Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    I don't want to tie up cap in Monta Ellis.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Also, Josh's cap hold is iff the books, so is Devin harris and Zaza. So that still leaves us money to get Ellis if we choose, and give Jeff a multi year deal
    Yeah if it's either or I prefer teague but there is no reason Ellis and teague can't both be Hawks. Other than the fact some people just don't like Ellis. But if the coach and ferry sign off on it then he'd easily be the Hawks best scorer and creator.

No more Rose? When is football season again?

There hasn't been one thing we have done that reporters knew about before we did it since Ferry came here, except knowing Josh was not going to be a Hawk after last season. So this Monta rumor sounds a little like a smokescreen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by westside
    Remember josh Went through this same process back in 09. Its just the life of a RFA.
    That was 2008, same summer we lost Childress. One difference is Rick Sund offered Smith an extension during that season. Hawks have never approached Teague about one as far as I know, just the QO, so there will be hurt feelings.

Which reminds me: Losing Childress was one of the worst things that happened to that Hawks team. Not a great defensive player but he hustled and had a high bball IQ on offense. Should've paid him and just admitted the Marvin mistake.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ro...061137592.html
    The Lakers weren't for [Dwight] Howard, and Howard wasn't for the Lakers. Every executive and coach who has ever worked with Howard will tell you: He needs to be the face of the franchise and he needs unconditional love. Those weren't immediately available to him with the Lakers, and they'll be showered upon him in Houston now.
    I'm sure he knew that fans in this city don't give unconditional love either. Over the past two decades, the locals turned against nearly every athlete besides Chipper and 'Nique, and the latter was traded before he could become the villain.

I am still confused if we're tanking why are we signing the worst free agents out there Carroll has to be the sorriest guy out there were why not keep Ivan not under standing are direction

Trade?

Houston Rockets center Omer Asik has formally asked the team to trade him in the wake of the team landing Dwight Howard in free agency. But the Rockets have no plans to grant Asik's wish,ESPN.com

Might be along shot to get this guy

seriously... y? I have no idea what ferry is doing with this one.

I know I'm confused on our direction I guess we're going to take leftovers and see what we get and go from there

I just wish we would have done thie earlier and got better bang for are buck now we are spending just to spend on wack leftovers

Obviously tanking isn't happening so that bs speculation that was reported can die now. You don't sign Millsap, korver, and Ellis to get the top pick. If the Ellis deal happens then the Hawks are a playoff team. The good news for those who hate this roster is that the size contracts ferry is handing out make these guys highly tradable assets. I like the roster he's putting together.

Not a fan of Ellis, he is like Jamal Crawford but we needed a guy like Jamal off the bench back then. I can see why Ferry made almost every other move in the past year, either because it gave us good value or helped maintain future salary cap flexibility... but not this rumored move for Ellis if it's a long term big money deal. Getting him would go against everything they've done, from an analytics/advanced metrics point of view and a traditional "fit" POV.

Only thing I can say is it wouldn't surprise me if he became a fan favorite here because local fans have a long history of irrational love for exciting-yet-horribly-flawed players in every pro sport while dismissing the productive and efficient players. So the people who dislike Teague or don't want to pay him: there you go.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Not a fan of Ellis, he is like Jamal Crawford but we needed a guy like Jamal off the bench back then. I can see why Ferry made almost every other move in the past year, either because it gave us good value or helped maintain future salary cap flexibility... but not this rumored move for Ellis if it's a long term big money deal. Getting him would go against everything they've done, from an analytics/advanced metrics point of view and a traditional "fit" POV.

Only thing I can say is it wouldn't surprise me if he became a fan favorite here because local fans have a long history of irrational love for exciting-yet-horribly-flawed players in every pro sport while dismissing the productive and efficient players. So the people who dislike Teague or don't want to pay him: there you go.
    I prefer keeping both. I also think under the right coach Ellis can excel. Ellis is always a fan favorite because he's small and fun to watch but seeing what ferry has done to date I'd say it's a short term deal.

I hope Ferry has a plan, instead of pretending like he has one..like Kahn did for so many years with the wolves. Ferry gets no benefit of the doubt from me. I still remember how he wiffed at getting Lebron a running mate, which led to him leaving the Cavs. This is the same guy that turned down Hickson for a healthy STAT SMH. As far as the signings, there is a cap floor..that's about all I can say about them. As far as I'm concerned, Ferry has signed pieces he can easily move. I can see playoff contenders knocking the doors down to get to Korver & Millsap. I have not read up on the Teague situation, but from what I hear..don't seem Teague & Ferry are gonna be fishing buddies any time soon. As of now, it seems Teague's longterm future is up in the air..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast