Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Please actually think about the entire concept before replying.....

This would be a lot to give up, but it has been a very long time since we have had a true superstar. It would also give us more cap room to add a big ( Greg Monroe) piece. Talked with a Cavs fan and his thought is it would take both. Would you as Hawks fan be willing to trade Horford and JT to the Cavs for a package that brought back Kyrie?

As of right now, I'm still accessing value. Looking at what the Hornets got for CP3 and what OKC got for Harden as principles in there deals.
    So what is your point?

Make a definitive statement.

•The Hawks have shown interest in possibly signing free agents Spencer Hawes, Trevor Ariza, and Jordan Hill, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio (Twitter link).
    Ariza would fit in very nicely at the 2 or 3 for the Hawks. I wouldn't be surprised if he's near the top of the Hawks FA wish list. I like Jordan Hill, just not sure where he fits if the Hawks plan on Keeping both Milsap and Horford and plan to bring back Scott and they bring in the kid we drafted last year from over seas. Hawes could step in and start at center for the Hawks, which would bring Milsap off the bench if Al or Paul are not traded. But it's the same problem as above. How do we use him if we are bringing everyone back and bringing over the kid?

Curious to see who Ferry gets in the draft. I see every position being an option, except maybe pg.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

I think Horford is str8 whether he plays the 4 or the 5. Thing is, I think Milsap is much more impactful when he plays the 4 and not as impactful when he plays the 3. Korver and Carroll both better suited to play the 3. This team definitely needs a dynamic 2 guard. I'm just waiting to see what type of addition Ferry makes..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

With news that the Sixers may be willing to trade MCW( a guy I wanted to move up in the draft last year to get), what would you offer for him? He and JT would look good in the back court together. MCW could run the offense while guardian twos and JT could guard the ones while attacking more on offense.

Millsap+2 1st for a top 3 pick?

Add dennis if that's what it takes...Need a star!

Do yall think that trade is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Millsap+2 1st for a top 3 pick?

Add dennis if that's what it takes...Need a star!

Do yall think that trade is possible?
    I agree we need A star, but with Milsaps contract up at the end of next season, I don't think he gets us into the top 3.

Would you trade Al for a top 3 pick?

Then maybe go after Evan Turner to run the point from the 2 guard position and Greg Monroe to play center. Or Livingston and Gortrat as plan B.

Westbrook/Schroder
    Turner/Williams
    Kover/Jones
    Horford/Lucas
    Monroe/Antic

I agree we need A star, but with Milsaps contract up at the end of next season, I don't think he gets us into the top 3.

Would you trade Al for a top 3 pick?

Would be very difficult to pull the trigger...Wiggins would make me consider it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    Would be very difficult to pull the trigger...Wiggins would make me consider it though.
    I agree. It's a huge risk, Wiggins, the center, and Exum would make me consider the move. I think Parker and Smart will both be good players, but I would not consider the move for them.

As much as I like Horford, I would trade him for the #1 pick. Cavs would think hard about that too, as it will most likely give them a playoff team finally, and could still try to get Lebron back.

We need to get a superstar anyway possible. Wiggins could be the ticket.

So is this a first? Are we as Hawks fans all agreeing we'd offer Horford as part of a package for the number one pick?

We know Sac had interest in JT last year..... If you are sold on DS taking over at some point..... Would you offer JT and our pick for Ben and Sac's pick?

We know Sac had interest in JT last year..... If you are sold on DS taking over at some point..... Would you offer JT and our pick for Ben and Sac's pick?
    Yes to that too.

Aside from those trade ideas, I would love to somehow get a Westbrook/Horford duo with offering a package including Teague, Millsap, maybe our draft pick as the starting points. I personally would try a Teague, Millsap, maybe even Korver for Westbrook and Perkins for cap purposes. Thunder would have a strong line-up with Teague/Korver/Durant/Millsap/Ibaka.

For us, Westbrook would be our star player (can play him and DS together) to go along with Horford. Perkins is a capable guy to plug in at center for a season and bring over Bebe to develop behind him. Draft a wing player and sign another guard free agent, we would have a capable roster.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 05-30-2014 at 07:09 PM.

What do you guys think of Gordon Hayward? He's an RFA that can play the 2 or 3.

Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast