Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    As far as what has been confirmed, The Hawks had visits with Dwight. Will have vista from Tyreke Evans,Andre Igoudala. Al jefferson and Monte Ellis have expressed mutual interest in the Hawks as well. Danny Ferry has said they are looking to build a strong defensive team that is well rounded. Wont overpay just for the big headline. A far cry from what Rick Sund was doing, just being complacent. Glad Ferry has a vision.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

I believe Evan was offered 12 mil a year. Being a RFA, looks like we won't sign him, as I don't think we should pay more than that and anything lower Kings will match.

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    A dream come true, maybe???
    With the no jump shot Rondo? Who probably won't even play this upcoming season? Good luck dreaming with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL-ALL-DAY View Post
    I'm not banking on the lottery, to hell with Wiggins, no way we have a shot at him...
    To be honest we have more of a shot to get a pick of Wiggins/Parker/Randle and whoever else rises as a potential star than Howard signing here. First of all, Howard chooses while if you have the worst record in the league, are you not automatically picking at the very least 4th or so in the draft? Next year's draft is deep and there are more than 4 players that I would want from it.

Guys I'm telling you, if we don't get Howard, our best bet at a turnaround and star is the draft. Ellis, Jefferson, etc will only give us the same results as we have been getting. Wouldn't you want Ferry to build the team his way, with his handpicked players? I would rather let him pick a guy in the draft than to keep the playoff streak of losing in the 1st or 2nd round going by signing the same ol'.

It's not even just Wiggins. Parker could be our franchise guy. Randle. Young. Smart. One of the Harrison twins. Now think if we could sign and trade Smith for a draft pick as well. 2 guys from next year's draft could turn the team around quickly.

I'm already having my "Dwight type dream" for next draft:

Dennis Schroeder
    James Young
    Jabari Parker
    Al Horford
    Either one of our rookies or a FA
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-02-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I believe Evan was offered 12 mil year. Being a RFA, looks like we won't sign him, as I don't think we should pay more than that and anything lower Kings will match.
    No, he was offered 4 years $40 million by the pelicans. Im not a big Evans fan anyway tho. But if all else fails, he could be a solid SG. In a different system on a new team could do him good. Just giving an update tho, not advocating a signing or anything.

Frazier...goodness, go sulk by yourself. Everybody's frustrated but you're the only one acting like a child. This was Ferry's first draft and you have absolutely no idea how good(or bad) the players we drafted are nor do you have any idea about the players we passed over. Only time will tell. Everybody wants to win but that's not happening overnight and we have a new coach and GM, chill the eff out.

Another note on Evans, Sacramento will probably look to add Monta Ellis anyway so instead of overpaying they probably will just straight up sign Ellis instead of trying to match for Tyreke. Just a thought. Don't really care though.

Objectively speaking, if I'm Howard, I'm signing with the Rockets and that's what I fully expect him to do. I do think Atlanta would be his 2nd best option if you're focusing on the team but the situation with his family is complicated and only he knows how he really feels about that. It must be annoying for people to be asking you for tickets and whatever else all the time. I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances of getting Howard but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Talking to FAs doesn't mean anything other than we're kicking the tires which is something any good GM would do. Teams don't necessarily need superstars to win, though it is much easier with them. Even the Pacers this year were one game away from the finals.

Patience.

Everybody will tank for Wiggins. Fine, I would tank for Parker and be happy with my pick (comparisons to Melo). Point is, we don't just have to tank for Wiggins for it to be a success. Plus I think Ferry will eye the Duke prospect more so.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Talking to FAs doesn't mean anything other than we're kicking the tires which is something any good GM would do. Teams don't necessarily need superstars to win, though it is much easier with them. Even the Pacers this year were one game away from the finals.
    Exactly. How many big time FAs did Ferry actually pull in at his time with the Cavs (Larry Hughes)? Of course he got Shaq at the end of his career, but he never really looked to pair another team's star with Lebron. That Amare rumor never reached anything as Ferry was high on his draft pick Hickson instead (and come to think about it, which one would you have now? Ferry made the right decision).

The draft is where Ferry (and the Spurs) wants to build a team.

@WojYahooNBA

In Atlanta and Golden State presentations today, Dwight Howard camp considered both coaches, Mike Budenholzer and Mark Jackson, impressive.
    Could this get done without Smith? Would Dwight come here for the "impressive" Bud and to be paired with Horford to make the best frontcourt in the league?

It looks like I'm talking to myself right now () but I just want to bring up something about Ferry looking to get a star in here. There are 3 ways to do that:

1. Free Agency (Dwight Howard the only one out there)
    2. Trade (Nothing to trade)
    3. Draft

If we don't get Dwight, and #2 isn't in the cards right now, the Draft/tank is the only way. This upcoming draft is the best draft to do so (Celtics know this).

I seriously doubt we tank...

How does this team look

Teague / Schroeder
    Evans / Williams / Jenkins
    Korver / Cunningham
    Horford / Scott
    Howard / BeBe / Muscalla

I'm in serious doubt that we sign Howard... And honestly, idk that a Howard/Horford/you name them combo cud even contend in the east right now! Yeah it'll be one of the best backcourts if not the best... But we are seriously lacking scorers to compete with MIA and now BRK. If we can't get Howard, then I feel like we shud go all in on a rebuild. I say we sign and trade Josh and Teague for picks or exceptions and Trade Horford for a top 5 pick next year if possible. A possible 2 top 5 picks in a serious draft class isn't a bad way to start. I would also try and sign Al-Farouq Aminu SF and Xavier Henry SG to multi year deals. Both could blossom given a full starting schedule. Fill the rest of the roster with vets and prepare for next years draft and FA.

Ugandan,

I'm not acting like a child but a fan who is stating facts that we can't sell a team with no pieces to a free agent that wants to win a championship. We have no pieces right now with a lot of money to spin on who? We will be a destination for FA that want toget payed with no expectations.

Page 23 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast