Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Shroeder, Big wig, and the other kid from princeton or were ever are not even going to play for us for another two to three years, so again what are we building what offense what personnel doesn't add up at all. We can't even get 6 players to play a pickup game.
    Tell me, where did you hear this from?

I know everyone wants the shoe sellers on their team and everything, but don't be down if we rebuild, which is what I see happening since last season. Ferry wants his team, and we loved him when he shipped out Joe, don't hate on him when he starts the rebuilding.

Also if there is a panic after losing out on Howard, "let's sign Jefferson and Ellis quick! Let's be an 8th seed!" Do you not see what we had the last handful of years. Joe, Josh and Al, all top 50 players. Couldn't make it. So we add 2 of Jefferson/Ellis/Smith/Iggy to Horford, what do we have? The same results.

Howard or 2014 draft. This is the ways of getting a potential star. This is what Ferry should have in mind.

I just hope in five years we don't still be hoping instead of doing. We need to be a bigger player in free agency maybe ellis, mayo, bynum, even try for rondo if possible. Just put forth the effert or loose what little fan base we have thats all. I watch most of the games and there never packed or evn look like a NBA franchise game should look. Know one wants to pay to see a pathetic team, and believe me we have looked half way decent the past couple of years even though we had not try to hard Jsmoove and shoot them up johnson. atleast you might get lucky and se jsmoove really look like he wants to play, and i don't think we were that bad just the coaching was so horrible. Why would you run a offense with Jsmoove on the three point line it just never made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Tell me, where did you hear this from?

I know everyone wants the shoe sellers on their team and everything, but don't be down if we rebuild, which is what I see happening since last season. Ferry wants his team, and we loved him when he shipped out Joe, don't hate on him when he starts the rebuilding.

Also if there is a panic after losing out on Howard, "let's sign Jefferson and Ellis quick! Let's be an 8th seed!" Do you not see what we had the last handful of years. Joe, Josh and Al, all top 50 players. Couldn't make it. So we add 2 of Jefferson/Ellis/Smith/Iggy to Horford, what do we have? The same results.
    Its about effort that's what i havent seen along with good coaching and dicipline. those teams would have been better if we didn't run iso joe every time down the floor and putting jsmove at the three point line.

Its about effort that's what i havent seen along with good coaching and dicipline. those teams would have been better if we didn't run iso joe every time down the floor and putting jsmove at the three point line.
    New GM. New Coach. Both has a shared model of how a championship team is constructed. Have the Hawks before them had a successful model of what success looks like recently? Give them a chance and time.

NO ELLIS. Dennis Schroeder has me more excited than any Jennings, Ellis, or Mayo signing will do. Give them a chance to turn the disaster into a respected champion. It takes more than 1 summer and a hope to sign a Center that has soap opera written all over him to turn a franchise around. Give into the tank, and grab a prospect in next year's draft that is deep with talent throughout the lottery. Give Ferry's draft decisions some hope. He isn't trying to build around Lebron here, so give him a chance to get his guys on the team before you push him out the door. Ellis, Jefferson, etc will only get us the 1st round eliminations again. You want that? Sometimes it's best to take a step back to move forward. Ferry/Bud isn't going to take guys they feel isn't in the plans to a championship, so wait until they get the team built.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.

New GM. New Coach. Both has a shared model of how a championship team is constructed. Have the Hawks before them had a successful model of what success looks like recently? Give them a chance and time.

NO ELLIS. Dennis Schroeder has me more excited than any Jennings, Ellis, or Mayo signing will do. Give them a chance to turn the disaster into a respected champion. It takes more than 1 summer and a hope to sign a Center that has soap opera written all over him to turn a franchise around. Give into the tank, and grab a prospect in next year's draft that is deep with talent throughout the lottery. Give Ferry's draft decisions some hope. He isn't trying to build around Lebron here, so give him a chance to get his guys on the team before you push him out the door. Ellis, Jefferson, etc will only get us the 1st round eliminations again. You want that? Sometimes it's best to take a step back to move forward. Ferry/Bud isn't going to take guys they feel isn't in the plans to a championship, so wait until they get the team built.
    Beleive me i will give him a chance because i'm a die hard fan, but i'm just no impressed so far. Yes he got read of joe and thank god marvin, but we need to get better with this drafting. We wouldn't be in this if we could draft right and i know it wasn't there fault but WOW they better be some good guys he just drafted. They just seem like something you would draft if you had a lebron which could be projects not to start a team

Beleive me i will give him a chance because i'm a die hard fan, but i'm just no impressed so far. Yes he got read of joe and thank god marvin, but we need to get better with this drafting. We wouldn't be in this if we could draft right and i know it wasn't there fault but WOW they better be some good guys he just drafted. They just seem like something you would draft if you had a lebron which could be projects not to start a team
    How do you know how they will turn out? Just because they didn't play in the NCAA?

Give me these guys who are hungry and not affected by the US star/agent mess that comes with high school and college "star" players. These guys will work hard and we drafted the 2 best international players in this draft. People said it was a "weak" draft, so why not take the international guys, who have been dubbed "The Brazilian Marcus Camby" and a "Rondo that has a jump shot". Do you just not like international players or something because you seem to knock on the selections before they have even stepped foot on an NBA court. Spurs has made a winning franchise off of international players and this is where our GM/coach came from.

Who has said what decision has been made on these rookies and if they will play this season or not? Ferry hasn't said anything. Maybe is he trying for the fan's Howard dream and when that doesn't happen, you will see Dennis Schroeder playing and developing into a great player.

How do you know how they will turn out? Just because they didn't play in the NCAA?

Give me these guys who are hungry and not affected by the US star/agent mess that comes with high school and college "star" players. These guys will work hard and we drafted the 2 best international players in this draft. People said it was a "weak" draft, so why not take the international guys, who have been dubbed "The Brazilian Marcus Camby" and a "Rondo that has a jump shot". Do you just not like international players or something because you seem to knock on the selections before they have even stepped foot on an NBA court. Spurs has made a winning franchise off of international players and this is where our GM/coach came from.

Who has said what decision has been made on these rookies and if they will play this season or not? Ferry hasn't said anything. Maybe is he trying for the fan's Howard dream and when that doesn't happen, you will see Dennis Schroeder playing and developing into a great player.
    No i don't have anything against the international players, but there young and in the pass we have drafted international players and never saw any fruit from are labor AKA Pape Sy,Sergiy Gladyr, Viktor Sanikidze. We just can't develop those type of players

I would have liked Plumlee, franklin, or even Gorgui Dieng. We could have kept the larkin kid who we trade just a liitle bit more security thats all. theses are big school kids who can handle the NBA better than 19 yr old kids from across seas who don't even play with the same rules.

No i don't have anything against the international players, but there young and in the pass we have drafted international players and never saw any fruit from are labor AKA Pape Sy,Sergiy Gladyr, Viktor Sanikidze. We just can't develop those type of players
    1, those were made by different GMs, usually in the 2nd round so they don't have to pay them. 2, they were not the top international talent. We drafted the top 2 prospects and by a GM that has seen international players win championships in the NBA.

@ramonashelburne

Hawks have just finished their meeting with Dwight Howard. No comment except to tell Shelley Smith that it went "well."
    Here is more hope for the hopeful.

Ok i'm as hopeful as you are positive about this. I just don't know how these young kids are going to handle the change, and it want help there confidence if they are steam roled every night on a 5 win team. Tony and ginobili learned from champions not a first year coach and a bunch of leftovers

Here is more hope for the hopeful.
    Better than bad. Prob will know soon...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Better than bad. Prob will know soon...
    Sounds like Howard is making Houston tell him how they are going to fit another player into the salary cap (must be his buddy Smith).

Hawks could be favorites. On one hand, I want this to happen just to shut ESPN up and to see all of the new Hawks fans that we will get on the boards. On the other, Josh Smith, Al Horford (not going anywhere), and Dwight Howard frontcourt needs some shooters badly.

double post.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-01-2013 at 07:43 PM.

NBA Rumors ‏@NBARUMORS 1h

Corey Brewer will soon meet with the Houston Rockets. The New Orleans Pelicans and Atlanta Hawks also have expressed interest in Brewer.

Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast