Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    All these scenarios are if we don't get Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    All these scenarios are if we don't get Howard.
    Agreed. Dwight or tank.

Marc Stein: My man @Brian Windhorst reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Rumors tagsDetroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors, Trade, Rudy Gay, Charlie Villanueva, Rodney Stuckey | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#bK0ofDjKYpyzlYRm.99
    This would mean one less suitor for Smith.

This would mean one less suitor for Smith.
    I was thinking, if we tank we would still need more salary, so the best bet would be to take on expiring deals while we tank. Doing a deal like a sign and trade Smith for expiring contracts and a draft pick and then Horford for the same would give us the salary and draft picks to tank if we don't get Howard.

These 2 players from Detroit would have been perfect to tank with.

Smith will get a look from Dallas and/or Houston, just waiting for Dwight.

A suggestion on tanking and adding salary, if Houston wants Smith (if they get Howard) would anyone do a Smith for Asik, Jones, and a 2014 1st? We take on salary, who is also a starting center, a young prospect in Jones and another pick for next year.

Dennis Schroeder/Lou Williams
    John Jenkins/Jared Cunningham
    random SF
    Al Horford/Terrence Jones
    Omer Asik/Mike Muscala

and 2 draft picks
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I was thinking, if we tank we would still need more salary, so the best bet would be to take on expiring deals while we tank. Doing a deal like a sign and trade Smith for expiring contracts and a draft pick and then Horford for the same would give us the salary and draft picks to tank if we don't get Howard.

These 2 players from Detroit would have been perfect to tank with.

Smith will get a look from Dallas and/or Houston, just waiting for Dwight.
    Problem with that is Det's pick won't be a good one for us. They are a play-off team.
    If Cle is really still interested in Smith, they would be my pick to deal with. While Smith and Irving would be very exciting and could be the building block for the future, I don't think that team would make the play-off's.

As for horford the teams that come to mind for me are the Bobcats for MKG and their un-protected #1. They are under the cap, so the numbers don't have to add up. And PHX for Dragic, Gortrat, and theie un-protected #1. Again I don't the addition of Horfod alone gets either of these teams in the play-off's. There are others, these two are off the top of my head.

Wow guys I never Hurd fans asking to loose is this what real fans do or is this from years of loosing?

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    A suggestion on tanking and adding salary, if Houston wants Smith (if they get Howard) would anyone do a Smith for Asik, Jones, and a 2014 1st? We take on salary, who is also a starting center, a young prospect in Jones and another pick for next year.

Dennis Schroeder/Lou Williams
    John Jenkins/Jared Cunningham
    random SF
    Al Horford/Terrence Jones
    Omer Asik/Mike Muscala

and 2 draft picks
    Not a fan of Asik at his price. I also think it wouldn't be complete tanking with him and Horford in the front court. SO I go no! Both teams would still make the play-off's, so the picks wouldn't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Wow guys I never Hurd fans asking to loose is this what real fans do or is this from years of loosing?
    Come on man, not again. There is nothing in Free agency that is making us a contender outside of Howard. So we waste a year with Horford as our best player and try again for Lebron next year, and lose out again (while missing a loaded draft). Cycle continues.

Again it's not asking to loose! It's saying lets not stay first round and go home. I want Howard! But if we don't get him, there is not another player out on the market that makes us better than last year. If there is one PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!

I want to win guys we still have the pick from Boston in are pocket that will definently be a high pick

As for horford the teams that come to mind for me are the Bobcats for MKG and their un-protected #1. They are under the cap, so the numbers don't have to add up. And PHX for Dragic, Gortrat, and theie un-protected #1. Again I don't the addition of Horfod alone gets either of these teams in the play-off's. There are others, these two are off the top of my head.
    A Suns deal either for Smith or Horford would be a good idea. Dragic can start until Dennis comes along, not having to re-sign Teague.

I want to win guys we still have the pick from Boston in are pocket that will definently be a high pick
    What pick is that?

What pick? Why would Boston be tanking right now if we had their pick? Did the Hawks steal it from them?

You literally have no idea what you're talking about so don't accuse us reasonable people of not being real fans because we're not blinded by some idiotic dream of continued mediocrity.

The NBA is a broken league so if you don't want to rebuild, pick another team or another sport. Please.

Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast