Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    we need to trade DOWN. We need to do everything in our power to lose games. Hawks fans should pissed whenever we win games next year. The cavs were 29-53 two years before drafting LeBron and 16-66 in the year prior to drafting him. They understood what was at stake so they tanked! We need to understand that Andrew Wiggins is the long-term goal here. This year, thus, should be all about losing!

Oh as far as a comparison for Noel. Another former Hawk comes to mind. I would say a more athletic but shorter Mutombo. When Mutumbo came out of George Town he was 7'2 220, a monster shot blocker and rebounder, that was very raw offensively. Now doesn't that sound like Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    we need to trade DOWN. We need to do everything in our power to lose games. Hawks fans should pissed whenever we win games next year. The cavs were 29-53 two years before drafting LeBron and 16-66 in the year prior to drafting him. They understood what was at stake so they tanked! We need to understand that Andrew Wiggins is the long-term goal here. This year, thus, should be all about losing!
    You don't have to trade down to tank. You want to have talent around the kid in the event that you do get him. No player in this draft is going to step in and make the Hawks a lot better next year. There are several that have a chance to be very good in a year or two, but I don't see any that will step in and make a huge difference in the win department this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    You don't have to trade down to tank. You want to have talent around the kid in the event that you do get him. No player in this draft is going to step in and make the Hawks a lot better next year. There are several that have a chance to be very good in a year or two, but I don't see any that will step in and make a huge difference in the win department this year.
    I honesty don't even think we should risk trading up this year. If we trade down and accumulate pics, then we'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to surround Wiggins with talent (assuming we are able to get him). Or we can draft the foreign guys and keep them overseas.

Good thing some of you guys aren't Danny Ferry.The Pacers,Nuggets,Grizzlies,Clippers and Spurs didn't wait to sign the biggest FA on the market. Look at how that has worked for teams in all of the major sports. You have to learn, just because Miami signed a big three, not everyone will have those same results. Why? Because there is no other LeBron, Dwade, or Bosh. We can try all we want to duplicate that recipe, but why? Saying that we should just stink to get draft picks is pretty pathetic. Its no guarantee that a few 19 Or 20 year Olds will change this team for the better. Gotta have some pride and build a team that can go far in the playoffs and actually be a threat. What if the Pacers had Granger in the ECF vs Miami? Maybe there's a different team in the finals. The point is, we cnt get down about guys signing Where they want. No one.has.control over that. We can try to pry Igoudala away, or whatever. Doesn't matter. Ferry is the one who will probably surprise a few of you.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Good thing some of you guys aren't Danny Ferry.The Pacers,Nuggets,Grizzlies,Clippers and Spurs didn't wait to sign the biggest FA on the market. Look at how that has worked for teams in all of the major sports. You have to learn, just because Miami signed a big three, not everyone will have those same results. Why? Because there is no other LeBron, Dwade, or Bosh. We can try all we want to duplicate that recipe, but why? Saying that we should just stink to get draft picks is pretty pathetic. Its no guarantee that a few 19 Or 20 year Olds will change this team for the better. Gotta have some pride and build a team that can go far in the playoffs and actually be a threat. What if the Pacers had Granger in the ECF vs Miami? Maybe there's a different team in the finals. The point is, we cnt get down about guys signing Where they want. No one.has.control over that. We can try to pry Igoudala away, or whatever. Doesn't matter. Ferry is the one who will probably surprise a few of you.
    Tim Duncan was the #1 pic lol. That's the only team you mentioned that has won anything. The NBA is star league. It always has been. The pistons may be the only team in recent history that has won anything without the prototypical "star"player. But almost every other team has had at least one star on the team. Having depth and mediocre players does nothing for you. And honestly who cares about pride at this point? The hawks have been in Atlanta for how long now and have won how may championships? The heat have been in Miami since 88 and have won THREE championships (all with star players I might add). I am willing to suck and be patient, rather than stay in the land of NBA mediocrity... which is the absolute worst place you can be in the NBA. Landing the best prospect since Lebron can be HUGE for Atlanta, not only for the future of the franchise, but to generate some excitement for hawks fans. And you want to throw away that chance to sign Igoudala? lol

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Cavs have had 2 top 5 picks the last 2 years and are picking #1 again. Trading up will not take away from tanking.

Al Horford, a rookie, and fill the team with a bunch of 1 year players could still tank. Having the worst record isn't going to give you the 1st pick.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Cavs have had 2 top 5 picks the last 2 years and are picking #1 again. Trading up will not take away from tanking.

Al Horford, a rookie, and fill the team with a bunch of 1 year players could still tank. Having the worst record isn't going to give you the 1st pick.
    '
    it sure will give the best chance to get the first pic. And no disrespect to guys like Waiters and Thompson, but they were not thought of as super stars coming out of college. Wiggins is thought of a super star RIGHT NOW, and he hasn't even played one game in college.

I understand not everyone will share my opinion and that's fine. Im just tired of being a hawks fan lol. We need some kind of spark. I though howard and paul could bring that, but that's not gonna happen. So now im just going to hope for wiggins.. Got to have hope lol

At end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think. Whether u want to build a team or risk it all to go for someone who never played a NBA game yet. As far as Duncan being number 1 pick, i clearly said those teams i listed didn't wait around to sign the biggest free agents out there. Anyway, i will be a hawks fan win or lose. Its up to Ferry to put out a good team.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    At end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us think. Whether u want to build a team or risk it all to go for someone who never played a NBA game yet. As far as Duncan being number 1 pick, i clearly said those teams i listed didn't wait around to sign the biggest free agents out there. Anyway, i will be a hawks fan win or lose. Its up to Ferry to put out a good team.
    fair enough. what happens here in the immediate future could have huge implications. But I think we should make it clear that we are not risking anything by tanking. Even if we don't get Wiggins, then we'll still have plenty of draft picks. And next year's draft already looks to be much better with Wiggins, Parker, and Randall. So we could still end up with a potential star.

The only thing we lose is the upcoming season. And let's be honest... no one is likely to knock off the heat next year anyways. Let's just tank, get one of the above mentioned players, wait for Lebron to get old, and then start the first hawks dynasty.

Tanking on purpose doesn't always work, this isn't football where it's slotted by record. The Spurs basically lucked into Duncan, they didn't TRY to suck, David Robinson (arguably a Top 3 player in the league at that time) had a season ending injury and the rest is history. The alternative is to accumulate assets, kind like the recent Celtics did, then when 'franchise' guys become available, you have to pull the trigger. BOS already had Pierce, but they moved Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, two 1sts + more in a package deal for KG, and moved high pick Jeff Green, Wally Sizzurp, Delonte West (when people thought he was good) in order to get Ray Allen. That's where Billy Knight and Rick Sund went wrong with the 'Detroit' model: they loved to compound their own mistakes (drafts, extensions), instead of striking when the iron is hot (dump 'em when value is maxed out).

Quote Originally Posted by thomass
    Wiggins is thought of a super star RIGHT NOW, and he hasn't even played one game in college.
    In fairness: so was Shabazz Muhammad, and look at him now, damn near radioactive. Scouts compared him to Kobe in HS, now they compare him to role players. Bottom line: what looks good now can change quickly, that goes for us (fans and teams, in terms of a 'plan') as well as for players once they step into a bigger spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15
    I have no interest in Noel because as Bravo said he's not a center. Plus his rawness offensively is more raw than I have seen with some guys, plus the knee of course. Oladipo is the guy I have my eye on.
    Exactly, plus the knee. But yeah if he had the kind of body that could fill out to, say, 255lbs at least, I'd love him.

This is different than someone like Anthony Davis for example, who I was very high on after one year. AD was skinny and raw, but not THAT skinny and I kept saying his bball IQ was off the charts offensively (finishing, passing, cutting, screening), that's why I was willing to push my chips to the table on him.

I think Noel will be great in NBA if stays healthy but we have no need to worry about him as Orlando plan on drafting him if Cavs passes...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit
    I think Noel will be great in NBA if stays healthy but we have no need to worry about him as Orlando plan on drafting him if Cavs passes...
    I don't think Noel will be a bad player, just think other guys (like Oladipo) have a higher ceiling, which is what we all probably want from the pick if Ferry jumps up that high. My sleeper is CJ McCollum, that kid plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast