Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Yannis Koutroupis: A potential sign-and-trade for Josh Smith, a childhood friend of Howard's, was not brought up in the Rockets' meeting with him last night. Twitter @YannisHW

Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Trade, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
    hoopshype.com

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Anyone else having problems logging on?

IDK if Boston would except that...... However if they would accept a S&T for JT in exchange for Rondo, and we could somehow move Lee to a 3rd team, And you could tell Howard, I can pair you with Horford, Rondo, and possibly Smith if he doesn't want the max, that would be something DH12 would seriously have to consider.

Rondo
    Jenkins
    Smith
    Horford
    Howard

Nice..... Biggest problem is moving Lou looks bad, being that we just signed last off-season.
    Wouldn't mind that at all!

•Dallas would like to retain Brandan Wright, but the Hawks, Magic, Pistons, Raptors, and Knicks all expressed interest in the Jim Tanner client after free agency began last night, McMahon reports. Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com (Twitter link) also adds the Lakers to the list of potential suitors for Wright.
    hoopsrumors.com

Latest On Josh Smith

July 1 at 8:38am CST By Chuck Myron

Josh Smith met with the Pistons overnight, and TNT's David Aldridge reports that the forward didn't emerge with an offer from what was nonetheless a "productive" meeting, as a source characterized the affair to Chris Broussard of ESPN.com (Twitter links). The meeting was geared toward each side "feeling out" the other, according to Aldridge, who isn't surprised the Pistons would hold off on making an offer for now, given their interest in Andre Iguodala as well (Twitter link).

Smith is set to talk today with the Rockets and Hawks, tweets Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Like the Pistons, both teams have plenty of cap room, but Atlanta and especially Houston likely view Smith as a fallback option in case Dwight Howard signs elsewhere.

The Hawks have Smith's Bird rights, allowing them to offer a five-year deal for a total of about $25MM more than he could sign for elsewhere. GM Danny Ferry may not need to go that far for the Wallace Prather client, though, since the Pistons don't appear willing to offer him the max. Luke Adams of Hoops Rumors estimated this morning that Smith could wind up with a four-year, $60MM deal.
    If rumors are true that Smith turned down an ext offer of 3yrs and 45 mil before the season, this fits right in just adding another year. I don't think Ferry would choke at the extra year. I do however think Smith will have to wait til DH commits somewhere before his offers start to role in.

Hawks Won't Extend QO To Ivan Johnson

June 30 at 3:41pm CST By Zach Links

The Hawks won't extend a qualifying offer to Ivan Johnson, making him a free agent this summer, tweets Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Hawks GM Danny Ferry was very noncommital in a recent interview when asked if he would give Johnson a QO rather than allowing him to become a restricted free agent.

While Johnson won't necessarily be back with Atlanta next season, we learned earlier today that teammate Jeff Teague has received the QO from Ferry & Co. Teague's deal will be worth more than $4.5MM, but the club has apparently decided that the ~$1.2MM needed for Johnson just wasn't worth it.
    Academic IMHO. Ivan wasn't going to get a huge offer from another team. No need to tie up that money. While I wouldn't close the door on the Hawks talking to Ivan at sometime, Ferry just didn't want to tie up the money to make him restricted.

Jeff as posted earlier, will at some point get an offer from some team. The Hawks just kept the ability to match. Like Smith, this can be taken off the table if the Hawks need the cap room.

Any word on how our meeting with DH12 went?

Pelicans offered Tyreke Evans a 4yr $48 mil deal. I would give him that, he's only 23.

Dude i don't like the way this is going. It looks like old DF might have sold us a dream, and he is on some 8yr plan to be good. Looks like back to the dump for us. No playoffs and a bunch of internatinal players who have to stay over seas for 17yrs. DF you f**ked us thanks.

Are we going to even jump in the game we look like we are trying to lay back with no attempt at getting better. We have like three players on our roster, and like seven projects over seas. This is really bad for us i had hope for danny that he would pull a rabbit out of his hat, but it looks like out of his A*S

I love my hawks have been with them since spu web, and to go back to being the laughing stock of the league really pisses me off, because i do want to live to see us win the championship. The way DF is going is almost BKish if you know what i mean. Us selecting these over seas dudes is so wack its like were tanking for what to hope we get a good pick next year which is stupid to me. We had all year to think and set up for the draft free agency and you are going to tell me we were shooting for DH and CP3 you got to be kidding me we had no back up .WOW everybody seems to be getting in the mix but us and i feel like they owe us enough to atleast try jesus. These hawk they get your bllod pressure up LOL

@ the level of panic and some of these trade ideas and rosters... i don't see how some of you honestly think the Hawks will make some noise in the playoffs (assuming they get there) with some of those rosters

I do however love the roster of

Rondo
    Jenkins
    Josh
    Horford
    Howard

with Zaza, AK47 and a few others off the bench

Afrazier, you seem to have taken a pessimistic view of things. Ferry is still going to make a run at Howard, all is not lost. The 2014 NBA draft has several high profile prospects that could become franchise players. If there are 2 drafts to have tanked for in the last 15 years it's LBJ's draft and next years. There is also the crop of FA's including LBJ that will be available next year. Give Ferry a chance before you bury him, if after the draft and FA next year we still don't have a direction, I will carry the shovel for the ditch digging for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Afrazier, you seem to have taken a pessimistic view of things. Ferry is still going to make a run at Howard, all is not lost. The 2014 NBA draft has several high profile prospects that could become franchise players. If there are 2 drafts to have tanked for in the last 15 years it's LBJ's draft and next years. There is also the crop of FA's including LBJ that will be available next year. Give Ferry a chance before you bury him, if after the draft and FA next year we still don't have a direction, I will carry the shovel for the ditch digging for you.
    LOL

It just gets repetitive with us we can't get right. We draft like we don't do any homework, and we have no direction at all. I look at us now, and ask myself if i was DH would i come here to try to compete for a championship or just simply win a couple of games and maybe make the playoffs. We should have drafted a little better than we did, and persewed some better player thats all. Again act like you want to win not just go with the flow and settle for last place.

Quote Originally Posted by afrazier9 View Post
    Dude i don't like the way this is going. It looks like old DF might have sold us a dream, and he is on some 8yr plan to be good. Looks like back to the dump for us. No playoffs and a bunch of internatinal players who have to stay over seas for 17yrs. DF you f**ked us thanks.
    He never came out and gave hope about Howard. Everybody pushed that on him to be his priority.

Who says that is what he wants? Media and fans keep putting Howard/Smith in his face. So he tries to talk Howard into coming, who wouldn't? If he loses out, he moves on to his plan. IMO, he should rebuild the team through the draft the way Ferry/Bud sees it.

There are 2 reasons why Zaza, Ivan, Korver, etc isn't getting a look to come back and that is either to get Howard or rebuild with youth. Take whichever dream you want, but I'm focused on the players we have (Horford, Jenkins, the rookies) and moving forward. Howard is like hitting the lottery, and every other team will come away with nothing, not just The Hawks.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.

And it makes it even worst to know we have never really been good since the 80's. The pick we got don't even make sense to me. Shroeder, Big wig, and the other kid from princeton or were ever are not even going to play for us for another two to three years, so again what are we building what offense what personnel doesn't add up at all. We can't even get 6 players to play a pickup game.

Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast