Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4 View Post
    Hold that thought......
    Haha, don't worry, we all do it. Us Hawks fans see the most hot and cold players in the league, that you never know which player we actually have. Teague is playing well now.

That being said, Coach Bud is my favorite Hawk. We need to keep him for a long time. Only going to get better.

The only hole I see in regards to the team next year is a wing coming off the bench for the 2nd unit. I think Kyle Anderson from UCLA would be a good pick up for the Hawks at 15. Small forward that can pass and shoot who also has a great physical profile being 6'8 with 7'0+ wingspan.

Coach Bud has done one heck of a job and is Coach of the year IMHOP. He has made the Hawks good even with the lack of talent individualy. I don't think it will ne easy for LBJ to just blow us off when we call.

Hey guys, from the Chicago thread here.

Just wondering on what it would take in your opinions from the Bulls to get Al Horford.
    It hasn't been rumored or anything like that, I just enjoy the way Horford plays, and also played with Joakim at Florida, so I think he'd be a good fit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acemac23 View Post
    Hey guys, from the Chicago thread here.

Just wondering on what it would take in your opinions from the Bulls to get Al Horford.
    It hasn't been rumored or anything like that, I just enjoy the way Horford plays, and also played with Joakim at Florida, so I think he'd be a good fit.

Thanks
    IDK if Chi has the pieces. The simple answer would be Horfodr for Rose, but IDK that Chi would do that and I don't know if Atl would think Rose is healthy enough. A 3rd team could be needed.

Yeah, we won't be looking to unload our best player for scraps or anything like that. We are actually trying to find a star player to build around, and obviously, like trade ideas on forums, they usually don't end with both fans liking the idea. I don't see any trade idea involving Horford being a reality unless it nets us a foundation piece as well. Otherwise, what is the point in trading him, as we obviously are not looking to rebuild, or we would have gave the Knicks the playoff spot.

The only way I see a Hawks trade involving guys like Horford/Teague/etc is to package them for a better player (or a top draft pick). I don't see Ferry taking a step back to get younger with potential role players or mid-to late 1st round draft picks. We have no need to trade those guys, so could just wait until a franchise needs to trade another Harden and then strike. Westbrook is who I'm counting on personally. I think Teague/Millsap/Korver for Westbrook type deal would help both teams, giving the Thunder a better line-up (with no chemistry problems of who is the superstar, while still having production at the PG position, giving them someone who can actually score at the PF position, and one of the league's best 3 point shooters to space the floor). Hawks would get a franchise player to build around in Westbrook, and have a great 2nd option in Horford, which would suit Westbrook's style of play better than taking turns with Durant.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 04-27-2014 at 04:12 AM.

I said it early in the year that Ferry has definitely found him a coach, but I was uncertain of what direction he was going in roster wise. Today, I still feel like he nailed coach wise. I'm still curious which way he goes roster wise, but I don't see him unloading talented players(Horford/Teague/Milsap/Korver)for the sake of starting over, I'm sure he will want some young talented players and valuable draft picks in return. When this team is healthy what position Horford starts at, will give me an idea of direction Ferry is going in roster wise. I definitely feel this teams needs to acquire an athletic 2guard that can contribute on both ends of the floor.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Demarre Carrol does not come close to getting the credit he deserves for reinventing himself as a player. To me he should have won the MIP Award. The guy was a undersized 5 in college and came into the league as and undersized 4. Now Carrol has worked to become a consistent perimeter guy that is a legit rotation guy. Much respect to Carrol for working on his game and respect to Ferry for finding a diamond in the rough.

YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR HAT OFF TO COACH BUD!
    On a side note if the clips owner would have made those comments last year CP3 might have been A HAWK today. JT has played well, but imagining Paul in Coach system, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I said it early in the year that Ferry has definitely found him a coach, but I was uncertain of what direction he was going in roster wise. Today, I still feel like he nailed coach wise. I'm still curious which way he goes roster wise, but I don't see him unloading talented players(Horford/Teague/Milsap/Korver)for the sake of starting over, I'm sure he will want some young talented players and valuable draft picks in return. When this team is healthy what position Horford starts at, will give me an idea of direction Ferry is going in roster wise. I definitely feel this teams needs to acquire an athletic 2guard that can contribute on both ends of the floor.
    What do you think about making a run at Lance stephenson this offseason, depending on his price tag?

Pg- Teague
    Sg- Stephenson
    Sf- Korver
    Pf- Millsap
    C- Hotford
    with carrol, mike scott, pero, mack. Defenitely could compete with Miami

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    What do you think about making a run at Lance stephenson this offseason, depending on his price tag?

Pg- Teague
    Sg- Stephenson
    Sf- Korver
    Pf- Millsap
    C- Hotford
    with carrol, mike scott, pero, mack. Defenitely could compete with Miami
    Some people refer to Lance as a Weapon X type player, I refer to him as a Project X type player. I say that to say, I would have a hard time investing franchise player money on Lance. The Pacers have done a great job developing Lance and rehabilitating his image and behavior. If he stays out of trouble off the court and doesn't try to play beyond his talent, he could be a sweet pick-up. After he gets his money he could return to the hyper-selfish and trying to play waaay above his talent level Lance I saw when he played for the Cinn. Bearcats.

He could become the type of player I feel JR Smith could have became if he could get his act together and really honed & developed his talents or Lance could become what JR Smith is LoL. Bottom line, Lance is the ultimate "BOOM OR BUST" type of FA signing.

Yeah, I would rather see what type of wing we can get in the draft. We need a scorer. In free agency, need to find some depth at center.

There has also been reports about Lance being one of the main guys causing the teams internal rift, take that for what its worth.

Thoughts about Hawks possibly being interested in Monroe?

Monroe would be ****ing awesome, but im not really sure I see a fit with horford and milsap coming back (unless the hawks believe milsap will walk after next year.... or if the hawks plan on selling high on milsap).

Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast