Ugh Monta...
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121
    (Teague or Jennings)/Shroeder
    Jenkins/Williams/Cunningham
    Korver/Carroll
    Horford/Millsap
    Bynum/Nogueira/Muscala
    Only thing that stands out from that is the lack of size at shooting guard. Missing someone who can at least put a body on these physical East guards, need a Bradley/Shumpert/Lance/etc type. Maybe Bud can work some magic with Cunningham.

Is landing Ellis/Teague/Bynum as a trio possible? I don't think Teague effects the cap room available because he already possesses a cap hold. I could be wrong about that.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    The thing with Teague vs. Jennings, would be salary. They say potential gets folks fired and if you sign Jennings to a big contract, you are doing it because you feel he will meet his potential. I've read where Jennings is demanding 12 mil per year. You can probably lock Teague up to a longterm deal, where he's making half of that per year. I would say Teague is the safer pick. I think Ferry has to be SURE about Jennings, before you give up on your own drafted talent like Teague..torn.
    If the Monta thing is true then that ends the Jennings speculation. I do wonder if they're looking at a Teague/Ellis combo or if Ellis is replacing Teague. The other thought is does this make Williams trade bait?

If we land Bynum, I will no longer believe the reports about us tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    If we land Bynum, I will no longer believe the reports about us tanking.
    Ellis and Millsap would mean "tanking" is no longer having as that's already a playoff team in the east. However Bynum would represent quite a bit more upside.

I think if we just resign Teague we're fighting for a 7/8 seed. Imo, the only way a tank into the top of the lottery happens is if Al gets hurt.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

A lineup of Mo/Foye/Hayward/Millsap/Jefferson almost made the playoffs in the WEST. The east is weaker and I think Teague's better than Mo, Ellis is better than Foye, Utah wins at SF, and Horford better than Jefferson. So I'd say it's a solid playoff lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55 View Post
    Ellis and Millsap would mean "tanking" is no longer having as that's already a playoff team in the east. However Bynum would represent quite a bit more upside.
    IDK about that. You have to understand that is not a lock. We won't be able to defend with Al at 5 and Milsap at 4 with Kover and Ellis on the court. It would be fun to watch offensively though. Bynum is the game changer ( if healthy).

A lineup of Mo/Foye/Hayward/Millsap/Jefferson almost made the playoffs in the WEST. The east is weaker and I think Teague's better than Mo, Ellis is better than Foye, Utah wins at SF, and Horford better than Jefferson. So I'd say it's a solid playoff lineup.
    Utha did not make the play-off's.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Utha did not make the play-off's.
    Which is why I said almost... They missed it by one game in a much tougher conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    I don't think Teague effects the cap room available because he already possesses a cap hold. I could be wrong about that
    If I'm not mistaken, the cap hold serves as a placeholder that deducts from the cap room so his ~$6M number stays there until he is renounced, resigned, or S&T'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    I don't think Teague effects the cap room available because he already possesses a cap hold. I could be wrong about that
    If I'm not mistaken, the cap hold serves as a placeholder that deducts from the cap room so his ~$6M number stays there until he is renounced, resigned, or S&T'd.

Which is why I said almost... They missed it by one game in a much tougher conference.
    Either you make it or you don't. That's why I posted that. Plus that was a team that had been together for a while, had team chemistry and a low post player you had to double team. We don't have any of that going for us. They also had Favors coming off the bench, we don't have that either!

Quote Originally Posted by bmac_121
    I think if we just resign Teague we're fighting for a 7/8 seed. Imo, the only way a tank into the top of the lottery happens is if Al gets hurt.
    Yeah, I'll say it's a playoff team, and I also don't believe getting one of these guards would be the final move. The issue is how much Bud can get the perimeter guys (whoever winds up there) to defend... which was the problem this past season. Defensively, Al is solid at the 4 or 5. Millsap is not a gamechanger on D, but that could be offset by the significant offensive upgrade with him at the 4.

Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast