Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    I can't remember whether I posted this in the last thread, oh well. A guy I would really like the Hawks to pick-up in the 2nd rd is Christian Watford from Indiana. The only thing I don't like about him, he's too unselfish. The kid is 6'9" and can guard three positions+has a mean stroke. I would say he reminds me of Paul George, but he's not nearly aggressive enough. I guess he would be looked at as a stretch 4..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Rumors that Boston wants to sign-n-trade for Josh Smith. The rumor is saying they are trying to get a big TPE for Pierce and flip it into J. Smith..

I'm with Silver&Black on this one. I could be over thinking it, but the fact that Jeff has still not received a qualifying offer makes me think they may be looking Point Guard. Ferry said he'd address the qualifying offers after the draft (Or after the decision is made to draft a PG or not?). I think if we trade up it will be for Trey Burke, or another point. However, if you're looking at top 5 Burke makes more sense to me than MCW and McCollumn, the others will go top 10 but to pick them top 5 would be reaching. Like most have said, it comes down to Jeff, and as much as I like Teague, for the purpose of rebuilding I think I would rather have Burke or one of the others . A rookie contract should be lower than Teague's asking price, and you could argue that they all have more potential than Jeff at this point.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Rumors that Boston wants to sign-n-trade for Josh Smith. The rumor is saying they are trying to get a big TPE for Pierce and flip it into J. Smith..
    I'd probably be willing to do that. Even though I'm not really a Pierce fan, I am a fan of his $15 million expiring contract. Would give us cap to give a max out next year if nothing goes down this off season.

^^^Pierce wouldn't come to the Hawks, the C's would trade the TPE they got for trading Pierce to another squad..

Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121 View Post
    I'm with Silver&Black on this one. I could be over thinking it, but the fact that Jeff has still not received a qualifying offer makes me think they may be looking Point Guard. Ferry said he'd address the qualifying offers after the draft (Or after the decision is made to draft a PG or not?). I think if we trade up it will be for Trey Burke, or another point. However, if you're looking at top 5 Burke makes more sense to me than MCW and McCollumn, the others will go top 10 but to pick them top 5 would be reaching. Like most have said, it comes down to Jeff, and as much as I like Teague, for the purpose of rebuilding I think I would rather have Burke or one of the others . A rookie contract should be lower than Teague's asking price, and you could argue that they all have more potential than Jeff at this point.
    I wouldn't agree with you there, this is one of the weakest drafts I've seen when it comes to pg's. Especially compared to the pg talent that was in the draft when Teague came out. If Ferry goes pg from where the Hawks are picking, they might as well tear it completely down and get what they can for Horford. P.S. Like your sig pic, that's clean..

^^^Pierce wouldn't come to the Hawks, the C's would trade the TPE they got for trading Pierce to another squad..
    Gotcha, might still do it for Josh. I personally do not want to see him as a Hawk again, but he's done a lot for the team so I'd want to send him somewhere he'd want to go.

I wouldn't agree with you there, this is one of the weakest drafts I've seen when it comes to pg's. Especially compared to the pg talent that was in the draft when Teague came out. If Ferry goes pg from where the Hawks are picking, they might as well tear it completely down and get what they can for Horford. P.S. Like your sig pic, that's clean..
    That's only what I think if we trade up. If we stay where we are I think its Dieng and Adetokunbo or Franklin. My statement about potential was only referring to Burke, MCW, and McCollumn. I still like Teague's potential more than the later 2.

I'm just not sold on that MCW kid. Somebody is going to really have to take their time with him if he wants to last in the league.
    Last edited by SluggeR; 06-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.

SPN's Chad Ford released his Mock Draft 6.0 Tuesday afternoon (Insider required) and shifts gears on the prediction for Atlanta, having the Hawks go all Billy Knight on the Bird Watchers and taking wingmen Giannis Antetokounmpo and Shabazz Muhammad with their two picks.

While it seems odd the Hawks would elect to forego big men with the two picks, Ford says that he keeps hearing Giannis' name in concert with the Hawks and feels like the Muhammad slide has to end at some point:
    I'd be col with this! Because the NBA has slotted pay scales, Id take the Greek Freak with the first pick to save a little money. Being that it's likely he'll stay over for at least a year.
    Last edited by SB75; 06-25-2013 at 05:36 PM.

As far as MCW goes...... I don't think some of you have seen the kid play. The only thing he can't do is shoot. While that is a huge hole, I will remind people Jason Kidd couldn't shoot either when he entered the NBA. Our last great pg Mookie, wasn't a great shooter either. While I do think he'll have to put in a lot of work on his jump shot ( and I do mean a lot!), his passing ability, I have not seen in the college ranks since Paul and D-Will. He's also a good defender and rebounds his position. If Ferry is planning on keeping JT, this kid would compliment him very well.

I cannot believe you guys want to let Teague go..If we do, We will regret it down the road..Trust me on that one!

Build around Horford & Teague!!

They should give us a pick for doing it, and I would consider. Otherwise, what is in it for us to sign Smith and trade him for our cap space back? A pick would be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    I cannot believe you guys want to let Teague go..If we do, We will regret it down the road..Trust me on that one!

Build around Horford & Teague!!
    I like Teague, but if we can get a true PG or a star-like (Rose/Westbrook type) scoring guard, I would upgrade.

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 24m
    Bobcats have placed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on the trading block, the Bucks, Warriors, Celtics and Hawks have expressed interest in MKG.
    Please get him. Draft whoever, just get MKG.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast