Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Well you guys already fill like anyone I name is so sorry that they wouldn't be better than the one yr wonders coming out of college which we know nothing about. I just think we should shoot for the stars and hey we might hit the moon but hey we're still aiming high. I like the Jefferson al mix with Evans or Ellis

Teague
    Ellis
    Evans
    Al
    Jefferson not bad right

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    The NBA is a broken league
    Pretty much this. If you are a franchise like the Hawks you are going to have to find luck in the draft. Just the way it is. Unless some rare chance you can trade for a star (what Houston did last season) but that is very rare and we have nothing to trade for one.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Well you guys already fill like anyone I name is so sorry that they wouldn't be better than the one yr wonders coming out of college which we know nothing about. I just think we should shoot for the stars and hey we might hit the moon but hey we're still aiming high. I like the Jefferson al mix with Evans or Ellis

Teague
    Ellis
    Evans
    Al
    Jefferson not bad right
    That would not be a better team than the one we put on the floor last year. While Jefferson has a nice post game, he wouldn't defend a fly in a phone booth. Also playing him with Ellis doesn't make much sense as Ellis likes to push the pace and Jefferson doesn't run. It would still be going home early and capped out once again.

And we would miss out on the chance at the biggest praised draft class since Lebron. You would take that roster and an early elimination over that?

Comparisons don't mean much, especially coming out of High School, but would you want that roster over potentially who the draft prospects are being compared to:

Andrew Wiggins - Scottie Pippen. I would have to take a prime Pippen up against anybody in the league today.

Jabari Parker - Melo. Franchise player.

Julius Randle - Chris Webber. Franchise player.

If we end up with the worst record, we would have at least a choice of one of these (don't you get 3rd at worst?). This is just 3 of the players. Marcus Smart, James Young, Harrison twins are more potential stars. No way all 7 of these guys bust in college (Smart is already in college and looks to be the first Guard taken), so there is a reason to tank for teams.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-03-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Being reported Dwight will announce decision on Friday, earlier than expected.

Sources: Hawks Likely To 'Tank' If Howard Doesn't Sign

Jul 03, 2013 1:22 AM EDT

The Atlanta Hawks created cap space to pursue Dwight Howard this offseason.

With Howard appearing likely to sign elsewhere, sources say the Hawks likely won't pursue players to become a playoff contender in order to improve their odds in the 2014 lottery.

"I think we may all be UNDERESTIMATING number of teams considering tanking this year. Been flooded with calls from GMs re 2014 draft class," wrote Ford on Twitter.

Beyond Andrew Wiggins at the top of the 2014 draft, the deep class could include the likes of Aaron Gordon, Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, Andrew Harrison and Marcus Smart.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN
    Looks like we are not the only one's thinking this way!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Looks like we are not the only one's thinking this way!
    It should be the obvious thing, but some people wants to be stuck in the middle. New GM/Coach that share the same vision of building a team...........and they can't rebuild? They should have every right to.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-03-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier26583868

Teague
    Ellis
    Evans
    Al
    Jefferson not bad right
    Me and you are on the same page. These players haven't played a college game, yet some people want to throw away a season for a "chance" to draft them. If we put out a good lineup, its no telling what a new system Can do for some of these Players, in a new city.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Quote Originally Posted by *Silverback View Post
    It should be the obvious thing, but some people wants to be stuck in the middle. New GM/Coach that share the same vision of building a team...........and they can't rebuild? They should have every right to.
    So, even if we decide to tsnk just because we don't get Howard, how bad do you think we'll be? Bobcats bad, or wizards bad? With Teague, Horford, Lou, and whatever else guys we sign is enough for at least 30 wins, and that might only merit us a top ten pick. Not to mention we may not be the worst tram in the East, plus there will be bad west teams. Even if that was the case, i dont see us being so bad, where we could land a top 5 pick. You guys are quoting a college basketball guru who isnt a Nba expert. DH wont automatically get us to the finals. We have alot of sticks in the pot to build a very good team.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

I would almost rather get a 3rd team involved in a potential S&T-Josh-to-HOU scenario so we can get future draft picks with more upside than the low level picks we'd get from Morey. That Rockets team, if Dwight signs there and is fully recovered, could easily go for 60+ wins in the regular season, killing the draft value we'd be looking for, with Howard and Harden clearly Top 10 players while Top-30-to-40ish Josh serves in the 3rd/4th option role which has always been his ceiling. Best case scenario for us in terms of value would be shipping Josh to a bad or borderline playoff team that has a 'questionable' front office, like Detroit or Cleveland, in exchange for picks and waiting for that team to screw it all up somehow then hoping the ping pongs go our way.

If the goal is to tank, you more than likely have to trade Horford simply because it's obvious he is a competitor and would do everything to carry a team of scrubs to the playoffs out of pride. Actually, now that I think about it, if we're trying to tank you might be better off re-signing Josh and trading Al because (1) Al has been the smarter, superior all-around player between the two... and (2) the odds are MUCH higher between the two that Josh will turn into a petulant child and locker room problem if he's here once the losing starts (since we saw it happen during a losing skid this past season, resulting in him getting suspended by Ferry), which would actually help the Hawks lose even more.

Lots of, shall we say, "unintentional comedy" in this thread since I was last on here though.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-03-2013 at 09:44 AM.

So we can look at it like we have JSmith and JTeague available through sign and trade and we have AHorford and LWilliams available. If we are gonna tank we have to trade em all to contend for Wiggins or any other top pick. The problem with the trades tho is we will likely not get a lotto pick for them bc the teams that will want to trade for them are looking to contend. Any young players you wanna see that have a lot of potential but won't make us contenders? I like Thomas Robinson and Andre Drummond.

We are really playing a game of luck with the ping pong ball and being as we have botch high picks before I really am not looking forward to it. Will be ok I guess I like DF just wish we did a little better in the draft but hey we might have drafted the next super stars in the league

How could the nba allow teams to dis honor the sport by purposely loosing why even play the season why not just let the season start with the teams that have a chance. This just makes me think the nba is really fixed. I sure wouldn't go to a game I know my team wants to loose just forfit the games don't waste the hard working mans money. I bet all the teams that are tanking are not going to lower their ticket prices

The Hawks have had 'stars' over the last decade. It's relatively easy to become a 'star' in the NBA. What the Hawks need, according to fans, is a SUPERstar... Someone who can sell out the building and get the whiny fans to put up or shut up in terms of buying tickets and merchandise. A unifying force. Since 2004 (which was when this previous run basically began), the Hawks have ranked 20th or worse in attendance every year but once. So despite some guys being 'stars' or known around the league, we have proof that no one who has been on the roster is packing the building, which should put a strict limit on what each guy is worth as far as a contract. Even when the team was winning 50+ games, people didn't come or care. It's not the fans fault entirely, just the way things are when you have a team that does stupid things like justify Marvin over CP3 and Deron, etc.

Also, it's looking more and more like Daryl Morey did not trade for a star, but rather, he traded for a SUPERSTAR in Harden. When people doubted JH after his poor performance in the Finals, he came back and showed what he can do as 'the man', had a chance to win MVP. Just shows how silly some of those debates and comparisons were when he was rumored to be on the trade block. Now Harden is recruiting others... that's what superstars-not-named-Derrick-Rose do.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-03-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast