Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9
    Hey are we suppose to play in the summer league. See this is what i mean i hope were on point i guess were not practising, because we don't have a roster. DF and Bud are all over the place there just winging it. I just hope they could get back on trap, and not loose sight of whats going on.
    Dude the Hawks don't play in Orlando Summer League, they play in Las Vegas Summer League like a bunch of other teams, which doesn't start for those teams until July 12th. I dig the passion, it's cool and all, but you gotta start looking up some of this stuff online or something instead of just complaining without knowing.

Chris Vivlamore just posted an update, so here you go: http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-h...-visits-hawks/
    The Hawks are still working out details with FIBA, the international basketball governing body, about the availability of first-round draft picks Lucas Nogueira and Dennis Schroeder for the Las Vegas Summer League. The Hawks are in Las Vegas to begin practices Wednesday for their first game Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Dude the Hawks don't play in Orlando Summer League, they play in Las Vegas Summer League like a bunch of other teams, which doesn't start for those teams until July 12th. I dig the passion, it's cool and all, but you gotta start looking up some of this stuff online or something instead of just complaining without knowing.
    Well not to be a smart *** but i new that i was talking about the vegas summer league i have already been watching the orlando one thanks you must be a basketball guru

I'm was asking because i haven't seen are roster which i tought we would have together by now beeing as it starts friday. I was just stating how all over the place we are It seems like we didn't have a plan or we really had a reason to wait for DH. I like ferry but just seems like we had no plan at all. we draft two projects(didn't make sense) at positions that we really need to address then we seem like were tanking at that point. Then you sign carroll (OMG that was worst than marvin williams pick) milsap ( not to upset but again at a log jam position) and you now chase small 2guard ellis (same as Lou) and no knees bynum (which im still up in the air on) but you wasted to much time on paul and howard and if you weren't going to tank should have been signing people earliar. SMH just don't under stand our direction (with a rookie coach may i add)

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9
    Well not to be a smart *** but i new that i was talking about the vegas summer league i have already been watching the orlando one thanks you must be a basketball guru
    I'm was asking because i haven't seen are roster which i tought we would have together by now beeing as it starts friday. I was just stating how all over the place we are It seems like we didn't have a plan or we really had a reason to wait for DH. I like ferry but just seems like we had no plan at all. we draft two projects(didn't make sense) at positions that we really need to address then we seem like were tanking at that point. Then you sign carroll (OMG that was worst than marvin williams pick) milsap ( not to upset but again at a log jam position) and you now chase small 2guard ellis (same as Lou) and no knees bynum (which im still up in the air on) but you wasted to much time on paul and howard and if you weren't going to tank should have been signing people earliar. SMH just don't under stand our direction (with a rookie coach may i add)
    That Paying-Carroll-$2.5M-Next-Season-Is-Worse-Than-Drafting-Marvin-2nd-Overall comparison made me realize who and what I'm up against and made me delete my entire response. I really do appreciate that.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-09-2013 at 11:34 PM.

The NBA announced Tuesday night the salary cap for the 2013-14 season will be set at $58.679 million.

The league also set the luxury tax level at $71.748 million next season. Both numbers are slightly higher than normal, although neither should really alter what's left of the free-agent market.
    rotoworld
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-10-2013 at 12:38 AM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sp...052544949.html
    The San Antonio Spurs' exploration of acquiring free-agent forward Andrei Kirilenko in a sign-and-trade agreement with the Minnesota Timberwolves has passed without completion, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Spurs seriously considered a multi-year offer for Kirilenko, but Minnesota general manager Flip Saunders has shown little, if any, inclination to assist him in securing a significant financial contract elsewhere, sources said.

San Antonio envisioned Kirilenko, a 6-foot-9 forward, as an ideal fit for its system. He's a gifted scorer, passer and shot blocker, and is able to defend multiple positions.

There were possible combinations of Spurs assets that appealed to the T'wolves, but ultimately Minnesota was unable – or unwilling – to take back the contracts on what could've been an $8 million to $9 million annual salary agreement for Kirilenko, league sources said.
    Could be an option if some other Hawks courtships fall through. They can use an efficient playmaking wing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sp...052544949.html

Could be an option if some other Hawks courtships fall through. They can use an efficient playmaking wing.
    What I was stating is why pick up Carroll he is a bad player and doesn't help if we just need a hustler why not keep Ivan he brings it every night

There are strong indications that the Bucks are preparing an offer sheet for restricted free agent Jeff Teague, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein (via Twitter). Stein adds (via Twitter) that the threat of an offer sheet could lead the Hawks and Bucks to ramp up talks on a potential sign-and-trade.
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/b...ff-teague.html

So if an offer sheet is signed, we'll have 3 days to match it, or we could work out a sign and trade for Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings. I personally would like to see us just match the offer, assuming its reasonable. Depending on price, I think Jeff gives you more bang for your buck, as the other two are most likely looking for bigger contracts.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

If they offer him more than we want, please trade him for Jennings.

Jennings over Ellis. Ellis would have been a nice option after Joe was traded, but that time has passed.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Minnesota, Nikola Pekovic getting closer on a four-year, $50 million contract extension, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Woj / Yahoo

Told ya.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ent-jeff-fried
    Monta Ellis, one of the premier players remaining on the free agent market, parted ways with his longtime agent, Jeff Fried, on Wednesday.
    Welp.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Woj / Yahoo

Told ya.
    Yes you did! I just knew if we made an offer the Wolves refuse to match, we could have gotten the big guy...

Just added to @espn_macmahon's Andrew Bynum story: Sources say Cavs' 2-year, $24M offer only guaranteed for $6M. Still Drew's highest offer
    To get full $12M in Year 1 from Cavs, Bynum would have to hit loads of contract benchmarks. And Year 2, of course, would be at Cavs' option
    Marc Stein / ESPN

Which would indicate Ferry isn't willing to make other harsh moves (like renouncing free agents) to make room for a bigger guarantee for Bynum. Other GMs would probably handle it the same way based on Bynum's, ummm, "uncertainty."

Page 46 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast