Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Hawks just signed Millsap, he's not getting traded that quick, especially when we're winning. The thing about sports is they you play to win, not lose for a draft pick. That's just pathetic. I'd rather take our chances of acquiring a SF like Thaddeus Young, then hoping the Nets lose some more.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

^ Well looks like we will have a lottery pick now.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    ^ Well looks like we will have a lottery pick now.
    Everybody wins! Except the Nets......... Rumor has it Parker may stay more than one year.

Would you guys be interested in trading Al Horford for two 1st round picks in the 2014 draft? Just seems like the Hawks need so many positions that trading Horford for two 1st round picks in the deepest draft in a decade would be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Everybody wins! Except the Nets......... Rumor has it Parker may stay more than one year.
    MKG said the same thing (wanted to stay all 4 years). I doubt he will still feel that way come April. But I might just be saying this because I want Parker to be our pick (that we get from the Nets). We need a star, a wing player, and a guy who can take over games on offense. Parker checks out for all 3.

MKG said the same thing (wanted to stay all 4 years). I doubt he will still feel that way come April. But I might just be saying this because I want Parker to be our pick (that we get from the Nets). We need a star, a wing player, and a guy who can take over games on offense. Parker checks out for all 3.
    IDK....... I still think Wiggins will be the better player at the end of the day and has faced better competition than Parker at this point. However I do agree Parker is more polished and may change his mind. It's like the LBJ/Melon debate back when they came out. There where some who wanted Melo over LBJ for the same reasons you list of Parker. It's also ironic that Wiggins has been compared to LBJ ( unfairly I might add) and Parker to Melon (. ost accurate, I might add. Parker looks more athletic, imho). We know who ended up being the better player.

If Ferry is lucky enough to end up with #1 from Brooklyn, he will get to see them face off one on one in pre draft work outs so he should make the right call. We also have anarchy madness to look forward to with each of them facing somewhat even competition.

I would be excited with either one. We just need a star player sadly in this league, both on court and bringing in the fans.

Gotta calm the expectations. Even if we did end up with one of those players, it's unrealistic to expect them to just come in and propel us into championship/contender mode. For every LBJ/DWADE/Melo, there's Oden/Marvin Williams/ Antony Bennett.

I would be excited with either one. We just need a star player sadly in this league, both on court and bringing in the fans.
    No doubt..... I'd be happy with Wiggins, Parker, Randle, or the kid from over sea's.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Gotta calm the expectations. Even if we did end up with one of those players, it's unrealistic to expect them to just come in and propel us into championship/contender mode. For every LBJ/DWADE/Melo, there's Oden/Marvin Williams/ Antony Bennett.

I don't think we need to calm expectations, because I don't think any of us are expecting them to step in and be great. There are flops we all know that. Marv doesn't have any where near the talent Wiggins or Parker posses and it is unfair to Oden because he has always been hurt. I get the point you are trying to make, but I don't think it applies to what we as the majority of Hawks fans expect these kids to come in and do.

Now if they exceed our expectations, hats off to them. What do you think about Dante Exum?

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Would you guys be interested in trading Al Horford for two 1st round picks in the 2014 draft? Just seems like the Hawks need so many positions that trading Horford for two 1st round picks in the deepest draft in a decade would be smart.
    Big, Fat, NO!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I don't think we need to calm expectations, because I don't think any of us are expecting them to step in and be great. There are flops we all know that. Marv doesn't have any where near the talent Wiggins or Parker posses and it is unfair to Oden because he has always been hurt. I get the point you are trying to make, but I don't think it applies to what we as the majority of Hawks fans expect these kids to come in and do.

Now if they exceed our expectations, hats off to them. What do you think about Dante Exum?
    Im not that big on college basketball. I just don't want a kid to come in here with unfair expectations, and don't pan out as we hope.
    I know for sure if we don't acquire anyone via trade, we need to draft a SF.

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Big, Fat, NO!

Al is injured right now, so it would be strange to see a trade go down. However stranger things have happened. As far as the off-season, while others don't want to see it happen, I could see it happening in the right scenario.

hypothetically....

If Atl ends up with number 1 and decide to go Wiggins or Parker and a team like Mil ends up with the number 5 pick...... If you go with conventional wisdom, Wiggins, Parker, Randale, and Smart go in the top 4 no matter what the order. With mil sitting at 5 they have the opportunity to draft Joel Embiid or Dante Exum. Mil already has Sanders and Henderson (who they seem to really like) at center and they are not exactly a big city so it might be hard for a kid like Exum to fit in. If you are the Hawks and you truly think Exum is the second coming of Penny Hardaway ( who he is being compared to) or Embiid is the defensive center they have craved since Mutumbo departed, I would think they would consider that strongly if Mil parted with Giannis ( who the Hawks where said to have heavy interest in last draft) as part of the package for Horford.

On another note...... I think Parker ends up a 4 and not a 3, in the mold of Derrick Coleman. And that ain't bad at all. Coleman was a beast before he got lazy. I say that because scouts have said things about his lateral quickness and it's not hard to see he's not that quick defensively laterally. He's also already 6'8/6'9 and 240+ pounds. Add the 10-15 pounds of muscle he'll likely add over the years to play in the NBA and there are not to many 250+ pound 3's (LBJ excluded). Still worthy of a very high pick and possibly #1, I just don't think he'll be the 3 some are predicting.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.

My personal list for the Hawks lotto pick.....

Wiggins
    Parker
    Randale
    Exum
    Embiid

In that order. I know some will say no Smart? But to me he may be the biggest risk. Not really quick enough to guard one's and not tall enough to guard two's. He's being compared to Wade a lot and that good for him considering Wade had the same knocks on him when he entered the draft. However that is a huge risk to take in this draft.

What would you guys ask in return for Horford, Korver and Schroeder??
    Would McGee, Foye, A.Miller(non guaranteed contract next year), Hamilton and 2014th pick do it?

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast