Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1611
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882

    Free Agency/Draft/Trade News

    Bud is probably looking for someone that can be molded into a tony Parker type pg. Jennings has the ability to score like tp. He just needs to work on distributing the ball better.... And maybe playing defense every now and then.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,918
    ON Jennings or Ellis........

    I'm not sure either of these guys keeps us in the play-off's, but they would make us fun to watch. Either would instantly become our go to scorer and best offensive player, but both would also become our biggest defensive liability. If it's either or..... I guess I go with Jennings in a swap for JT. Reason being I think Jennings still has some un-tapped talent and coach Bud could maybe mold him into a better player. I say this liking Monte's offensive game more and thinking he has more ability, but he has also gotten the label un-coachable and I for one don't know if it's true or not.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR
    ^^^That's your opinion. Ferry eventually traded for..Jamison SMH. Who thought the mavericks would beat the heat, who thought the pistons would beat the lakers, etc;. In the situation that franchise was in, that move should have been made. If he had won a ring, you can't say for certain he was gonna leave. Just post it as opinions and not fact..simple.
    I did, you'll notice I put "IMO" before that final sentence about both Boston being superior and LeBron leaving... "In My Opinion."

    The "facts" I posted were from the ESPN/Yahoo articles and in bold it shows that Hickson was offered twice to PHX but their GM Steve Kerr wasn't interested. Ferry traded for Jamison because it didn't cost them nearly as much. I don't believe anyone actually thought Jamison was better than Amare, it looked to me like they just went for the next best guy they could get.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    Stein was reporting it but now it's everywhere. Roto, hoopsworld, hype, etc... I actually suggested the Teague Jennings S&T a few days ago so I obviously like it. Between Ellis, Teague, and Jennings my preference would be Jennings. He's not only the most talented of that group he's also the youngest. The kid is only 23 so he has plenty of time to turn that talent into more efficiency under the right coach or system. I think Teague is talented but I think his ceiling is much lower than Jennings.
    I agree with some of this. Jennings is younger and clearly the best outside shooter of that group, but he is also the smallest and I don't believe he'll ever become a good defensive player (Teague still has that going for him, IMO).

    Best thing anyone can hope for (and it's still a longshot) is that a coach can teach Jennings to defer if he has two bigs like Paul and Al who take smart shots and will pass it back to him to get his. Either way Jennings needs to cut back on the shots to get to the next level.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I did, you'll notice I put "IMO" before that final sentence about both Boston being superior and LeBron leaving... "In My Opinion."

    The "facts" I posted were from the ESPN/Yahoo articles and in bold it shows that Hickson was offered twice to PHX but their GM Steve Kerr wasn't interested. Ferry traded for Jamison because it didn't cost them nearly as much. I don't believe anyone actually thought Jamison was better than Amare, it looked to me like they just went for the next best guy they could get.
    So you say all this to say what? My initial post on this subject, was to state that Ferry has much to prove as a GM. What's your purpose for going back-n-forth on this topic..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,251
    Yea Jennings & Wall would b special players if they use their athleticism to attack the rim more and dish assist. TP is not known for having a gifted handle, but he can get anywhere on the court he wants because he uses his elite speed. What sticks out to me about "Young Money', he has taken some very pedestrian bucks team to the playoffs. I think he can develop into more of a playmaker if you surround him around more offensively talented players and a better offensive system.

    To me, I think Ellis is all about a dollar. I'm not hating, but I'm sure that's not the kind of guy the Hawks want to dump a lot of money into. You would think Ellis would sign with the nuggets and take advantage of having a chance to play on a young & upcoming playoff team, I guess the dollars don't make sense there (for him). Going after Ellis is just puzzling to me..

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR
    So you say all this to say what? My initial post on this subject, was to state that Ferry has much to prove as a GM. What's your purpose for going back-n-forth on this topic..
    You said he didn't want to trade Hickson for Amare, which wasn't the case -- he offered him twice (with other players) to PHX but the Suns GM still didn't think it was enough. I didn't mention the "Ferry has much to prove as a GM" part because I agree with you on that to some extent.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    To me, Ferry's blind spot as a GM hasn't been his drafting or trading, but rather, who he gives big money deals to. He walked into a situation where they already had a once in a generation talent in Cleveland that kept them in the playoff hunt, so he had to use mid/late round picks to fill out the roster. I think he did that. Also had to make smart trades to matchup with the Celtics and Magic, I think he did that as best he could. But he also gave a big money 5-year deal to another inefficient chucker Larry Hughes... and that's what I keep thinking about with this Monta Ellis rumor.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    Another Andrew Bynum update: ESPN has learned that Bynum has also scheduled face-to-face recruiting meetings in Atlanta & Dallas this week
    Marc Stein / ESPN
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Marc Stein / ESPN
    Interesting but I've also heard Bynum wants a quick resolution so if he hears what he wants to hear in Cleveland I wouldn't be surprised if the other meetings get canceled.

    No more Rose? When is football season again?

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    East Atlanta
    Posts
    587
    I think we have a good shot at Bynum since he lives and works out in Atlanta. As long as he hears what he wants, I'm sure he'd rather be in Atlanta than Cleveland. If they S&T Teague for Jennings our team from the BK/Sund era is unrecognizable with the exception of Al.

    (Teague or Jennings)/Shroeder
    Jenkins/Williams/Cunningham
    Korver/Carroll
    Horford/Millsap
    Bynum/Nogueira/Muscala

    And in games they want to go big in, your starting lineup could be:

    (Teague or Jennings)
    Korver
    Millsap
    Horford
    Bynum
    Last edited by bmac_121; 07-08-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

    Meanwhile, Hawks said to be "closing in" on deal with Monta Ellis. Also, Mavs plan to make pitch to Andrew Bynum.

    No more Rose? When is football season again?

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    ^That was 8 minutes ago on twitter.

    No more Rose? When is football season again?

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle55
    Interesting but I've also heard Bynum wants a quick resolution so if he hears what he wants to hear in Cleveland I wouldn't be surprised if the other meetings get canceled.
    I agree, although Roto and Stein suggested CLE will only offer a 1-year deal to maintain cap flexibility. If that's true, Hawks and Mavs can flip momentum with a multi-year offer (plus he already lives here).

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,251
    The thing with Teague vs. Jennings, would be salary. They say potential gets folks fired and if you sign Jennings to a big contract, you are doing it because you feel he will meet his potential. I've read where Jennings is demanding 12 mil per year. You can probably lock Teague up to a longterm deal, where he's making half of that per year. I would say Teague is the safer pick. I think Ferry has to be SURE about Jennings, before you give up on your own drafted talent like Teague..torn.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •