Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Objectively speaking, if I'm Howard, I'm signing wRockets and that's what I fully expect him to do. I do think Atlanta would be his 2nd best option if you're focusing on the team but the situation with his family is complicated and only he knows how he really feels about that. It must be annoying for people to be asking you for tickets and whatever else all the time. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances of getting Howard but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Talking to FAs doesn't mean anything other than we're kicking the tires which is something any good GM would do. Teams don't necessarily need superstars to win, though it is much easier with them. Even the Pacers this year were one game away from the finals.

Patience.
    I don't think anyone was implying that the free agent visits meant someone was going to agree to sign. If you follow college recruiting you know that official visits are nothing more than to get a feel of what both sides are offering. No one expects this team to suddenly win the finals with a few acquisitions.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Quote Originally Posted by GThawks View Post
    I seriously doubt we tank...

How does this team look

Teague / Schroeder
    Evans / Williams / Jenkins
    Korver / Cunningham
    Horford / Scott
    Howard / BeBe / Muscalla
    Not pleasing. I agree, any team with pride won't tank just for a chance at some teenager. I think we need a real bench. As important as it is to have a talented starting five, the bench is equally important.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    It looks like I'm talking to myself right now () but I just want to bring up something about Ferry looking to get a star in here. There are 3 ways to do that:

1. Free Agency (Dwight Howard the only one out there)
    2. Trade (Nothing to trade)
    3. Draft

If we don't get Dwight, and #2 isn't in the cards right now, the Draft/tank is the only way. This upcoming draft is the best draft to do so (Celtics know this).
    Everyone has an opinion. But where is the logic in intentionally putting a D league team on the court, just so you can get a high draft pick? 1 player who may, or may not pan out is very illogical to pursue. You just can't do that. 1 player won't boost our chances at anything. We have to actually have talent around that player for the team to succeed.

I agree thats why tanking is not an option. We need to put pieces together while building thru the draft. Its ok tro draft for potential when you have a team in place, and we don't have that not even close that's why i'm upset with DF and Bud they are drafting like we have a spurs team already. You draft three projects that probably want even play this year, so who is on the floor for us AL, jenkins, and scott thats it and maybe teague come on think you draft one project and two decesnt players we had 4 picks and this is what you have to show for it. Every time i talk about it i get upset I just hope that they have a big play in free agency and they didn't put all there eggs in for CP3 and DH.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    You just can't do that. 1 player won't boost our chances at anything. We have to actually have talent around that player for the team to succeed.
    1, you can do that.

2, did Cavs have talent around Lebron before they picked him? Sonics before KD? No, it's because they were picking #1 (in KD's case, 2). You get the Franchise guy then build around him.

I don't know why people like to settle for "just making the playoffs" around here but that is what people see in the Hawks franchise. You get a star either by FA, Draft, or Trade. Tanking is what can get you a star, not signing Ellis.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-02-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    With the no jump shot Rondo? Who probably won't even play this upcoming season? Good luck dreaming with that one.
    I just said maybe, but I really appreciate you offering the luck...

The Hawks haven't had a legit star since the days of Wilkins. We need to get a star player. The city needs a star... Not all these above average players that can't get us to the finals. It's gotta be Howard or Wiggins. Nothing else will get us even close to a championship

well we need something and from what i think we didn't get it in the draft. If you want to tank do you realize how much money you loose to get a player that could be like Oden, K. Brown,and i'm pretty sure the number of bust lottery players out number the ones that are actuall super stars, so the risk reward is very lop sided

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonacollier View Post
    The Hawks haven't had a legit star since the days of Wilkins. We need to get a star player. The city needs a star... Not all these above average players that can't get us to the finals. It's gotta be Howard or Wiggins. Nothing else will get us even close to a championship
    Wiggins isn't the only draft prospect that can become a star. Jabari Parker could very well be the top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Wiggins isn't the only draft prospect that can become a star. Jabari Parker could very well be the top pick.
    While I agree Parker could be a superstar as well, It would take a huge fall from Wiggins for him to over take Wiggins for the number one spot. Just like the LBJ draft, there where many who liked Melo and posed the same question, but at the end of the day just like with the LBJ draft, Wiggins just has such massive overall talent, that no one is passing on it. Unless he gets hurt, I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    While I agree Parker could be a superstar as well, It would take a huge fall from Wiggins for him to over take Wiggins for the number one spot. Just like the LBJ draft, there where many who liked Melo and posed the same question, but at the end of the day just like with the LBJ draft, Wiggins just has such massive overall talent, that no one is passing on it. Unless he gets hurt, I don't see it happening.
    Either way, there are 5 or so guys that I feel comfortable rebuilding (tanking) for in this draft. If we don't get Howard, I would rather get a Parker, Young, or Randle instead of Ellis, Jennings, etc.

If we stay the same ol' Hawks, would people really want to see the wins followed by blow outs on national TV? Or the 2nd round eliminations? Boom or bust. If you're not first you're last. Well if we don't get the boom (Howard/championship) we should try for the potential boom, not the safe middle.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-02-2013 at 06:16 PM.

I might be seeing too much into this but Bledsoe will be traded to the Suns, who will look to trade Dragic and Gortat. I'm wondering if we miss out on Howard and won't tank, I could see Ferry wanting to add these 2, as they seem like players that fit that Spurs mold. We wouldn't need Teague while Schroeder can learn behind Dragic.

Not a fan of this idea btw, just something I could see happening. I still want to rebuild.

Is it me or are we just sitting back waiting for someone to fall in our lap. we only have like five players on the roster. we have to do something or it will look like were taking a dive with a pocket full of money.

I no guys are like be patient, but come on i dont think the owners want to loose that much money if you thought it was hard to get people to come to the game imagine if we do what we are doing now NOTHIN absolutley nothing. There want even be a decent player to talk into comeing here to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Is it me or are we just sitting back waiting for someone to fall in our lap. we only have like five players on the roster. we have to do something or it will look like were taking a dive with a pocket full of money.
    Nobody can sign with anyone yet. Waiting for Howard N' Friends to be over, Ferry prob waiting to see if he needs to rebuild or not. He won't overpay for the 2nd/3rd tier right now. Waiting for the "Superstar" to make his decision, then see what else there is. Won't make deals just to make them, plus you can't sign anybody until the 10th anyways (when Howard finally makes his decision).

We have talked to Howard, Evans, and Smith it seems. Also been rumored with alot of others.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Page 24 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast