Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    So the offer Teague received is for $8M per year. Remember a while back when I made that comparison to Mike Conley's situation when he was a RFA with Memphis? Guess how much Conley re-signed for? An average of $8M per year. Looks like I was right again.

The CBA doesn't allow S&Ts once an offer sheet is signed, so if Jeff signed it, the Hawks can either match it or take their chances with Schroder or some other PG who is not currently on the roster.

Those of you who like Jennings and have convinced yourselves that he can be signed for some kind of discount should keep something in mind: Jennings turned down a $10M per year offer from Milwaukee during this past season ---> (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--br...002908645.html) and is demanding $12M per year right now. If the Hawks let Teague walk, we basically have no leverage to negotiate because Jennings will become an unrestricted FA and the other PG options out there are pretty much garbage. So Jennings will very likely get what he wants one way or another.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-11-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    So the offer Teague received is for $8M per year. Remember a while back when I made that comparison to Mike Conley's situation when he was a RFA with Memphis? Guess how much Conley re-signed for? An average of $8M per year. Looks like I was right again.

The CBA doesn't allow S&Ts once an offer sheet is signed, so if Jeff signed it, the Hawks can either match it or take their chances with Schroder or some other PG who is not currently on the roster.

Those of you who like Jennings and have convinced yourselves that he can be signed for some kind of discount should keep something in mind: Jennings turned down a $10M per year offer from Milwaukee during this past season ---> (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--br...002908645.html) and is demanding $12M per year right now. If the Hawks let Teague walk, we basically have no leverage to negotiate because Jennings will become an unrestricted FA and the other PG options out there are pretty much garbage. So Jennings will very likely get what he wants one way or another.
    The Teague/Conley comparison from where Conley was when he extended makes sense. I will be pretty disappointed if they don't match on Teague. If they get one of the Bucks guards for a similar contract (unlikely I agree) then I'd be more OK with it but as it stands losing Teague or Mo Williams or Udrih would be terrible.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

One more thing: Here is a list of the highest salaries for point guards next season (I left off some 'tweeners').

Paul $18.7M
    DWill $18.5M
    Rose $17.6M
    Westbrook $14.7M
    Parker $12.5M
    Rondo $12.0M
    Lawson $10.8M
    Curry $9.9M
    Nash $9.3M
    Holiday $9.2M
    Nelson $8.6M
    Lin $8.4M
    Conley $8.2M
    GHill $8.0M
    Dragic $7.5M
    Calderon $7.3M

I believe a player's salary should be slotted based on how he compares to others who play his position. So you guys can determine for yourselves what is the right ranking-and-price for Teague (at $8M per year) and Jennings (who is demanding $12M per year.)

One more thing: Here is a list of the highest salaries for point guards next season (I left off some 'tweeners').

Paul $18.7M
    DWill $18.5M
    Rose $17.6M
    Westbrook $14.7M
    Parker $12.5M
    Rondo $12.0M
    Lawson $10.8M
    Curry $9.9M
    Nash $9.3M
    Holiday $9.2M
    Nelson $8.6M
    Lin $8.4M
    Conley $8.2M
    GHill $8.0M
    Dragic $7.5M
    Calderon $7.3M

I believe a player's salary should be slotted based on how he compares to others who play his position. So you guys can determine for yourselves what is the right ranking-and-price for Teague (at $8M per year) and Jennings (who is demanding $12M per year.)
    That's a fair rule though the list itself contradicts that rule a bit. Lin is too high and Holiday/Curry too low but I'd say 8 million is fair for Teague. Other than maybe Dragic I'd much rather have him than anyone making under 8.7 on this list.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    It's funny cuz the Hawks actually had a solid draft and have made decent off-season signings, to start off the summer free agency period. They actually drafted one of the better international prospects with a mid-level first round pick (brazilian forward Lucas Nogueira), and went in and swooped up an awesome blue chipper in Mike Muscala in the second round (a gem of a big for a bargain of a price). Ultimately, they gambled on Schroder with the 17th pick (I say gambled, given there's a lack of data available on him), but on the flipside, he's fairly young (and has time to develop).

I respected the Kyle Korver re-signing (since he's a pretty good mid-to-long range shooter), and agreeing on terms with (Paul) Millsap to two-years was sensible (a very productive big, but at 28, he's likely not getting any better, only worse). If the rumors are true though, that management covets Ellis and Jennings (wtf??? Like really Ferry), they're about to singlehandedly murder every positive thing they've done thus far. Simply describing these two players as "horrible," is not enough to depict an accurate enough picture, of just how atrociously garbage they truly are. God awfully turnover prone, mediocre distributors, with poor rebounding sense, and zero offensive efficiency. I mean look at their respective FG%, eFG%, and TS% which have been below average their entire careers. I'm not just saying it's below-average career-wise, they've actually never had a season where it's been above-average. About the only things they're really good at doing, is getting steals and scoring. Okay, but did I mention (that, their so-called "scoring prowess" is negated by just) how god-awfully bad their career (efficiency) shooting numbers have been?

If Ferry has any ounce of sense, he'll stay away from those two with a ten-foot pole (not withstanding they have the audacious gall to both want deals averaging like 10+ mil a year). I really don't like Teague's 32 mil for four years deal. But he's still better than either of those chumps, and there's not really much out there on the pg market (Mavericks stole a great guard in Calderon unfortunately). If the final two-years can be non-guaranteed team options, I'm up for the Hawks re-signing Teague. It's just the smarter thing to do at this stage. Like someone else said, neither Ellis nor Jennings is worth no 12 mil a year. Freaking ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as Ellis thinking he's as good as Wade. Wade on two bad knees was actually still more productive (per min) than Ellis in the play-offs.
    That was a harsh way of saying it, but we're mostly on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121
    Jeff is just upset we didn't extend him ourselves. That is just how RFA works, its business. Josh was upset too when he signed the contract with Memphis and we matched. For me its an easy match.
    You are correct, but like I told you guys before: The difference is Rick Sund gave Josh a contract offer during that '08 season before he became a RFA (it was something like 5 years-$45M if I'm not mistaken, and Josh turned it down). Teague has never received an extension offer from Sund nor Ferry, despite improving his numbers every year, so he has more of a right to feel disrespected.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    The Teague/Conley comparison from where Conley was when he extended makes sense. I will be pretty disappointed if they don't match on Teague. If they get one of the Bucks guards for a similar contract (unlikely I agree) then I'd be more OK with it but as it stands losing Teague or Mo Williams or Udrih would be terrible.
    And at $8M/yr it's a contract that can be traded if he doesn't improve and just stays the same player. My thing has always been that I don't want any long term contracts that we are basically stuck with. But I'll withhold judgement as much as possible until this situation is resolved in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    That's a fair rule though the list itself contradicts that rule a bit. Lin is too high and Holiday/Curry too low but I'd say 8 million is fair for Teague. Other than maybe Dragic I'd much rather have him than anyone making under 8.7 on this list
    Yeah it's not perfect especially if I added in the overpaid tweeners who would have been on this list (Stuckey, Tyreke, etc).

Rotflmao.
    Last edited by SB75; 07-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.

My Conley comparison wasn't about the money? Let's take a trip down memory lane, kids. http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...8#post26554068
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95
    IMO, the model for Teague is Mike Conley. They have similar body types, had similar concerns about their dedication-and-skillset through age 24, they even come from the same hometown (Indianapolis). When Memphis signed Conley to his 5-year-$40M extension, people laughed. Then Conley broke out this year, becoming their 2nd most valuable player after Marc, and now it looks like one of the best value contracts in the league. If Bud can transform Teague the way Hollins/Joerger did with Conley, at around that price, it could be worth it.
    So as most of you can see, it clearly was about the money for me from the moment I brought it up, specifically about Bud maxing out his value the way Hollins and Joerger did with Conley.

EDIT: Nevermind, you erased it. Good job. Ha.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Broussard is saying Hawks wont do a S&T for Ellis or Jennings, they'll either match the offer or let Jeff walk...

Quote Originally Posted by ATL-ALL-DAY
    Broussard is saying Hawks wont do a S&T for Ellis or Jennings, they'll either match the offer or let Jeff walk...
    The moment a player signs a new team's offer, the CBA prohibits S&T as an option for his old team.

It's kinda like the situation with Josh going to Detroit, except Josh was an unrestricted FA so the Hawks didn't have the right to retain him by simply matching the offer.

The moment a player signs a new team's offer, the CBA prohibits S&T as an option for his old team.

It's kinda like the situation with Josh going to Detroit, except Josh was an unrestricted FA so the Hawks didn't have the right to retain him by simply matching the offer.

well excuuuuuuse me Mr. Knowitall! just saying what he said...

( j/k figured everyone else is getting sensitive and attacking other posters here, thought I'd join in on the action)

Quote Originally Posted by ATL-ALL-DAY View Post
    well excuuuuuuse me Mr. Knowitall! just saying what he said...

( j/k figured everyone else is getting sensitive and attacking other posters here, thought I'd join in on the action)
    Might make that my new PSD user name, ha.

We are going to suck as this year no tv play no win no people in the stands, and no money. What did we spend all that cap room on? I don't know if you guys are in danial or are just damaged fans that have been burnt out so long that your acting like you have batter wife syndrom. DF screwed up and you guys know it. We got nothing for all the hype we had coming to the off season i mean this is crazy i like paul but thats it all the cap room gone on who i see carroll, and three draft picks i mean come on this team has really retracted back to 8yrs ago when we were the laughing stock of the league well hey atleast we arent looking forward to basketball season, and i'm pretty sure there not either they will loose alot of money on unsold tickets, seats , food hell merchandise, they might sell the team this year with the money there going to loose and fans. GO HAWKS i mean PIGIONS LOL

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    We are going to suck as this year no tv play no win no people in the stands, and no money. What did we spend all that cap room on? I don't know if you guys are in danial or are just damaged fans that have been burnt out so long that your acting like you have batter wife syndrom. DF screwed up and you guys know it. We got nothing for all the hype we had coming to the off season i mean this is crazy i like paul but thats it all the cap room gone on who i see carroll, and three draft picks i mean come on this team has really retracted back to 8yrs ago when we were the laughing stock of the league well hey atleast we arent looking forward to basketball season, and i'm pretty sure there not either they will loose alot of money on unsold tickets, seats , food hell merchandise, they might sell the team this year with the money there going to loose and fans. GO HAWKS i mean PIGIONS LOL
    THE SKY IS FALLING!

Look, this team has been a joke to the media when it comes to fans, so losing fans to start over and build a team correctly? Oh no, please don't go!

Also, Joe and Josh took us as far as they could. Josh wasn't going to tie up a chunk of the future's salary just so we could watch the "highlight factory" bullcrap.

Teague isn't the answer for our future at PG, according to our coach and GM. I am behind them with that, as they have a rookie PG in the wings and still cap room to sign another.

Just because it has been long overdue to rebuild and it's sad to a couple of people that likes to stay in the middle of the NBA just to keep non-all-stars like Josh and Teague taking up half of the cap room, doesn't mean this is the end of the franchise.

It's rebuilding time. Not in terms of tanking, but in terms of smart players, smart decisions (not overpaying players just because we have cap), and a smart future plan. Believe, don't cry because we didn't go out and overpay players that won't do us any favors in advancing.

Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast