Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1611
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,397
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    cant say Im happy with our draft. A trade has to be coming!
    Me neither. Not a fan of stretch bigs, and that is obviously our game with how many we have. Our wing depth is a joke. We better not be putting all of our dreams into the Melo/Lebron chase, because we really know how that will turn out.

    I can maybe see us trying to throw out a contract to Parsons and see if Houston matches before hearing from Melo, but I think we might just get stuck signing Deng and shoot for a middle of the pack team again. Go Hawks!?!

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Same here. Love the Westbrook comparisons.
    Yeah brought up Parsons a little while ago, he's #3 on my list behind LBJ and Monroe ( sorry Melo)......, I'd be happy if the Hawks offered parsons and Monroe contracts on the first day of F/A and then tried to trade for a star.

    Correct me if I'm wrong..... Can't draft picks still be traded as long as they have not signed?

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Also ..... Livine wasn't happy at all! I'd give Minn a call.

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    345
    Did not like the draft..But signing a couple wings in free agency would change my mind..I do like the stash pick walter..Payne will be a good player and I think Patterson will be a surprise..I just was hoping for a wing.

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Just a question.....,

    With all the talk about Love to the Cavs.... If they are not trading Wiggins in a package for Love, who are they trading? If they are willing to trade Wiggins in a package, why don't we get enclosed?

    Hawks get:
    Wiggins
    Livine
    Jack

    Wolves get:
    Horford
    Future first from Cle

    Cavs get:
    Love
    Korver ( sorry Kyle)

    This would make room for us to go after Parsons and Monroe.
    JT/ wiggins/ Parsons/ Milsaps/Monroe

    Irving/Korver/LBJ/Love/V

    Rubio/???/???/Horfod/???

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,251
    I wanted James Young..with this I share.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    16
    Ok let's make this clear:

    LeBron/Melo will never ever come to Atlanta, sorry y'all. It just isn't happening. However, Parsons is the perfect fit to play here. I do not believe we will be able to get very good value for Horford, due his injury history. So I'd rather keep him, and sign Parsons or Stephenson. On the draft, I'm guessing y'all have never watched Payne play-- the dude is a baller. He was the best player available, so I'm glad we took him. Could see him being a Ibaka type guy.

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruey View Post
    Ok let's make this clear:

    LeBron/Melo will never ever come to Atlanta, sorry y'all. It just isn't happening. However, Parsons is the perfect fit to play here. I do not believe we will be able to get very good value for Horford, due his injury history. So I'd rather keep him, and sign Parsons or Stephenson. On the draft, I'm guessing y'all have never watched Payne play-- the dude is a baller. He was the best player available, so I'm glad we took him. Could see him being a Ibaka type guy.
    My friend, you are new here..... Welcome and please post often. We all understand that you don't think they are coming, but there was a report on it and we are just commenting on the report. It's always easier to say it's not or won't happen because most rumors are just that rumors. I don't really see the Melo fit myself in the offense coach Bud's running, however if the rumor is legit, it's interesting to comment on.

    LBJ and Ferry have a history so I expect he will at least listen to what Ferry has to say. I to have brought up Parsons and think he could be an excellent fit. A more athletic ( less lethal) version of Kover.

    You are right, most of us have not seen the kid play. However most of us also understand we need a star and this kid is not that. I don't think any of us are knocking the kid, just that most of us wanted to trade up and draft a player with star talent.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Well on to next Years draft.......

    We still have the right to swap with BK, so lets hope the suck. The kids I'll be keeping an eye on are....

    C Jahil Okaror Duke
    SG/SF Stanley Johnson Arizona
    PG Emanuel Mudiay SMU
    C Karl Towns Kentucky

    Really intrigued by Mudiy. They are calling him John Wall with A jump shot.

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    My friend, you are new here..... Welcome and please post often. We all understand that you don't think they are coming, but there was a report on it and we are just commenting on the report. It's always easier to say it's not or won't happen because most rumors are just that rumors. I don't really see the Melo fit myself in the offense coach Bud's running, however if the rumor is legit, it's interesting to comment on.

    LBJ and Ferry have a history so I expect he will at least listen to what Ferry has to say. I to have brought up Parsons and think he could be an excellent fit. A more athletic ( less lethal) version of Kover.

    You are right, most of us have not seen the kid play. However most of us also understand we need a star and this kid is not that. I don't think any of us are knocking the kid, just that most of us wanted to trade up and draft a player with star talent.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Personally, I think Carmelo is extremely overrated. I would rather not throw a max deal at him. If he puts up 50, the guy he is guarding will put up 45. He couldn't even get the Knicks to playoffs in the Eastern conference. I'd obviously love for LeBron to come here, but obviously it is not going to happen unless something crazy happens.

    In the NBA, there are in my opinion, only around 10 true superstars. It's very hard to find a star without a lottery pick in the draft, so I'm appalled that a guy of Payne's caliber was available at our pick. Moreover, if we could add a guy like Parsons, who is very young and a great shooter-- I could see us making a legit push for a top 4 seed in the East and perhaps a run in the playoffs. Because lets face it, the East is trash and a healthy Horford + Parsons or Stephenson would give the Hawks one of the best starting 5's in the East.

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruey View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Personally, I think Carmelo is extremely overrated. I would rather not throw a max deal at him. If he puts up 50, the guy he is guarding will put up 45. He couldn't even get the Knicks to playoffs in the Eastern conference. I'd obviously love for LeBron to come here, but obviously it is not going to happen unless something crazy happens.

    In the NBA, there are in my opinion, only around 10 true superstars. It's very hard to find a star without a lottery pick in the draft, so I'm appalled that a guy of Payne's caliber was available at our pick. Moreover, if we could add a guy like Parsons, who is very young and a great shooter-- I could see us making a legit push for a top 4 seed in the East and perhaps a run in the playoffs. Because lets face it, the East is trash and a healthy Horford + Parsons or Stephenson would give the Hawks one of the best starting 5's in the East.
    You and I are going to get along just fine. I to think Melo is at least a little over rated. I'm not against him because he is a big name that would bring fans to the game, media attention, and possibly other good players that would want to play with him. However I agree Parsons maybe the better fit for our offense.

    It is extremely difficult to find a star! That's why I'm in favor of trading up in the draft and taking the chance. If this kid is what you say he is, he could be Horford or Milsaps replacement.

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    The Hawks were a team that was hoping to use their first round pick as part of a trade package that would net them a more established player. Unable to do that, the team picked up a nice player in Payne, a stretch four who can help the team out in a number of areas. He’s a bit of a luxury pick for next season considering Paul Millsap is still around, but he’s unlikely to sign as team friendly a deal on his next contract, so in Payne they nab a competent replacement. The only real knock on Payne is that he’s 23 years old, which doesn’t give him as high a ceiling as some of the other prospects in the draft.
    I wonder what player we targeted?

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    16
    Well we just got John Salmons for Lou & some prospect. Salary dump.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,397
    Salmons will be waived I believe. Only cost us 1 mil if we do. Cap move here. Well done.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,397
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I wonder what player we targeted?
    We are trying, I give Ferry that. Hopefully we get a star this summer.

Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •