock down the 3 ball. good fit for us in my opinion

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

One strong candidate for that $15M-plus of fresh salary cap space in Atlanta, league sources tell Yahoo: Free agent forward Luol Deng.

He's a solid starter, above average defender and can knock down the 3 ball. good fit for us in my opinion
    I think Parsons is a better fit and younger, but adding him and a healthy Al make us a top 4 team in the east.

Overall.... Not the player I want though. I hope this is not our big move.

Anyone find it weird that we didn't receive a future pick in this deal?

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

Hawks clearly dumping salary for the forthcoming Lebron and melo signings
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I think Parsons is a better fit and younger, but adding him and a healthy Al make us a top 4 team in the east.

Overall.... Not the player I want though. I hope this is not our big move.
    If Deng is our big move, it will be the same ol' Hawks wanting to stay 4th-5th seed in the East, so nothing shocking. Shocking to me would be if we land a superstar or even potential like Bledsoe. I would offer him a lot of money before most of these FA wings.

Ferry and Salmons agreed to extend the period in deciding on waiving him or not which must mean he will be used as a salary dump in a trade IMO.

Only star potential out there in a trade is Kevin Love, and I would love to have him (obviously not a #1 but he will be the best player on our team day 1). But what would it cost? Wolves might want Millsap and our rookie to end up replacing Millsap, plus maybe a draft pick + filler. Would you guys do it?

Horford and Love could be interesting and we will still have cap to go after Melo.

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

Yes. Neither kevin love nor melo would win us a championship, but they'd give atl hawks basketball some life... Some desperately needed life.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Sign & Trade ...Atlanta gets Greg Monroe, Detroit gets Paul Milsap!

Then hawks sign luol deng....

Teague
    Korver
    Deng
    Horford
    Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Yes. Neither kevin love nor melo would win us a championship, but they'd give atl hawks basketball some life... Some desperately needed life.
    We need hope. Names like Love and Melo at least gets the fans to come to the damn games. It also helps us finally become 'legit' by the league and media, to most importantly get the 'star calls' during games which helps contenders win games.

Even if Melo is a dream, a Teague/Korver/Deng/Love/Horford is strongly better than what we have had and can wreck havoc in the East if Heat doesn't get bigger. Also trading for Love can put us in a better position to keep luring stars to the Hawks. Love on a winning team will make him a bigger star.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Sign & Trade ...Atlanta gets Greg Monroe, Detroit gets Paul Milsap!
    Interesting....

Three teams, in fact, have quickly emerged as serious bidders for Monroe, according to sources close to the process: Atlanta, Orlando and Portland. ESPN.com
    Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers, Free Agency, Greg Monroe
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.UlFXM6PC.dpuf

If I was Detroit, if Portland is offering Batum, I'm taking it. Will be hard to get Monroe with an expiring Millsap or Horford (who I wouldn't trade for Monroe tbh). I would trade Horford for Love but think Horford is much better than Monroe to a team, our team.

We can keep switching around our PFs though all we want, The PG, SG, and most of all SF positions are the positions we need to look at. But first, WE NEED A STAR PLAYER. A guy that will come in this summer and instantly be the best player on the team. If we get Monroe, that's cool, but Horford would still be our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    If I was Detroit, if Portland is offering Batum, I'm taking it. Will be hard to get Monroe with an expiring Millsap or Horford (who I wouldn't trade for Monroe tbh). I would trade Horford for Love but think Horford is much better than Monroe to a team, our team.

We can keep switching around our PFs though all we want, The PG, SG, and most of all SF positions are the positions we need to look at. But first, WE NEED A STAR PLAYER. A guy that will come in this summer and instantly be the best player on the team. If we get Monroe, that's cool, but Horford would still be our best player.
    Horford is better defensively, but Monroe is better offensively....... I think it's a coin flip to be honest. What we like 15 mil under the cap after we cut Salmons? If you can get Monroe at somewhere between 12-13 mil per, I think we do it. If you can move Milsap and only take back picks, you could still hypothetically still offer Melo a deal as well. And While i think Melo is a tad over rated a team that has...

JT/Schroder
    Korver/ Jenkins
    Melo/????
    Horford/Antic
    Moroe/ Antic

Is a team that I think can be very good and challenge in the East. You could even go after a guy we have not talked about much instead of Melo..... Evan Turner. I'm fine with Monroe being our big move. He's not going to get a max deal and he's a big that actually plays in the post. I would only trade Al if it where to open up money to sign a major FA or to bring back a younger player that has more potential than AL.

Debating Horford vs Monroe, Horford is alot closer to Monroe offensively (Horford even averages more points) than Monroe is to Horford defensively. Monroe is bad on defense, as a center with no shot blocker next to him, to me you might as well keep the Horford/Millsap duo. Monroe has potential to be better but I don't think he takes this team any better than what we could have been last year with a healthy Horford alongside Millsap.

Also if people like to say Love's production is because of him playing on bad teams, what about Monroe, who doesn't have anywhere near Love's production but both on bad teams (also opposing teams would more likely focus more on stopping Love on a bad team than Monroe)? Both are bad defenders, but Love is the best rebounder in the league, as well as averaging 11 more points than Monroe. Getting Monroe shouldn't be top priority IMO, as we need to grab someone who is an upgrade over anyone on our team. Horford shouldn't be our best player after talking big the last 2 off-seasons on trying to get a star.

Heat and Bulls trying to get better, we have no chance if Deng or Monroe is our catch this off-season. Now Monroe added to the 'catch' in the form of a better player (Melo + Monroe, Love + Monroe, which both of those would make our defense horrible btw, just examples), then I would feel better.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-01-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast