Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Our team and future would be trash if we made that trade, unless that pick ended up being #1 overall. Giving up our best player in Horford, a fan fav in Korver, and a developing/promising rookie PG for....I'm trying to figure out how this makes us better.

I know that wouldn't, that's why i asked what would you ask for...

Not sure. Trading Horford and Korver means we are wiping away our team and fully rebuilding. But, giving up Schroder at the same time would take our only future hopeful away as well. So it kind of takes away our current team and future to completely start from scratch. Would be a weird position to be in, without having a top 3 pick in the next draft or some type of hope for the future.

Is it time to make a move for the Hawks? Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Cord916 View Post
    Is it time to make a move for the Hawks? Just a thought?
    Depends on Ferry. I'd say go for the draft since Horford is out for the season, but that means giving up Teague/Korver/Millsap, and that would be pretty much the team.

we need to do something to bring in a star, and i don't know if that is wait for the draft or make a trade which we don't have much to offer considering horford is hurt. I like what Danny is doing so far because atleast we play with energy, and not like past teams just come to play every now and then.

I definitely feel like Ferry hit a homerun on the coach he hired. I think he has shown that he can coach and that he is the guy to lead this team into the future. My issue is that the teams "success" is good to validate that the right coach was hired, but the winning is hurting the Hawks chance of landing a legit stud in the upcoming draft. Horford/Milsap/Teague/Korver are all nice assets. Thing is, I have no idea what Ferry's plan of action is. I thought it was a no-brainer to rebuild, but it seems to me like he's just remodeling. I've never been a fan of being JUST good enough to make the playoffs and that's it. The only way I find that acceptable is if you have a young team you are going forward with and a playoff bid is the first step to their quest for a championship. Otherwise having a team that is just good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to get a lottery pick, is a good way for your team to become homeowners in a neighborhood name irrelevance..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I definitely feel like Ferry hit a homerun on the coach he hired. I think he has shown that he can coach and that he is the guy to lead this team into the future. My issue is that the teams "success" is good to validate that the right coach was hired, but the winning is hurting the Hawks chance of landing a legit stud in the upcoming draft. Horford/Milsap/Teague/Korver are all nice assets. Thing is, I have no idea what Ferry's plan of action is. I thought it was a no-brainer to rebuild, but it seems to me like he's just remodeling. I've never been a fan of being JUST good enough to make the playoffs and that's it. The only way I find that acceptable is if you have a young team you are going forward with and a playoff bid is the first step to their quest for a championship. Otherwise having a team that is just good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to get a lottery pick, is a good way for your team to become homeowners in a neighborhood name irrelevance..
    That was adiquickly put. Yeah we can't remain middle of the pack like taligaga nights you are either first or last baby

Cavs fan here.. What do you think of this?

Cavs Trade: Anderson Varejao, Jarrett Jack, and $1.2 Million Cash
    Cavs Receive: Charlie Villanueva, 2014 2nd Round Pick (Wizards), 2017 2nd Round Picks via Atlanta (Miami and Brooklyn)

Hawks Trade: Kyle Korver and 2017 2nd Round Picks (Miami and Brooklyn)
    Hawks Receive: Anderson Varejao and $2.2 Million Cash (Exactly the difference between the salaries of Varejao and Korver)

Pistons Trade: Charlie Villanueva
    Pistons Receive: Kyle Korver and Martell Webster

Wizards Trade: Martell Webster, 2014 2nd Round Pick and $1 Million Cash
    Wizards Receive: Jarrett Jack

Why for Cleveland:
    Itís tough to give up Varejao without getting much in return but trading Jackís contract is pivotal at this stage of the rebuild. Villanueva is an expiring. The 2nd Rounders arenít anything to write home about but included in there to even out the values. They can be sold and/or combined for marginal upgrades down the line.

Why for Atlanta:
    Losing Korver is tough. However, Varejao fills their biggest need and improves their chances of winning this year. His contract is also more team friendly since he has a Team Option for next year. During the offseason, he can be retained, extended, traded to a team looking for cap relief, or released for cap relief of your own.

Why for Detroit:
    Sacrifice some of their cap space this offseason for the perfect 2 guard in their system. 3 pt shooting is arguably the Pistonsí biggest weakness and Korver is arguably the best 3pt shooter in the game today. He is a savvy veteran, doesnít need the ball to be effective, and stretches the floor for the frontcourt players. Webster is also a good 3 pt shooter and can play the 3 next to either Smith or Monroe at PF. Detroit may need some more incentive to pull the trigger on this.

Why for Washington:
    Both Webster and Jack have 4 year contracts with Team Options for the last year. However, unlike Webster, Jack actually fills a position of need and is a great compliment to either Wall or Beal in the backcourt as a 3rd guard.

I see where it's rumored that Ferry wants to go after Green of the Celtics. I don't think Ainge will trade Green like GM's trade off salary dumps. With that being said, I'm sure he will try to gain some type of asset or assets for Green. Then that makes wonder what asset or assets are Ferry willing to trade for Green and is green worth it? Horford/Milsap/Green/Korver/Teague?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Hey I'm from Boston and I'm a Celtics fan was wondering if any hawk fans had any trade ideas between our franchises? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by buzzsaw3334 View Post
    Hey I'm from Boston and I'm a Celtics fan was wondering if any hawk fans had any trade ideas between our franchises? Thanks guys
    Would you guys trade Rondo?

[QUOTE=*Silver&Black*:27955946]
    IMO no.. but there's a lot of people here that would.. again IMO having a great pg is key in this league and I think with talent like that you can't trade him unless your getting something as great if not.better

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Would rondo be a good fit for you his? Thought Teague was doing well down there.

Figured you guys would be more interested in Green or Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I'm on the other side of this, i think 100% celtics would trade rondo. Though i dont think the celtics would want to take on Teagues contract. Also Danny Ainge the Celtics GM might have a decent asking price when it comes to picks but i could see something happening, matching ctracts makes it hard though. Plus he would be asking probably for 2 first round picks, especially with atlantas track record of having a decent team and picking later in the first round but maybe:

To Boston:
    Lou Williams
    Elton Brand
    2 firsts

To ATL:
    Rondo

Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast