Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I like what I'm seeing out of our pg...... Henderson would be a decent pick up, but I still don"t see us being a good team with him. I look at us as 25 to 30 win team right now.
    Because Josh Smith added 20 more wins and swapping him for Millsap decreases those? Bringing Jeff Teague back pretty much wrapped a playoff spot up. I wanted to start Dennis but Horford/Millsap/Brand/Teague/Korver/Williams will make the playoffs, and I dare say a better all around team than having Smith back.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Because Josh Smith added 20 more wins and swapping him for Millsap decreases those? Bringing Jeff Teague back pretty much wrapped a playoff spot up. I wanted to start Dennis but Horford/Millsap/Brand/Teague/Korver/Williams will make the playoffs, and I dare say a better all around team than having Smith back.
    Spot on!
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

We are a playoff team, without a doubt...I think anywhere from a 5-8 seed...I wish we would sign greg oden..Anybody feel me on this?? lol

Damn guys, this was not a Josh Smith conversation.

You have to not only look at what you like about your teams roster, but the other teams that have improved and taken a step backwards.....

We also lost Devin, Zaza, and Ivan to this point......

From what I've seen in summer league, Schroder is not ready to start. He's raw, has the talent to get but not to start yet. He needs to get accustomed to the way we play basketball in the US as opposed to Europe. Too many finger rolls in the paint and sometimes he gets a little out of control and sloppy with the ball. Developing behind Jeff will be just what he needs to get time and transition.

Other than Dennnis, Jenkins has looked really solid. His defense looks improved and his points are coming from all over the floor, not just from behind the line. Nogueira is super athletic and looks capable on the offensive side of the ball. But his need to put on size can't be overstated enough. He gets worked in the low post on D. Mike Scott looks good, I'm hoping we keep him around. And Muscala looks good too. He has really nice touch, and looks more ready to play in the league than Nogueira right now. I expect Lucas to play another season in Spain before coming over.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    There arent any Dwade, kobe, or chris paul type players out there, so if we can get some guys in here that can help, im for it. As far as being a 30 win team, i think you're way off. Josh smith didn't help us win 14 games by his self, so a 14 win dropoff w/o him is a false perception. Millsap,Korver,a healthy Lou and some good coaching could make this a 45+ win team with the right pieces. Depends on who we add.
    Win did I say he was worth 20 wins? He's not the only good player we lost. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Damn guys, this was not a Josh Smith conversation.

You have to not only look at what you like about your teams roster, but the other teams that have improved and taken a step backwards.....

We also lost Devin, Zaza, and Ivan to this point......
    Correct me if I'm wrong but they'll replace Harris with a healthy Lou and an improved Jenkins, replace Ivan with Brand and zaza with rookies, Scott, and Brand. I don't see any downgrades. Maybe zaza but not by much.

Teague and Schroder will hold down the PG position.

Jenkins, Lou, and Korver are the shooters. Need more defense here, hoping Carroll can bring that.

Horford, Millsap, Brand, Scott, and Muscala at the 4-5 positions.

This will be a better team to me. I just hope Dennis beats Teague out sometime this season and we could package him with Millsap maybe for an upgrade at SF or C.

My complaint is we have no wing defenders and no size. we are not playoff bound guys the east looks like this.
    Miami
    Brooklyn
    new york
    chicago
    indiana
    Detroit
    washington
    Milwaukee
    cleveland/and maybe ATL

and thats if boston doesn't due better than us we are definently not a playoff team
    We don't have size nor a certified scorer not one Al might be 16 and 10 who else milsap might be 12 or 13 points a game please who else will be able to score and with such a small team teams will easly out man us.
    I'm sorry guys but it doesnt look good this is a tank team. We realy don't have a chance, and we will not be on tv

Who are we better than in this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but they'll replace Harris with a healthy Lou and an improved Jenkins, replace Ivan with Brand and zaza with rookies, Scott, and Brand. I don't see any downgrades. Maybe zaza but not by much.
    While I like Lou's offense he can'y replace Devin defensively and that will be this teams biggest challenge, Defense. Add to it that Lou added to this teams win total for a half a season already, so that is not a trade off.

I like John ad well and I hope he has improved, but none of us know that after a few summer games.

At this point in his career, IDK what Brand is going to give you on the floor. His true value Imho will come in leadership in practice, off the court, and in the huddle. He can not replace Ivan's hustle and athleticism.

We have not replaced Zaza yet and Milap can't replace Smith defensively, offense either.

Now we do imo have a more coachable team as of now and I do think Bud will be better than Drew.

This Hawks team isn't as of today better than last years....... Even with all the teams that will tank this year, I'll bet you thus team won't win as many as last year barring a major acquistion.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Who are we better than in this list?
    Milwaukee easily, Washington, maybe Cleveland if bynum isn't healthy, probably Detroit unless they find a pg.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

But I do agree with you on the wing defender concern. Really would like to see a deal for someone like afflalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    But I do agree with you on the wing defender concern. Really would like to see a deal for someone like afflalo.
    Schroeder or a 2014 pick for Afflalo.

Yeah we want be able to hold water if we don't have a wing defender. I just feel like some of the moves were needless I would have preferred hansbourgh, brewer, and maybe still milsap but a young athletic defensive team what we should have spent are money on. Not old has beens not even a big man we stock pile PF like bombs we suck at building it's crazy. There's nothing to even think will make the playoffs